Venquis Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Venquis

2.8

Internal Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very positive experience, was awesome to talk directly to the CEO and HR. They were both very friendly. Awesome conversations. Barnaby the CEO is a great and was very friendly

Interview Questions

• Standard procedure, but what I like was that they also want to know personality in a genuine way. You will be asked to tell a bit about yourself and how you solved challenges you faced in the past   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with the CEO initially then the talent acquisition consultant. The company on the whole seem a credible employer and would recommend working for the company based on my interviews and viewing of the office. I don't have experience in their sector at the moment and my salary expectations were a little higher than on offer, not to say that their structure isn't healthy. I may reapply in future. They seem to have a good structure and team.

Interview Questions

• Billing history
      Why I am changing roles
      What motivates me
      What interests me
      What I liked about the company   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First stage face to face set up by a rec2rec. The first part of the interview gave infromation about the company, and A LOT of detail of the lengthy interview process which was helpful. Very very old school feel, felt like the interviewer was trying to catch me out/keep me on my toes, but that could have just been their interview style. As you can see below, some of the questions the first interviewer asked were quite strange and I felt a bit uncomfortable. The second interviewer was a lot softer. I was invited back for a second stage but didn't attend.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Negative - right from the start. I was contacted by the internal recruiter who initiated a first stage interview for the very same day. Great, I thought! How efficient. This, I was very wrong about. I came in to see her and spent about 40 minutes speaking about fairly irrelevant things. Their office was also quite messy / dirty. I didn't meet any of the actual Hiring Managers or Consultants which was irritating as it was clear to see she knew nothing about specific sectors and even little about recruitment as a whole. It was actually a very positive interview, I knew I had soared through it and built rapport (I just didn't like their strategy and questioned their 4/5 stage process inc an online test). A bit much for a recruitment firm?

Nevertheless, I waited patiently for a call back. Imagine my shock and dismay when this didn't arrive. One, two or even a week later. Bearing in mind, I didn't apply for a role and I was approached about it. Anyway, the call came ten days later and in that time they had apparently interviewed another candidates with more experience. What confused me was the fact I had called twice in the ten days enquiring about feedback and was fobbed off each time then of course, a more experienced candidate.

I wouldn't interview here. The process is a mess.

Interview Questions

• What do your friends do? Really, you have to ask yourself how this is relevant to the role at hand because if you asked that question, I'm sure they'd ask the same.
      The internal recruiter swore about three times but inbetween that, asked very basic questions. Tell me about your last role, describe yourself, why recruitment, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very informative, gave me a great insight into the business and what working at Venquis would be like. Got to meet range of people from talent manager through to MD.

Interview Questions

• What are more aspirations   Answer Question
    • Provide examples of how I dealt with difficult situations   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Met with Jabrien Bains (Head of Talent Acquisition) very nice, excellent introduction! clear and structured interview. Then met another member, then the sales director - Thorough and clear process - Made it easy to choose whether or not you want to work with Venquis.
    Open and honest with you.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Inspiring and Challenging. Gained a great insight into the culture of the company, the growth plans and a real understanding of the role. I felt they gave me a true insight into recruitment and not just a sales pitch. The interview was challenging, lots of questions that require thinking. Enjoyed it, shows they care who they hire.

Interview Questions

• Role based and focus on future progression, ambition and achievements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial aptitude test to be completed before face to face interview. Met with two team heads for about half an hour each. Final interview was a presentation on the company to the directors and the head of the team you'd be joining if successful, followed by an hour-long interview - 30 minutes with the MD and 30 minutes with the CEO.

Interview Questions

• Why recruitment?
      What are your short and long term goals?
      What would the three people closest to you say are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My rec2rec negotiated the offer. Having other offers on the table gives you greater leverage to negotiate a higher base salary.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

- applied online. was a phone interview. James was lovely, really wellspoken. was invited for a face to face at their london office. was very casual and he asked really nice questions.

although i didnt progress, he offered valuable feedback that was useful. such a lovely guy! and a nice company atmosphere too

Interview Questions

Venquis Response

30 Apr 2018 – Head of Talent Acquisition

We're glad to heard you had such a positive experience during our interview process. Our interview process is structured around our competency frame work and we grade you against this. Please feel... More

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Venquis (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1st phone call. Onlnine test for dummies! 2nd phone call. 1st meeting face to face, 2nd meeting face to face. Took 3 weeks, whilst other companies were more efficient and took 4 days! they asked some personal questions about family members and friends which I thought was a little out of place.

Interview Questions

• What does your boyfriend do (bit personal?!)?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.