University of British Columbia Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 17 Apr 2019

2.6

Sort:

Laboratory Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 3 scientist. I was asked a series of technical questions related to the research project. I was asked to give a detailed explanation of PCR, qPCR etc.. The usual behavioral questions were also brought up...give an example of a challenge you overcame etc.. Fairly easy overall.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a mistake that you made and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Another job offer was more appealing.

Peer Mentor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Kelowna, BC (Canada)) in May 2011.

Interview

After applied, I recieved an email to have a face to face interview. As I was out of the country they accomodated a Skype interview. Questions were pretty straight forward, behavioral and non technical. Super relaxed.

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I was contacted a few days after the closing date, and asked to interview the next week. Interview was run by four employees, taking turns asking questions, and lasted approximately 90 minutes. Most questions were very specific, but all related to the skills and duties that would be required in the role. I found them to be very fair.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

I actually did not apply for this role directly through some formal process. I just spoke to my professor after class if he had any available positions that I could fill in for him. He was happy with my performance in class and offered me a part-time position on the spot.

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was approximately one hour in length and there were 4 individuals evaluating me. Mostly classic behavioural questions required you give an example when you were in a specific situation and the reaction you took and what the outcome was. Along with some technical questions. Also discussed job conditions and general requirements

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of you handled difficult individuals?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia in August 2014.

Interview

Initially I applied for a different position within the University and was referred to this position as it would be a better fit for my experiences and skills. Was contacted by the manager and asked to come in for an informational interview (guessing that my previous 2 interviews with the other position was seen as a good initial screening). After the information interview, was contacted by email two days later to schedule a second interview with inbasket testing. The second interview felt very relaxed and the team members that interviewed me were very easy to talk to and I felt very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• There were no exceptionally difficult questions here. I always have difficulty with the "tell me about yourself" question but I seemed to impress them with my answer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was expecting to have to negotiate my wage and vacation time but found that what I was offered was well above what I was hoping for through negotiating.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone screening, second extensive interview with behavioural based questions, scenario questions and a presentation. 3 panelists. The interview was about 2 hours long and there were a lot of probing questions. Second phone conversation to discuss more about the job before the decision was made.

Overall, the interview was tough but fair and gave a good chance to get to know the interviewers and share my vision and personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to work with stakeholders on a project. How did you identify the stakeholders and get them on side to achieve the goal?   Answer Question

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

Panel interview followed by an hour long test.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of British Columbia.

Interview

a lot of questions about everything ranging from how the internet works to what you should do when your boss asks for something impossible

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at University of British Columbia (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2008.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews - one to two week lag in communication between rounds.
    Questions are more situational than technical.

Interview Questions

• Networking concepts and specific Q&A including TCP/IP and OSI reference models comparison.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation room.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.