Valero Energy Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Valero Energy Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Valero Energy

2.0

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

I was contacted by HR the morning after submitting an application online, and a phone interview was scheduled for the following week with the hiring manager. I was contacted a couple of days after the phone interview in order to schedule an on-site. The on-site was a thirty minute interview where about five people asked you generic behavioral questions. It was very impersonal and rehearsed. No plant tour was offered. I was taken to lunch where I had to be polite during some very inappropriate conversation. I have always felt confident and relaxed during the interview process, but this was extremely unpleasant. One of the interviewers was discussing some fairly vulgar things to the point that I would not feel safe working with this person. I have talked about this interview with other people who are hiring managers and engineers, and they also voiced their concerns about how inappropriate and unprofessional it was. I removed my application from consideration due to the negative experience. I was told I would be contacted for a final decision within a week, but even after removing my application, they still contacted me about two months later to tell me I did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Valero Energy

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Valero Energy.

Interview

On site full day interview consisted of: HR and manager generic questions; one-on-one experience discussion with others in the department; interview with plant manager; interview with department head; lunch; tour; review of benefits with HR. Heard back after a few weeks, after other candidates were interviewed, with an offer. Very friendly, comfortable positive experience. Pre-employment process was thorough: back ground check, drug test, and work history verification.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great offer, no need.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valero Energy in October 2010.

Interview

it seemed like it went well. a lot of prog questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.