University of California Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

University of California Interview Questions

Updated 12 Oct 2017

2.6

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview was short. About 15-20 minutes long. They ask you common sense questions and some personality type questions. They usually take very extraverted people so as long as you are a people-person and can speak well, you're good to go. If you apply for cashier, they'll quickly and randomly throw you one small arithmetic question.

SASC Tutor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of California.

Interview

You have to prepare a session on any topic or you can choose from given topics. You are in a room with three other applicants and the person holding the session. Then, you teach about any topic for a few minutes, as if you were tutoring someone. They tell you a little "how-to" beforehand. As long as you are interactive and remember their tips, it should be easy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of California.

Interview

Some interviews were interested in my skills others were interested in my personality. Overall they seemed very focused on advancing my career as well as finding a good fit for their research team.

Assistant Art Museum Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of California (Memphis, TN (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had multiple hour long conversations and tours with different members of the museum staff and campus communities over the course of a day. Interview also included a with the committee.

Event Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of California (Santa Monica, CA (US)).

Interview

Was called without warning for a phone screening interview by the supervisor for this position. We had a brief conversation with two questions, then I was asked to schedule an in-person interview. Second interview was fairly standard, though I was warned towards the end that working with the Executive Director can be very frustrating and difficult at times. I was then asked to schedule a final interview (with pre-interview Administrative test). At the final interview, I took the admin test first and was asked to leave when I missed 2-3 errors on a proofreading test with 40 or so errors total. The Executive Director would not meet with me, though I was previously told this test was a formality. A candidate with twice the experience requested was turned away because of a few missed errors on a proofreading test. Overall, an exceptionally callous and short-sighted way to treat prospective employees. My brief glimpse of the organization tells me this is likely quite a difficult and tedious environment in which to work.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would handle various problematic scenarios around event management.   Answer Question

Cooperative Extension Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanford, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California (Hanford, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

4 steps in 4 hours (8 a.m. - noon). 1) 20 minute presentation about a program I would develop to address a need in the community 2) Formal interview 3) Tour of Facility and Meet County Directors 4) 30 minute timed writing assignment

Interview Questions

• What is sustainable agriculture?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of California (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online, received a call to schedule the interview within a week. The interview lasted approximately 20 minutes. The questions were pretty basic since it was an entry level job. The questions focused on usual things like obstacles you've faced at work, conflicts with other employees, and why you want to work at that particular place.

Interview Questions

• What is one obstacle that you've faced in a previous work environment and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Davis, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at University of California (Davis, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

Overly complicated, yet informal. Seems to be up to individual departments, not standardized. You may reach out directly to principle investigators/faculty members and express your interest in their lab.

Interview Questions

• I was mainly asked to contribute to developing ideas for and writing a grant proposal that would cover my salary. This will obviously be dependent on your area of expertise, and you should research the lab ahead of time and be prepared to contribute to their specific projects.   Answer Question

Accountant Affiliate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of California (Riverside, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

First interview was a panel, 4 individuals, one manager, lead from our department, a general accounting representative and an individual from Human Resourses in December of 2015. The second interview was conducted because our returning supervisor came back so a second interview was conducted to include the second candidate for the position. Another set of interview was conducted for several other candidates, I did suspect that my former supervisor upon her return was given specific instructions as to what candidate should be picked for the position in line with the requirements needed to fulfill the requirements of the new open position.

Interview Questions

• It was a structured question and something related to inter personal relations with your co-worker or supervisor.   1 Answer

Fellowship, Postdoctoral Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of California (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

Send application directly to professors of interest. The professor/department will recruit by inviting applicant to visit the laboratory facilities and meet others in the department. Candidates are usually required to give a 1 hour seminar talk, describing past research, techniques.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give a 1 hour seminar talk on past research   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is room for negotiation, however salaries are standardized by the NIH, depending on your field of study. Post-doctoral research can be long hours, but it is flexible.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.