VMware Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at VMware (Pune) in August 2019.

Interview

the hiring process took three steps
    1.first step was aptitude test consisting of essay writing and programming multiple choice questions.
    2.second step was technical interview in which questions related your resume was asked.
    3.third one was the HR interview which was very simple round.

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at VMware (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

30 min introduction call, was smooth and helpful to better understand the role objectives and how one could align. They do well at prepping you before with an outline

Interview Questions

• Describe current role, what are you looking for, sales experience   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

They scheduled a telephonic interview. Them Rescheduled that stating non availability of the panel. In second time, I waited for 15min in the call but nobody joined. Didn't get any response from recruiter also.
    Please respect the time given by the candidates from there schedules.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware in March 2020.

Interview

Due to COVID-19, it was all virtual. The interview process was supposed to be on campus but they made it work with Zoom.
    I found out about the position through a club I belong to on school; the club sent out an email linking to the application and a Google survey. Received an invitation from the recruiter via email for an info session about the company a few days later.
    An info session was held two days before the interview date. Then you were scheduled for two back-to-back interviews with two different team members on the day of the interview. First interview was talking about your experiences and verifying information such as graduation date. Second interview was the coding interview. Both were done through Zoom.
    The recruiter that I corresponded to during the entire process worked pretty fast; I received my offer a few hours after the interviews despite the info session saying the results will be emailed next week and got everything signed four days later.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

The process was repetitive. Many steps were the same. I had multiple people asking me the same yes or no questions. My interviewer had been with the company less than 2 weeks and could not tell me much about the company. She was woefully unprepared, running late, somewhat rude. She interrupted my answers multiple times. I was asked questions that were geared towards another internship.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with missing data?   2 Answers

SWE Interview

Interview

Went over resume in some detail and they inquired me about the ways in case of crisis and service malfunctioning. Wanted to know whether I had experience coding at a real corporation.

Interview Questions

• Traversing the BST
      Questions about using AWS services   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Interviewers were nice, asked a lot from my resume experience in depth. Asked me to explain my project in depth. Questions were from leetcode medium level. There were 4 rounds. 2 of them were coding and one was project design explanation. Over a good experience

Interview Questions

• 1. Pascals Triangle
      2. Minimum Squares sum up to a number   1 Answer

Product Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me after I applied online. I had an online portfolio review and later was invited onsite to give 4 rounds of interview - 1 design challenge, two 1:1 interviews, and a portfolio review

Interview Questions

• Mostly the design processes and the rationale behind design decisions   1 Answer

Staff Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial phone interview by a Director
    Onsite interview by one director, two senior directors, one staff technical program manager, one program manager.
    Took weeks after the onsite interview to hear back from the recruiter with the results.

Interview Questions

• All the directors had a lot of basic questions about agile methodology and implementation. I felt that I was giving them an agile 101 crash course.
      The program manager told me he was the only person who reported to the director hiring manager. Most of the 45 minutes he was venting and telling me how bad VMware was! For example yearly layoffs that just happened, cutting the budget because of Dell tightening and that employees work from whom a lot including the hiring manager. He seemed worn out, agitated and was burping loud every two minutes!! It was very unusual how he was trying to discourage me to join the team. That told me something about the culture of the company.
      The recruiter sent me an email weeks after the onsite interview while I have already started a new job with another company and told me they have selected another candidates.   Answer Question

Senior Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I had several interviews with various management and future coworkers over the phone. As this was a pre-sales role, I was asked to create a presentation and review that presentation onsite in Texas. I was flown there and presented. It went well, just a really long day as I traveled from many states away then back in the same day.

EUC Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at VMware.

Interview

15-minute phone interview with Recruiter, 30-minute phone interview with manager, 30-minute phone interview with another manager, on-site interview(2 hours, interviewed with 3 people on team and managers from previous interviews)

Interview Questions

• Challenge you faced, How'd you overcome it, What did you learn   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.