Vertex Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Vertex Pharmaceuticals Interview Questions

Interviews at Vertex Pharmaceuticals

2.9

Bioinformatics Engineer Interview

Interview

Total waste of my valuable time. They send me a take home assignment which I completed and send them 2 days later. Almost a month now and no word of next process or if I didn’t get the job. Very disappointed. Please stop wasting time of software engineers if you don’t have intentions of hiring. Stop the culture of ghosting the candidates. It reflects bad on the company reputation.

Pharmacovigilance Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in February 2020.

Interview

Phone screen with talent acquisition person followed by phone interview with hiring manager and in-person interview. All interviews went well - no surprise or trick questions. Interviewers were personable and friendly. However, I was not pleased with the silence following the final interview. My thank you email and two week follow-up email went unanswered, and I found out that I was not selected when my status was updated to “no longer under consideration” on the company website. Advice to Vertex: Be transparent with prospective employees, especially if they have taken time off work to interview and/or have traveled great distances to appear at an interview. I would not have been upset to receive an email stating that I was not selected due to there being more qualified candidates in the applicant pool. However, the unprofessionalism of leaving a candidate hanging was not appreciated. I will not be applying for any further roles with this company.

Interview Questions

• What about the job description made you interested in this role?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

It was three step process: HR screening, phone interview with manager and on-site. On-site was not intimidating. They made me feel comfortable. Would have appreciated longer one-on-ones esp with manager.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position? What are your expectations of a manager?   Answer Question

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Went through 3 rounds of interview. First round was with the recruiter over the phone. Second round is also over the phone but with the hiring manager. Third round was an in person interview with 4 individual but with one person at a time. The in person interview lasted about 2 hrs and each person asked the same question (walk me through your work history).

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interview process was multi-step. First there was an initial phone interview/screening with HR, who then scheduled time for an initial phone interview with the hiring manager.

After the two initial phone screenings, I was invited into the office for face to face interviews. I interviewed with HR, a contract specialist, and the individual who would be the manager. There should have been a 4th interview, but the contract manager from the Contracts and Collaborations Management group was out of the office so they scheduled another phone interview with that individual.

After my interviews were complete, I was advised that I would hear back shortly regarding my candidacy. Weeks went by and I received an automated email that the company was no longer interested in my candidacy. I acted upon this email and secured another job. A week into my new employment, Vertex calls offering me the position, which I had to turn down.

I have since been in contact with the company regarding other open positions and it took over a month a response after multiple follow ups.

While they company is doing amazing research for chronic diseases, their hiring teams need to improve their communication methods.

Interview Questions

• What are the key elements of a NDA?   1 Answer

Senior Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals in October 2019.

Interview

Had one phone call with a recruiter. It went very well. The recruiter explained the role to me, it was fairly straight forward and consistent with the description in the job listing. I talked about my background and it all seem to fit quite well - what they were looking for and what my experience was.

After one week I emailed the recruiter for an update. The recruiter responded by saying I was just about to email you with an update. The update was that I wasn't moving on in the process because I didn't have enough experience. My response was, what? Clearly I have the experience as is indicated in my resume and I can only believe this is why I was one of the first candidates interviewed for this role. So I emailed the recruiter back to ask why I didn't have enough experience. The recruiter indicated that I didn't have 15+ years of experience for this role. Hmmm....I have over 15 years of professional experience and 10 solid years of experience in the areas this position requires. This 15+ years of experience wasn't written in the job listing and it was never discussed in my phone interview with the recruiter. Even when I asked the recruiter, what does the ideal profile look like for this position? The whole experience left me feeling I dodged a slimy and untrustworthy work environment. If this is how the recruiter behaves with prospective employees, what is it like working there? Seems like an environment where trust, openness, and honesty isn't valued.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

It was great, very friendly people. got to meet team members and also stakeholders. The whole process was quick and pleasant experience. It was 5 hours long, and they provided water and made me feel comfortable.

Internship Interview

Interview

Submit application for review as step 1, Phone interview within a few weeks, then a second phone interview within a few weeks. Email notification of acceptance or rejection comes timely within a week of last interview.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Interviewed for data scientist in a company wide data science team. A couple of standard phone screens. Then, a take-home science project they lifted from a public data science competition. This assignment was very intensive, they give you a week, and and it takes 20+ hours to complete. Recommend taking time off work to work on this full time for a few days. Then, they bring you in for an interview where the team asks you questions (some intelligent, some not so much).

On the hiring team, there were a few data scientists who were pleasant enough. Then there are a couple of executive members of the team, who ask you basic behavioral questions and don't seem very invested in the process. The hiring manager is quite rude and unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions that test your basic statistics abilities. A lot of questions describing your past experiences. I feel like most of the decision is made during the presentation.   Answer Question

Global Spend Transparency Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vertex Pharmaceuticals (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Vertex bungled my interview process from the very beginning. They were disorganized and unprofessional in their communications- or lack there of. Every time they said they would email/call me, they did not.  I had to follow up multiple times days (or weeks) after I was promised information.  After ghosting me for 10 weeks they finally provided a verbal offer, however, all the information I was originally given about the position turned out to all be wrong, leaving me feeling very much bait and switched. The level of the position was not what I was told in my 4 hour interview, the salary was lower than the range I was quoted by HR, and my potential for lost income for switching companies was never conveyed to the team. Regardless of all this, I was willing to move forward with the offer negotiations, but a written offer never came. Instead (after I had to again ask for an update a full week after receiving a verbal offer) I received a short and curt email rescinding the verbal offer. I followed up asking for more information or what I could have done differently, but yet again have not received any response.

I would be hard pressed to ever join a company that is so unprofessional and disrespectful in their HR practices. It reflects extremely poorly on rest of the company. I understand that systems and human error happen, but the level of disregard for their candidates is completely unacceptable.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.