UnitedHealth Group Interview Questions in United States of America

Updated Oct 26, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2,963 of over 3,842.0 interviews

Employee Referral8%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

Video-heavy and no telephone discussions, particularly in light of the pandemic. Several rounds meeting with senior leadership which was expected. That’s really all that needs to be said on a GD platform

Interview Questions
  • **CANDIDATES, BEWARE!!!** The Interview process wasn't the issue; it was the UNFORGETTABLE offer experience at the end, when I was clearly the last candidate standing. A Fortune 10 - I repeat Fortune 10 - company who can easily afford to compensate top talent at market rate...couldn't even offer a competitive salary, or sign-on bonus, or 6-month review in lieu of bonus, or mgmt bonus until 2 YEARS down the road. In fact, this company couldn't - wouldn't - negotiate at all (what company worth their salt offers ANYONE a sophisticated position without expecting SOME kind of negotiation?) Their reason for being sooo hinky: "Internal Equity" issues. They blamed their inability to negotiate with candidates on their current workforce. To add insult to their own brand injury, the HR recruiter had the audacity to rebuke me for reaching out to the would-be HM to seek clarity on the very bizarre job offer email and non-negotiating. "You go through ME", they said. How odd, since the HM was the actual boss - NOT this unprofessional HR person who "thought" they were higher than the HM. I shared this shocking news with some career experts. Their response: "You were wise to RUN from that company". Shame on UHG for condoning such a horrible candidate experience. If you want to attract talent to find their "Life's Best Work", perhaps you should first pitch top candidates YOUR best offer package.
    Answer Question
101 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

The interviewer was over 45 minutes late & never showed up to the video interview. Writing this to disclose the complete unprofessionalism displayed. The interview was due to be held virtually thru Microsoft Teams. I joined 10 minutes early. I was still in the waiting room 10 minutes after the interview’s scheduled time . I went back to my email to ensure I had the right time. After 30 minutes, I called the Recruiter. His line went straight to voicemail. I left a message & even tried calling again. I followed up with an email as well. After 45 minutes and NO correspondence (still none 3 hours later btw), I left because my time is valuable. The fact that I made the move to be up and prompt for the interview, and no courtesy was given to inform me on why the hiring manager did not join the meeting is unacceptable. No longer interested in the company AT ALL.

14 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about UnitedHealth Group

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

I received a link to complete an online test. The test would buffer, skip and not acknowledge my key strokes. My internet speed was good so I don't know what caused the issue

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

Was long and drawn out. Was eventually not a good fit. I would not do it again if I had to. I don't fit into their corp structure. I don't know how much more I can say about the process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

I got a email for a video interview. They gave me practice questions and then I had a series of 3 questions that were timed. I had 1 minute to prepare and read the question and 3 mins to be recorded and answer the question. They also gave me 3 times to retry.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time your communication style was different than a coworkers and how did you get through it?
6 people found this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

Video Interview in which you are asked questions and given opportunity to practice several times before submitting your final video! This was a great way to interview and was very relaxing!

Interview Questions
  • How is your qualifications a great fit for the position you have applied for?
1 person found this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

1. Phone screening with the recruiter: The recruiter asked general behavior questions such as why are you applying for this job? Why are you leaving the current company/role? 2. Phone interview with the hiring manager: The hiring manager mostly asked me regarding the qualification and the skill-set. 3. Video interview with the hiring team: There are 4 interviewers including the hiring manager and they each asked about the current job/company such as what is the most like of the current company culture?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

UnitedHealth Group

Application

I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group

Interview

For such a seemingly established company, I was appalled by the lack of professionalism on all levels of this interview process. I applied online to the job listing with my resume. I got an email the next day with instructions to do a recorded video interview. Easy enough. After submitting that, I was emailed that I was selected for an interview with the HM. The email had me select a specific time slot for my interview (10AM PST) and I got a confirmation email for this time slot. Later in the day after getting this confirmation, a recruiter called me telling me that the HM is unavailable at that time and that I had to choose a different time. However, the entire call, she really did not offer me any alternative time frames and just seemed frazzled and kept saying "hold on" until I had no choice but to say "well is your HM available at 11? What about 12? Maybe earlier?" This recruiter was VERY clearly working from home, as I could hear a rooster(?) SCREECHING (literally deafening) on the phone. I really cannot make this stuff up. I had to put my phone on speaker because it was so terrible. The recruiter apologized for the noise, but that didn't really do much. After finally figuring out a new time that allegedly worked for the HM, I got a new confirmation email with the link to my conference call for the interview. The recruiter then stressed to me the importance of showing up for my interview. They basically said that scheduling is such a tough issue with interviews and this HM is a busy person so it's crucial I show up, etc. if I want to move forward with the hiring process. Come interview time, I logged into the conference call from my computer and then phone and was ghosted. My interview was confirmed for 8-8:30 PST and I sat there until 8:40 until I finally gave up and logged off. I saw on Glassdoor that other people had the same experience and I can confirm. Super disappointing, but I can't say I'm surprised after reading other reviews. Steer clear if you can! UHG needs to get their hiring process/contracted hiring agency under control because it is painfully unprofessional and scattered. (side note, this job was advertised as being a well-compensating job with competitive pay...only to be told on the initial self-recorded video interview that the pay was $17 per hour - FAR less than the job listing suggested)

Interview Questions
  • basic interview questions on the self-recorded video interview
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Reading, PA) in Oct 2021

Interview

Simple, Remote, video interview recording self then zoom interview. The recordings were nice and gave me 3 attempts to answer (HireVue) the zoom interview was nice the supervisor that interviewed me was very professional but still down to earth. I was contacted again for the position but I declined too many strict guidelines and only a 30min lunch lol

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at UnitedHealth Group (Minneapolis, MN) in Oct 2021

Interview

Received an email recommending that I apply for a job. Applied. Received text messages from a phone screener for a job. Then received an email with link to follow up on disability, veteran status etc...Phone screening time set up via text messages. Received phone call for the 15 minute screening call..

Interview Questions
  • First Q: What is the absolute lowest salary you would accept to consider this job?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,963 Interviews