UnitedHealth Group Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

UnitedHealth Group Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone screen has a coding challenge. It's basic, basic coding. Simple select query, single join. Then C# code to parse a string, order it and return it. It's so basic I'm not sure how they differentiate between people.

You won't get any feedback or notification from the recruiter or even an automated email if you've moved on or not and no follow up afterwards. Continue to check the career website to see your status.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I was asked to do an interview video, and then somebody sent me an email asking me to code in VBA something. I asked to this girl what is the exactly role of that "Senior Software Engineer" because I don't see myself doing VBA for ever and the interview was only about VBA.
     Her answer (none) was very disrespectful because she completed ignored my questions, and what I said on the email.
    It look like UnitedHealth Group has 0 values for serious people, and its recruiter team needs to be polished.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied through a vendor, process took. Week,
    1.hacker rank test,
    2. Technical round( serialisatiin, oops, collections)
    2.technical round( ui, js, design patterns, some on paper coding)
    3.manager round(he just red the questions from the form that he got)

Then recruiter told you will have HR discussion on monday,

No call for 2 days,
    When i asked about status on 3 rd day , they told like you were not shortlisted by manager.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Cypress, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

A couple phone interviews and followed by a couple on site interviews. The process was probably the longer that I ever seen. However, the interviewers were very nice and they gave me an opportunity to ask them back a bunch of questions as well

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2008.

Interview

A recruiter sent me information about this company. This is for a consultant position for a software developer. The phone interview was pretty basic covering the usual background information about your previous positions and the technologies you've used. The face to face was a group interview. They just asked basic questions.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Long. Almost 2 months. Interview questions were mostly Background;Past projects;challenges faced;why this job?;Answers were related to Based upon experience. There were not too many technical questions. Mostly situation based. Probably they were pooling a list of potential candidates to match on their end. Advise : Keep looking as you don't know how big their pool of candidates could be or don't know how long the process might turn out.

Interview Questions

• Background;Past projects;challenges faced;why this job?;   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2015.

Interview

I went thru interview process conducted over phone by corporate Talent Acquisition recruiter. Do not be surprised, the interviewer may call you later than scheduled time and that instead of caller phone info you may read "Withheld". Instead of conversation, you may hear sequence of "dry" questions aligned with initial on-line questionnaire and job specification. At the end of the call, the interviewer may ask you to await for their feedback via email, and do not call back. If they forget to send you any feedback over two weeks, you supposed to send them reminder note. Not surprised? I am, a little.
    I will keep you posted with the process progress.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen (background Qs, coding test), followed by an in-person interview encompassing three brief, timed 15-minute coding tests in .Net, an interview with 2-3 other employees and a manager, and a whiteboard design question. The entire process lasted about two to three hours.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions encompassed basic .Net questions, like eliminating duplicate letters from a given string, manipulating elements in an array, and navigating a tree structure (online access to framework documentation is permitted).   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in India, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (India, TX (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

having good interview process with maximum four rounds of interview. After that will have the HR round.The round will be taken by the technical panel and will be very difficult. So if we not prepared then it is difficult to clear the interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed for Optum, at Austin
    Interview process-
    2 hours of online hacker rank questions- few basic java question followed by two algorithms
    One problem was pretty easy it was to do with some sum of numbers
    Other problem was based on shifting window problems algorithms with two sub window can be used dequeue data structure to solve the problem it was not that much complex

This was followed by webex calls with Manager and Architect both were very knowledgable person to speak with

Followed by on site interview, on site interview team is very unprofessional and immature. They have nothing to do with your skill set required to do the job or what they post on the requirement. I think they dont even bother to see.
    I was told about system design and java so mostly questions were around database design dont get confused yourself they will look for your skill for fault tolerant highly scalable system design, they will only look for database design better if you opt for sql data base
    I was asked to design the table for mint dot com, where one interviewer left at the middle of interview.

I opted for dynamo db and seems to be team is still exploring the dynamo db.

Next round was java questions
    I was not asked any java questions that you are supposed to ask as senior developer
    How to set path in java in windows system, while they use mac at their workspace
    Difference between abstract and interface
    Memory model of jvm, told about stack and heap
    Memoryout of flow exception, when it occurs
    What is diamond problem, rather question should be what happens if java allowed to extend multiple superclasses to extend from.
    Rest api, methods, but not which one you will use or how you will design and what are the codes what is resttemple or rest client -- they did ask POST, GET PUT methods basic definition
    Spring boot application was asked as object oriented design where i white boarded entire spring boot framework

At the end was offered lower position, after working as senior software engineer for more than a year in one of product company, what shall i put in my resume for my future career why did i accept software engineer role, here i felt this manager is acting like punk sorry for my language, but he did act weird during interview where he was talking all nonsense that he is chinese but he is more desi, why shall i care what you are what is your ethnicity , this reflects your biases towards certain region or ethnicity.

They did not even touch the area that they have described in their job descriptions.

If you feel i am not right candidate for the posted position, its better to reject rather than offering lower position, i could have accepted lower position if i had applied for higher position than my current role, so it would be same position.

Wasted my 7 hours of interview and 6 hours to drive to Austin.
    Other question which is very unrelevant is why UHG, because your recruiter reached out to me this was my answer.

I have read other reviews as well how they acted unprofessionally with other candidate.

More over they should know what SOA and Data Driven Architecture.

Suggestion: Bring some one more knowledgable for your java interview who can ask the question that is used in day to day java development or advance skill of java / rest/spring/aws

Team is building in cloud there was not single term on AWS for 4 hours of interview

I dont know how they deliver there product under such horrible manager.
    Such people decide fate of top rated fortune company.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.