UnitedHealth Group Senior Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UnitedHealth Group Senior Research Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The first part consists of 2 rounds of phone interviews. The first one is a lot easier, basically just to tell you about Lewin. The second is more formal and they ask you a few questions about healthcare. The second part is an on-site interview with three separate interviews and a lunch. The first interview discusses your qualitative background, the second your quantitative background and the third is more of a behavioral interview, tell me about a time when you overcame a challenge, etc. At the end of these interviews you have to take a writing assessment. You will analyze data from graphs, interpret them and have to write a policy recommendation in an hour. I didn't have time to even finish.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you took the initiative?

Tell me about your qualitative background.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Application package, introduction video, recruiter phone call, Lewin group management phone interview, in-person interview and small in-office writting sample. Drug screen and background check afterwards.

Overall the process went smoothly and the interviewers were not trying to trick you. When I applied Lewin was trying hard to get more employees.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Interview

One sided 5 minute recorded interview. You have 30 seconds to think of an answer and 3 minutes to record the response. There is a timer going so it is a bit stressful. Some of the questions were unexpected for a behavioral interview. Overall, I did the best I could given the time constraints.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group.

Interview

First round was a behavioral interview that asks general questions about your resume/experience, what the position entails, and overview of the company. Went to final round interview- started off with 30 minute intro of the overview of the company. Then 3 back-to-back behavioral based interviews that assess quantitative, qualitative, and consulting skills. Ends with hour long writing assessment in which you use graphs to write a summary for a client.

Interview Questions

• Specifics of quantitative skills- do you know how to code for SAS, do you know pivot plot of Excel.   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in January 2015.

Interview

Initially have a recorded interview through United Health Group on the website. After you'll be notified if you're invited down to Falls Church for an interview. Overview followed by four interviews and a writing assessment. Very relaxed environment, with friendly people. I think just being yourself and relaxed in the interview is really key.

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

First had a recruiter at my school who I talked to, then a phone interview, then an all day in office interview where I met with someone about my quantitative skills, someone about my qualitative skills, and someone who asked me standard interview questions. I also met with a Senior VP about why I should work there, and I got lunch with someone who just got promoted from the position I was interviewing for. There was also a writing assessment.

Interview Questions

• Questions about quantitative experience and qualitative experience, and standard interview questions. The writing assessment had me look at some graphs and summarize/analyze them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me a certain amount, I said it was too low, then we negotiated something slightly higher.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter and had a prelim phone interview the next week. After that, I was offered an in-person interview. That is a full day interview including a qualitative, quantitative, and consulting interview. They also have you do a simple timed writing. Also, they do reimburse for travel expenses (at least in my case) but it took them months to reimburse me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Phase 1 was an interview with the recruitment officer. Very short. It was more a gatekeeper interview to see if you match the qualifications.

Phase 2 was an interview with a current Senior Research Analyst. Call took about 1hr. It was more of an opportunity for me to lay out my qualifications and ask questions.

Phase 3 was they flew me into Falls Church for the interview. It was an all day interview including 4 interviews. One interview for qualitative skills, one for quantitative skills, one for consulting skills, a lunch with a current employee which should be treated as an interview, and a writing sample.

However, they took over a month to get back to me that I did not receive an offer despite my attempts to get in contact with them. While it turns out they had a reason for this delay, I still found this frustrating and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• They mostly wanted examples of different times I had faced difficulties in the workplace EG a project changes how do you change? They also wanted to know my specific quantitative skills.   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Interview

contacted first by HR department, then asked to submit a writing sample and had 30 minute conversation with senior employee, on-site interview approximately 5 hrs consisted of writing test and interviews with about 7 employees

Interview Questions

• whether I preferred quantitative or qualitative research, I have experience with both and enjoy both and it was difficult to gauge what skill they needed more for the position   Answer Question

Senior Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Falls Church, VA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

Submitted application online, contacted by United Health Group recruiter the next day to schedule initial 30 min phone interview. Went over the basic job description and responsibilities and whether my background was a good fit for the position. Second phone interview with someone from the division I was applying to, standard questions about resume/education background as well as quantitative and qualitative research experience. On-site interview consisted of writing assessment, lunch with current employee (analyst), and 4 interviews with different individuals from the team, each focusing on a specific area (quantitative, qualitative, consulting, education/background). Very friendly atmosphere in the office and the employees seemed very close to each other.

Interview Questions

• Sharing the most important/significant finding from one of my research projects and describing an ideal project I would like to work on in the future.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.