Valero Energy Process Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Valero Energy Process Engineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Valero Energy

2.2

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

At the beginning, discuss your experiences, etc. Then the behavioral questions (about 4-6) asking about teamwork and other company values (company culture is very important to them) . Very big on safety as well.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you took action to make safety a priority?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Valero Energy

Process Engineer Interview

Interview

Interview process was easy. However, the company kept probing me for salary information from my employer at the time and made me very uncomfortable. In the end, Valero said they would get back with me in 2 weeks but never did. Very unprofessional. If Valero treats you like this in an interview, do you think they will treat you any better as an employer? It was a blessing in disguise as I was given nice job offers from their direct competitors.

Interview Questions

• What salary do you make? What salary do your peers make? What salaries do your employees make?   Answer Question

Process Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Valero Energy in September 2013.

Interview

The process was like any standard internship interview. They followed the STAR method, no technical questions. They filled out a form with my answers. Interviewer was kind and sincere. No questions asking me how much I knew about the company. A good amount of time at the end was left for my questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time instructions were unclear and you had to seek out further advice.   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norman, OK (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Norman, OK (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

It was comprised of simple behavioral questions. There were no technical questions. It was with someone from the site that you will work at. Mine was not with my direct manager.

Interview Questions

• What was a time on a team when someone wasn't pulling their weight   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Process Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Valero Energy (Beaumont, TX (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Found through my school career fair, contacted me around two weeks later for an interview. After the interview it took around two more weeks to receive offer. Mostly behavioral based questions with an engineer as well as an HR representative. In all they were most likely looking for a laid back personality and how you would respond under pressure. In my opinion GPA didn't have to be too high but it is definitely recommended.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral based questions. Tell me a time when there was a conflict of interest within a group that you were in. Tell me a time where you went above and beyond. etc.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.