UnitedHealth Group Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Find jobs for Senior Software Engineer

UnitedHealth Group Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at UnitedHealth Group

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed for Optum, at Austin
Interview process-
2 hours of online hacker rank questions- few basic java question followed by two algorithms
One problem was pretty easy it was to do with some sum of numbers
Other problem was based on shifting window problems algorithms with two sub window can be used dequeue data structure to solve the problem it was not that much complex

This was followed by webex calls with Manager and Architect both were very knowledgable person to speak with

Followed by on site interview, on site interview team is very unprofessional and immature. They have nothing to do with your skill set required to do the job or what they post on the requirement. I think they dont even bother to see.
I was told about system design and java so mostly questions were around database design dont get confused yourself they will look for your skill for fault tolerant highly scalable system design, they will only look for database design better if you opt for sql data base
I was asked to design the table for mint dot com, where one interviewer left at the middle of interview.

I opted for dynamo db and seems to be team is still exploring the dynamo db.

Next round was java questions
I was not asked any java questions that you are supposed to ask as senior developer
How to set path in java in windows system, while they use mac at their workspace
Difference between abstract and interface
Memory model of jvm, told about stack and heap
Memoryout of flow exception, when it occurs
What is diamond problem, rather question should be what happens if java allowed to extend multiple superclasses to extend from.
Rest api, methods, but not which one you will use or how you will design and what are the codes what is resttemple or rest client -- they did ask POST, GET PUT methods basic definition
Spring boot application was asked as object oriented design where i white boarded entire spring boot framework

At the end was offered lower position, after working as senior software engineer for more than a year in one of product company, what shall i put in my resume for my future career why did i accept software engineer role, here i felt this manager is acting like punk sorry for my language, but he did act weird during interview where he was talking all nonsense that he is chinese but he is more desi, why shall i care what you are what is your ethnicity , this reflects your biases towards certain region or ethnicity.

They did not even touch the area that they have described in their job descriptions.

If you feel i am not right candidate for the posted position, its better to reject rather than offering lower position, i could have accepted lower position if i had applied for higher position than my current role, so it would be same position.

Wasted my 7 hours of interview and 6 hours to drive to Austin.
Other question which is very unrelevant is why UHG, because your recruiter reached out to me this was my answer.

I have read other reviews as well how they acted unprofessionally with other candidate.

More over they should know what SOA and Data Driven Architecture.

Suggestion: Bring some one more knowledgable for your java interview who can ask the question that is used in day to day java development or advance skill of java / rest/spring/aws

Team is building in cloud there was not single term on AWS for 4 hours of interview

I dont know how they deliver there product under such horrible manager.
Such people decide fate of top rated fortune company.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for UnitedHealth Group

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cypress, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Cypress, CA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

A couple phone interviews and followed by a couple on site interviews. The process was probably the longer that I ever seen. However, the interviewers were very nice and they gave me an opportunity to ask them back a bunch of questions as well

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

I was asked to do an interview video, and then somebody sent me an email asking me to code in VBA something. I asked to this girl what is the exactly role of that "Senior Software Engineer" because I don't see myself doing VBA for ever and the interview was only about VBA.
     Her answer (none) was very disrespectful because she completed ignored my questions, and what I said on the email.
    It look like UnitedHealth Group has 0 values for serious people, and its recruiter team needs to be polished.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied through a vendor, process took. Week,
    1.hacker rank test,
    2. Technical round( serialisatiin, oops, collections)
    2.technical round( ui, js, design patterns, some on paper coding)
    3.manager round(he just red the questions from the form that he got)

Then recruiter told you will have HR discussion on monday,

No call for 2 days,
    When i asked about status on 3 rd day , they told like you were not shortlisted by manager.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minnetonka, MN (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Had one phone screen, and then was invited onsite to do a typical whiteboard coding session. That took about 2hrs and then was given an initial offer a few days after that.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Salt Lake City, UT (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

First Telephonic Interview with Engineering Manager, and Team Architect. Most questions asked were about previous work experience. Testing Technique. Importance of unit testing.

Fizbuzz Problem, SOLID Principle. Database Dessign. Stored Procedures

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Boston, MA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Long. Almost 2 months. Interview questions were mostly Background;Past projects;challenges faced;why this job?;Answers were related to Based upon experience. There were not too many technical questions. Mostly situation based. Probably they were pooling a list of potential candidates to match on their end. Advise : Keep looking as you don't know how big their pool of candidates could be or don't know how long the process might turn out.

Interview Questions

• Background;Past projects;challenges faced;why this job?;   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen (background Qs, coding test), followed by an in-person interview encompassing three brief, timed 15-minute coding tests in .Net, an interview with 2-3 other employees and a manager, and a whiteboard design question. The entire process lasted about two to three hours.

Interview Questions

• Coding questions encompassed basic .Net questions, like eliminating duplicate letters from a given string, manipulating elements in an array, and navigating a tree structure (online access to framework documentation is permitted).   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group in October 2015.

Interview

I went thru interview process conducted over phone by corporate Talent Acquisition recruiter. Do not be surprised, the interviewer may call you later than scheduled time and that instead of caller phone info you may read "Withheld". Instead of conversation, you may hear sequence of "dry" questions aligned with initial on-line questionnaire and job specification. At the end of the call, the interviewer may ask you to await for their feedback via email, and do not call back. If they forget to send you any feedback over two weeks, you supposed to send them reminder note. Not surprised? I am, a little.
    I will keep you posted with the process progress.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Windsor, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (East Windsor, NY (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Multi step interview process.
    First round was with HR , next with a technical team questions ranged from tell me anbout yourself to my skill set for a length of an hour , finally got to meet manager in person.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.