Vauxhall Second Year Placement Assessment Centre Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Vauxhall Second Year Placement Assessment Centre Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Second Year Placement Assessment Centre Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vauxhall (Liverpool, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

I first applied online and the application included a number of additional questions like 'explain a time when..' or 'what is your experience in working as a team..'. I spent a fair amount of time in answering them. I got accepted and received an email to choose a date amongst a few available dates for an interview in Liverpool and that the company would pay for my traveling costs ( I lived in London).

The assessment was due to start around 9am. There were 5 other candidates, excluding me. We had to face 3 face to face interviews with different interviewers (2 people each time) Questions included: explain a time when you were under a lot of pressure but you worked well, give an example of an improvement you made in a work experience that you had and typical situational questions.

There was also a poster presentation and a choice of topics was given to us 30 minutes prior to the presentation. we had to work really fast on that. i chose the topic, 'how manufacturing processes can be improved'. The presentation was for 14-18 people.

Finally, all 6 of us were presented with a problem and we had to work as a team. We were sat in the center of the room, and surrounded by 10-20 recruiters (a bit nerve racking). The problem had a budget, a few conditions and we had to build a structure which would hold up a water bottle or something like that.

It was my first ever proper interview so it did not go too well. they seemed to be very nice people and laid back, but my answers weren't good enough and I didn't show enough confidence. make sure you prepare for typical answers, know a lot about the company and about your role, have good team working skills and you'll surely be able to secure it! Best of luck!

Interview Questions

• The group task, which was a practical problem was a bit tricky and had many conditions.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.