VMware Interview Questions

Updated 29 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,862 of over 1.9K interviews

Recruiter21%
Employee Referral21%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore)

Interview

I will be very frank in this review. Recently I got interviewed at Vmware for SMTS position. I had in total 6 rounds of technical interview. In all the rounds interviewers mainly focused on following areas : Multithreading (Scheduler, Pub Sub pattern etc.) , Datastructures and Algorithms, Problem solving capabilities and core programming concepts. I must say all rounds went well and Had really good discussion. Howsoever the questions were, I enjoyed answering them. Now, I don't understand one single point. Why do these Hr's, who are so polite before you start the interview process, immediately start ghosting you after you are done with interviews ? I mean seriously Why ? Is it really required ? I mean, They don't even bother to give you any kind of feedback and neither bother to reach you out to you or at least reply to you. Why? Haven't we both invested our time in this whole process ? Doesn't candidate deserve to know what happened ? Or is this in culture to not respect people as humans ? No wonder why people don't respect HR once they are on-boarded. I really don't care and have never cared whether i get selected or rejected, but what I have always cared about is feedback. I have no shame in admitting that i was not selected in Amazon once, but what I liked about them is they came back to say that they can't hire me and provided a proper feedback. That's where a company makes an impression. But these guys. Ahhh. I was reading about these things happening in other reviews but was not sure to believe them. But now I believe them. Improvement area : Though I have no complains from interviewers but one thing I want to say, whenever you are asking your candidate to turn on his camera please make sure that you are turning on your camera as well, Or either extend your apology if by any reason you can't turn it on. Otherwise It sounds really very rude and disrespecting when this happens. And in Vmware, It happened in all the rounds . No one even cared to turn on their camera. Not even manager. Advice: Try to train your interviewers to try and find out the strengths that any candidate possess, instead of spending time in finding out their weakness. It would really help VMWare in long run and would definitely improve the working environment in Bangalore office, that I can see in all the reviews, is a mess right now. "Its never a rotten Farm, There are always a few bad apples, giving the impression that the whole Farm is rotten"

Interview Questions
  • - Some DS questions (medium level) - Lots of Multithreading questions (Create a Task Manager, Create a Scheduler, Implement Producer consumer, How async await works internally, what is Context synchronization, ConfigureAwait, and few other Multithreading scenarios) - Javascript core concepts, SQL query, Design API Throttling, Design your own PUB SUB Pattern - Few core programming language concepts, like finding output, improving code implementation, finding issues in code, etc.
    Answer Question
16 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Missouri City, TX

Application

I interviewed at VMware (Missouri City, TX)

Interview

Applied and about an hour later, got a rejection email. Not only do I have about 10 yrs of experience in recruiting, but a good ATS system would send a reject email at least one to two business days after an application….not an hour after. What a mess!

1 person found this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware

Interview

There were three rounds were held starting off with GD, Technical and Managerial Interview. It went good but i have seen some bad reviews about the company on google.

Interview Questions
  • About yourself like a basic self intro and some technical questions

VMware

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware

Interview

Neither the recruitment team nor the hiring manager knows the expectation from the position. First thing the recruitment team does is, negotiate penny to penny on compensation before debriefing the role to the candidate. The Hiring Manager is very unprofessional he keeps postponing the interview slots many times and he joins the interview session after 10 mins with no apologies. Once the interview is done I have been informed they would like to take this to the next level and then after 3 weeks I am hearing they have decided to go with another candidate. This is extremely unprofessional. The recruitment team is very rude in their conversation with candidate as if they are doing a favor to the candidate by talking to them.

Interview Questions
  • Recruitment team: Can you agree to take this position up with 30K less base and we do not give any sign-on bonus. Hiring Manager: From your resume I have seen you have a wide range of experience which is really good. I am not sure where we can fit you. Do you have any suggestion? Apart from that there are some basic technical questions, the hiring manager also does not have any idea on what to ask because he was not goo in technical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wheat Ridge, CO

Application

I interviewed at VMware (Wheat Ridge, CO)

Interview

First of all, VMWare’s HR organization was absolutely world-class throughout this process. They were helpful, timely and communicative at a level beyond the stratosphere of other organizations I have interviewed with during my search. The good stopped there unfortunately, as the interview process with the team itself was an absolute cluster. Between the posted job description, the interpretation from the hiring manager and the awkwardly corrected job description from the VP, it felt like I was applying for three separate jobs and it was clear that absolutely nobody was on the same page regarding what they were looking for in this position. I sealed my fate when I (mistakenly) used my experience with the hiring manager to prepare for future conversations, only to be constantly putting my foot in my mouth because the story of the role had shifted. When I was passed on for the final round I got a courtesy call from the primary recruiter (another rarity in this day and age) and was provided with feedback about how the process went. Half of the reason I was passed on hit squarely on my known weakness which I was expecting to be my downfall. The other half was a comment about the clarity of my vision on a specific topic, when that topic was only the focus of one single question with one individual interviewer over the course of 4 hours of conversations with 4 different people. My takeaway from this process is that VMWare is a great company with a phenomenal HR Department, but I honestly think I dodged a huge bullet by getting passed over for a role on a team with poor alignment/communication, minimal vision, and a clear “we do technology for technology’s sake” mindset.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to learn a new technology quickly (this was asked in 3 of 4 interviews)

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

First interview is with HR. Second technical interview is mostly UI and WEB related. Third technical interview is mostly Backend (Java). Last (fourth) interview is with the manager of the team and a second manager from another team.

Interview Questions
  • Data Structures - Stack, Queue, ArrayList, LinkedList, HashMap Algorithms - simple complexities Mutability, equals, hashcode, etc

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (London, England, England)

Interview

Quick and Simple since I was applying for an internship role during the course of university studies in the UK (PLacement year). Applied once and got rejected (w/o) interview then applied again and got through

Interview Questions
  • Situational based questions based on skills and competencies/Conversational chat too

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

Applying through website HR interview Technical interview interview with the manager easy process and flexible you just need to be prepared well for the technical topics that they will ask you about

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

VMware

Application

I interviewed at VMware

Interview

Two rounds coding interview for C++. Each interview lasts for 45 minutes. The code pair uses hackerrank. Then a phone call by manager. Testing for arrays and strings. Interviewers are friendly.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at VMware (Bangalore) in Jul 2021

Interview

Interview went well & it was effective. Technical strong questions were asked. Interviewers were friendly & understandable. 2 rounds of technical rounds went well & finally felt happy when got selected.

Interview Questions
  • Sap working procedures, excel shortcuts, ERP working procedures
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,862 Interviews