University of the West of England Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

University of the West of England Interview Questions

Interviews at University of the West of England

2.7

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at University of the West of England.

Interview

There was a phone interview and then an in office one. This was about 30 minutes and included performing a small task. It was quite good fun and was great to get a feel of the course.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of the West of England.

Interview

First step was pretty straightforward. Inital phone conversations with HR , talk about current experiences, your motivation, why this role, why UWE. Remember to ask feedback at the end of presentation Next step is interviewing with team member

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of the West of England.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 people who were in the direct management of the applied position. They asked relevant questions towards the applied job position and there were no complicated questions to trick you over.

IT Security Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of the West of England.

Interview

Initial online form, including fields to address essential requirements for the role.

For the interview, I was asked to prepare and present a 10 minute presentation. The brief provided was just the title and I couldn't find any extra context, so it turned out I had misinterpreted the second part, which is a little frustrating.

Interview was with a panel of four, first the presentation, then questions, with a short time after for my questions.

I received a call the following morning from one of the interviewers, to tell me they had selected a candidate and I had been unsuccessful. They then spent around 10 minutes providing feedback on my performance.

Apart from the lack of context for the presentation, a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How have you convinced a non IT security focused colleague or friend to improve their own security posture?   Answer Question
    • What vulnerability poses the greatest risk to an organisation?   Answer Question

Conversion Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at University of the West of England (Bristol, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

I applied online. Got an interview within 2.5 weeks and had 1.5 weeks to prepare for 10 ,im presentation and panel interview. There were 3 members of the panel-Conversion Manager, International Officer, International University recruiter. Questions involved how to convert enquiries to applicants, recruitment and international students.
    Feed was great. I fell short on not elaborating on my experiences and skills as the interview was based on question scoring.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage to keep up-dated with the relevant knowledge of the market?   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of the West of England.

Interview

By the book. 15 minute presentation followed by 30 mins of questions. The presentation was extremely specific and academic. The questions were very operational and general. There was a sense that they were looking for an answer to a problem which they had rather than trying to fill the advertised post - which was broader than the interview accounted for.

Interview Questions

• How do you motivate other people?   1 Answer

Corporate Communications Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of the West of England.

Interview

A short written test followed by a straightforward competency-based interview. There were three interviewers and all asked two questions. It was a very quick decision afterwards (the next day) and good, honest feedback.

Interview Questions

• When have you gone out of your way to help a customer?   1 Answer

Student Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at University of the West of England (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Just have to attend sessions and sign up. You’ll be invited to attend some training then go through the job and discuss how salary and timeline would work. Not really an interview as it’s all about you and if you want to do it

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of the West of England (Bristol, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Had to prepare several pre-interview tasks including preparing a digital artefact and 1-page synthesis.

Actual interview was a 20-minute facilitation mock exercise with 16 people, who all very friendly and made it easy to present. Interview panel was 4 senior managers and they asked the usual ‘why work here’ types of questions. Although I did not get the job, one of the managers called me that afternoon to give feedback and it was probably one of the best feedback conversations I have ever had anywhere. HR also was very efficient with expenses reimbursement. Very organised.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job. Why do you want to work here. How to you communicate in a matrix scenario.   Answer Question

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of the West of England (Bristol, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

One on one interview. Left portfolios in studio to be looked over meanwhile we were shown around facilities. The interview itself was very chatty and the tutor interviewing me made me feel very comfortable. Asked some questions about my work and interests and why I wanted to come to bristol.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.