VMware Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

VMware Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview Questions

Interviews at VMware

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied for an Automation QA role. It was a 3 week interview process. I was referred by an employee.
1. Hiring Manager phone call - general experience questions
2. Coding Interview - On hacker-rank. you will be given a question and ask to execute the code and get the correct result. so main/driver function would also need to be written.
3. Onsite Interview - 5 rounds of an hour each, wrapped up in a single day. Mostly around programming and experience.

Interview Questions

• 1. Coding interview on hacker rank - Reverse a string using linked list
    2. Onsite - Print all pairs in an array that sum up to a given value
          Prime Numbers   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for VMware

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at VMware (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

1. contact from hr
    2. phone screen
    3. on site interview
    4. HR follow up
    5. Offer
    6. Negotiate
    7. Accept
    8. Document stuff
    The whole process is pretty quick and smooth. I can tell did well as the hiring manager came out as scheduled to greet me and provide feedback right away. Offer came the second day.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

good and lot of technical interview questions standard lists, allocation, tries etc. Clustering, qos, coding and multithreading synchronization, dynamic programming etc etc. Emphazie on design questions. Lot of puzzles. Math formulas and scientific formulas

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

Interview process was quite smooth and they were happy to schedule the interview as per my availability.
    received the call from hiring manager itself (even before hr) and got the first round scheduled.
    In total 5 interviews talking about technical concepts to design questions and even some hands on little bit. overall good experience.

Interview Questions

• can't write the full question, being too long, but it all boils down to finding path in a tree and using it in another tree.
      merging, sorting etc,
      some practical js/css questions,
      some java inheritance overloading/overriding questions,
      most of the questions were js fundamentals..   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at VMware (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

3 rounds of on-site interviews, they focus on algorithms very much, and also the concept to design software. There is a very important interview with a global architect, he has a simple question about software design first, based on your answers, he dive deep with you

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

The recruiter sent a link for the Hacker Rank challenge with two coding and few multiple choice questions. After reviewing the results I was called to an onsite interview. There were four 45 minutes interview: 3 coding and 1 design round. There were some question related to networking and OS fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• Q: Design an elevator system.
      Q: Given an array of positive integers, determine if there are consecutive numbers in the array that can be summed up to a target value.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)).

Interview

1. Telephonic interview, followed by onsite interview by 5 people
    2. During on-site interview 3 out 5 interviewer asked programming questions, on white board
    3. 2 senior management member took the interview, asking current and future road map questions
    4. The offer came in 2 days after the onsite
    5. Recruiter was very sharp and highly skilled in negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website and hr had discussed about my experience and after few months later recruiter had came up with some requirement. Initial round was Hacker rank program with 90 minutes and after went through that another phone interview round on hacker rank again.

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at VMware (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

This is what I went through-
    1.Recruiter reaches out and sends you a hackerrank invite
    2. 1hr 40 min on Hackerrank, 2 coding questions on Algo & DS. Did great , got the max score
    3. Another technical phone screen with Vmware interviewer on hackerrank. Coding on the tool which interviewer can see. 30 min 2 coding questions. All of which focus on how well you know JAVA and built in functions. All that is cared is you know JAVA

Advice - Cram JAVA and built in methods

Interview Questions

• Basic JAVA operations , file processing, reading , regularEx, Datatype conversions. In short things that you don't use on a day to day basis   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at VMware (Palo Alto, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

This was an agile interview process. One of the recruiters connected with me on LinkedIn and explained about the team and what they have to offer and tried to see if I was interested.
    I expressed interest and had a call with her.

The next step was an online coding challenge at HackerRank consisting of 5 problems that needed to be solved within 1 hour 45 minutes. I solved 3 of them completely and the 4th one was marginally correct with few test cases failing. I didn't have time for the last problem.

After evaluating the team wanted to interview me at their office and invited me over. I was told that the interview will be agile and the feedback will be cumulative, with about 4 rounds. After each round of 45 minutes, the interviewer will discuss the feedback with other interviewers for about 15 minutes and they would take the decision whether to interview for the next round then and there.

I had 3 rounds and was told that they thought the skils don't completely match after the 3rd round.
    The questions involved lots of coding on the whiteboard, the first two rounds were totally whiteboarding. In the 3rd round the discussion was around my experience and design.

Interview Questions

• Given a dependency matrix, find all the dependencies for a given set of inputs.
      Given a directory structure, read all the filenames.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.