University of Iowa Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

University of Iowa Interview Questions

Interviews at University of Iowa

2.4

Resident Assistant Interview

Interview

It was very long! You really have to know yourself to make it through this interview. Continue to talk about what you're passionate about. You don't need to know everything about the job to get it.

Interview Questions

• How would you prioritize a friend calling you versus the duty phone ringing?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Iowa.

Interview

Interview with two of the associate vice presidents and included a presentation on some aspect of life at the University of Iowa. The topic was up to you and you were told ahead of time so you were able to appropriately prepare for a speech.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced conflict in the workplace.   Answer Question

Prefer Not to Answer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA (US)

Interview

Had multiple interviews, they were never one on one. In my experience, at least two people interview you. Can be intimidating but it's nice to have a mix of personalities and questions. It takes a while to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Experience, organization skills, and examples of how well you work with people   Answer Question

Interview

It was about a 30 minute interview with the project leads and then another interview with the department head that was about 45 minutes after the project leads passed my name along

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself in three words   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Iowa.

Interview

They asked me some very nice and simple questions, they were also nice during the interview. About ten questions, all of them were behavioral, they understood that some students never worked before

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of Iowa.

Interview

I was brought in after my resume was reviewed and given a tour immediately. The maintenance planner and plant manager held my interview and I also met the operators as well during the day. It was quick and easy and ended with an offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Iowa.

Interview

Very laid back. The interviewers wanted to truly get a look at your personality and how you would work in a team environment. It was in a small conference room with two managers.

Graduate Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Straight forward, great people, the interview was more of a formality because I basically already had the job beforehand. Emphasized the idea that, because I was still a student, if I needed time off I just had to communicate with them and they would accommodate.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of Iowa.

Interview

I had an Skype interview. It was about my reseach contributions. I presented summary of my research. Then, I asked computational resources I can use. The interview took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• What's your reseach topic; what is your short term goal; what is your long term goal   Answer Question

Research Assistantship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at University of Iowa (Iowa City, IA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The interview was about my educational background, personal background and any relevant research experience in the field. The interviewer told me about the kind of experience that is required for an RA like carrying out research on funded projects, publishing research work and supplementing it with a balanced approach.

Interview Questions

• Mostly, explain your grades. What is your motivation? Why did you do so many entrepreneurship projects during your BS?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.