Vedanta Resources Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Vedanta Resources Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at Vedanta Resources

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Kolkata).

Interview

It was an on campus hiring process. Initially the placement office short listed the potential candidates. Interviewers came little late.

Three rounds of interviews were supposed to be conducted. However, as the process was going delay, the HR decided to move directly to the personal interview.

So, ultimately we end up with only one round of interview.
There were three persons in the panel. One HR and two technical persons.

They asked more technical questions and very few HR questions, such as where do you want to see yourself after 5 yrs? If you become manager of this company what change you would bring etc. The interview went very well. Even people can pose their own views and innovative thoughts to the interviewers. I had a very good experience all together.

It was nice, easy and cool.

Interview Questions

I moved on to higher study and did not join the company.

Other Interview Reviews for Vedanta Resources

Anonymous Employee in Korba

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Korba) in September 2008.

Interview

Interview conducted in College campus in the last year of the college graduation year. First the interview panel board took a written test comprising of around 75 questions in analytical , verbal and current knowledge. After the initial screening of the test, there was a group discussion followed by personal face to face interview. They asked some basic technical question from the respective stream of subject and some HR related question.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation as already they had mentioned in the PPT (Pre Placement Talk)

Anonymous Employee in Goa Velha

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Goa Velha) in June 2008.

Interview

it had 2 rounds.one was technical test...one was aptitude test.after that tech round.after that hr round.after that interview with gm .after that interview with director.after span of 1 month got my offer letter.

Graduate Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources.

Interview

the recruitment procedure involved 3 round - aptitiude test, GD and interview.the panels had experienced members from HR and technical, they were pretty hospitable and the interview was relaxed and not very technical.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It wasn't open to negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Chennai) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was rather short and simple. They had selected 16 candidates out of which 3 were finally selected.Questions were mostly internship based and expected.They ask you about your family background.They want to make sure that you are okay with working in tier 3 cities. This is a very important criteria for them. If you have done internship in Power plant focus more on the specifications and capacity values than the process description and function. The salary they offer is good but non negotiable.Also they have a variable pay which i don't know is based on what?

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (New Delhi) in December 2015.

Interview

Vedanta recruitment was conducted in three stages. First was the written round.The written round was very easy where basic aptitude questions were asked. Out of 50 students, 25 students were shortlisted for the next round.Second round was a Gd. Only 10 students were selected for the final round.FInal round was a Tech+Hr interview.

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Noida) in September 2015.

Interview

Vedanta Resources came to our college for campus recruitment. It was a one day process which included three rounds, aptitude test, gd, and interview. Aptitude questions were average but one needs speed to solve them. Gd were based on current topics. And interview included both technical and HR. Technical questions were mostly easy questions, one or two were the tough ones to differentiate between students. They were just checking the basic knowledge of your stream. HR questions were basic questions.

Interview Questions

• 1. Will you work in a remote area where there would be no ac and will have minimum facilities ?
      2. Why vedanta ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Varanasi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Varanasi) in December 2015.

Interview

The process comprised of Group Discussion and Personal Interview for Mining Engineering and Aptitude Test followed by GD and PI for other branches. GD topics were very general so that you can carry out healthy discussion. GD had 25 candidates and they shortlisted 15 for PI. In the interviews 6 were offered job in the company among whom I was one

Anonymous Employee in Jalpaiguri

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vedanta Resources (Jalpaiguri) in August 2012.

Interview

It is a 3 round interview.Aptitude,technical and hr round.in aptitude it is technical as well as general aptitude. Technical round asking about core mechanical subject like material science,thermodynamics,fluid machinery.In hr round asking about your hobby,favourite leisure time,which type of book you want to read like this.

Interview Questions

• describe about yourself.question on fluid machinery,thermodynamics and theory of machine.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotation

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

Interview

It consisted of four rounds actually, first was a resume based shortlisting from their side then they visited our campus and conducted the process which nearly took about seven hours to be more precise and they were very punctual to be honest.Next an aptitude test was conducted and for those shortlisted people their was a group discussion round whose topic was very general for our group it was 'Whether odd even number system in Delhi will be successful ' and then from their they did further shortlisting and then the interviews were conducted.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions was very easy mainly based on your resume,your internships,projects about you, and they wanted people who are actually willing to work for them and they appreciated honest answers, so be honest and confident and show willingness to join them,they will definitely hire you.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.