University of Leicester Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.9

Sort:

Administrative Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted via Skype as I was not in a near distance. There was a panel of three persons and all were very welcoming and polite. The weird thing is that they contacted my referees before the interview -what a strange practice... Anyway, It was unfortunate that the sound was not particularly clear but at the end I was informed that their decision was ultimately down to who had the most relevant experience for the post, and their preferred candidate had more experience in the field, etc.

Interview Questions

• The interview was competency based drawing on my past experience.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

informal, because the position is only provided for PhD students in the department. After submitting CV, the recruitment panel, including an administration and an academic staffs, asked basic questions. After a week, the department will let you know the outcome.

Interview Questions

• why you applied for this job? Give a short presentation to explain an economic notation.   Answer Question

Animal Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview by the team leader of the Central Research Facility and another member of the animal technician team. Was instantly helped with feeling at ease with the process. The interview was broken down into several sections including Commercial Awareness, Skills and Competencies etc. Alot of the skills questions were very STAR orientated, requiring examples from previous work experience. Each person took turns asking me questions relevant to their area. Afterwards, was taken for a very insightful tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• What are your views on animal testing?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you found communication difficult?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time where you had to work within a team? -   1 Answer
    • What positions of responsibility have you held?   1 Answer

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

There are two stages, the first is applying through your CV and then this is followed by an assessment centre. Group work preparing and presenting presentations constituted the entirety of it for me.

Interview Questions

• For a presentation: Do a presentation on why it is good to apply to the University   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

The general atmosphere was politely hostile. The panel was more interested to show off than to understand the real potential of the candidates. I don’t have to say that before starting my interview I assisted to the very warm welcome directed to one of the other candidates (technically not an internal candidate but very well-known to the panel). I don’t want to know who finally got the job, but for me it was a total waste of time. These situations discourage even the most well-intentioned candidates.

Research Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by skype. The interview was done me versus three professors. My PI and two professors, from two different departments to test my technical skills. It was around 90 minutes, and they asked me about my background and technical questions about what I would solve some specific problems. At the end I asked questions about the position that I had applied.

Interview Questions

• How i would been able to model network neuronal dynamics.   Answer Question

GTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

I ve sent a research proposal. Then I learned that I was shrtlistd.
    On the same day I had to give a presentation about my reasearch plan and after that a personal interview.

Professional Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied for new job a grade higher than mine: 8 rather than 7 now with more project and person managerial responsibility. Interview felt fair and reasonable and someone else got job due to more experience having done similar.

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of Leicester in April 2009.

Interview

- Online application form with research interests form - must include two academic references.
    - Interviews usually take place in two batches ("Open Opportunity" days)
    - Usually ~15 people per day for whole of Physics Dept.
    - Interviews carried out by 2 members of staff, usually the person who is offering to supervise an individual project and one additional academic.
    - May have more than one interview depending on the number of projects you are interested in.
    - In the interview, they will want to know about your Masters' research project, and may test your general physics knowledge (depends on interviewer). The project offered will be explained in more detail.
    - In preparation for the interview, it's a good idea to do some background research into the subject area of the project.
    - Don't be afraid to apply after the deadline - you may be offered an interview at a later date, especially if a project is still available.

Interview Questions

• Derivation of the Earth's surface temperature, including any assumptions you make.   Answer Question

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of Leicester (Leicester, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Application form on the university of leicester careers page with typical questions about personal details, work experience, academic results etc etc. Didnt take very long. Then was invited to the interview with three members of staff which each took it in turns to ask questions related to their stream (Lab leader, technician, general science questions.)

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.