University of the West of England Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 27 Jan 2019

2.8

Sort:

Associate Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of the West of England (Bristol, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

Had to prepare several pre-interview tasks including preparing a digital artefact and 1-page synthesis.

Actual interview was a 20-minute facilitation mock exercise with 16 people, who all very friendly and made it easy to present. Interview panel was 4 senior managers and they asked the usual ‘why work here’ types of questions. Although I did not get the job, one of the managers called me that afternoon to give feedback and it was probably one of the best feedback conversations I have ever had anywhere. HR also was very efficient with expenses reimbursement. Very organised.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job. Why do you want to work here. How to you communicate in a matrix scenario.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at University of the West of England (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2010.

Interview

By an agent in home country.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hard.

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at University of the West of England.

Interview

Easy and quick. Started by online application. One and final panel interview. All questions were about administrative and customer service roles. All in all easy and freindly interview.
    How will i prioritise my day to day work.

Negotiation

none

Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at University of the West of England (Bristol, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

One on one interview. Left portfolios in studio to be looked over meanwhile we were shown around facilities. The interview itself was very chatty and the tutor interviewing me made me feel very comfortable. Asked some questions about my work and interests and why I wanted to come to bristol.

International Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melaka (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of the West of England (Melaka (Malaysia)) in August 2015.

Interview

I got a phone interview with the GM and was asked several questions and immediately told that I will be sent an email to carry out an assessment. He was very straight-forward and wanted me to be concise and precise with my answers judging from the tone and annotation. He asked relevant questions related to the role and how I think I would fit the role.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is needed to be successful in sales?   1 Answer

Research Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at University of the West of England (Bristol, England (UK)) in June 2013.

Interview

Presentation and interview with panel of four. Questions were job specific about the approach I suggested. Interviewers were friendly. Not as daunting as I had feared. They were very interested in research publications

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about the research approach   1 Answer

Corporate Communications Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at University of the West of England.

Interview

A short written test followed by a straightforward competency-based interview. There were three interviewers and all asked two questions. It was a very quick decision afterwards (the next day) and good, honest feedback.

Interview Questions

• When have you gone out of your way to help a customer?   1 Answer

Student Ambassador Summer School Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at University of the West of England (Bristol, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

Application only sent out to existing student ambassadors. This was an application for the summer school events which occur during June and July.
    No interview, only a written application form.

Interview Questions

• If you discovered a group of guest pupils on campus with some alcohol in their flat, how would you deal with the situation? (bearing in mind the pupils visiting campus are under age)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, they knew me well.

Room Management Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at University of the West of England (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

- Actually the job is part time and it requires you about the physical condition. Indeed, you need to arrange the furniture. And filling the information about the current situation of the room. It was quite easy but you have to repeat the whole process every time you for a new room.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe the suitable physical condition to do the job?   Answer Question

Future Students Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at University of the West of England (Bristol, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

This was a process based on skills and experience based questions, with a customer role focus. Looking at your ability to manage tricky situations, your interest in education and the institution and your ability to problem solve and offer valued customer service.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.