Virginia Mason Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jan 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Virginia Mason

2.8
HardAverageEasy
Found 68 candidate interviews
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (United States)

Interview

First interview is more like a pre-screen. The recruiter will ask some general questions about your background and availability. The second interview is more in-depth and, if virtual, is recorded so the department manager can watch it. Second interview is all behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about Virginia Mason? Why did you leave your last position? What did you enjoy about your last position? What are your salary expectations? What are your long-term career goals? Can you talk about an ethical dilemma you faced and how did you resolve it? When was the last time you struggled with time management and how did you address this? Talk about a time when you had to deal with a difficult client or coworker. Give an example of a time when you had to solve a problem. Talk about a time when you had a language barrier with a patient/client – how did you overcome this? What is the most surprising piece of professional feedback you’ve ever received?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (United States) in Jan 2021

Interview

I received a follow-up email the day after applying from an employee supporting the hiring manager/ team. VM has streamlined their process due to the high demand for call center support. The interviewer was thoughtful and focused throughout the interview. Unfortunately, because the interviewer was removed from the hiring team, I wasn't able to have all of my questions answered thoroughly.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time where a customer or patient had an unreasonable request. How did you handle that?
Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Charlotte, NC) in Jan 2021

Interview

The interview process was simple and pretty typical . I have been offered an opportunity completely electronically . This is definitely a first for me. It was easier than a face to face. Which made it that much more skeptical.

Interview Questions
  • All questions were Typical questions! I’m sure has heard them before.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Virginia Mason (United States)

Interview

It was with 2 nurse managers. They were both super nice. They asked me mostly behavioral questions. I used a lot of clinical and work circumstances to answer these questions. They were very honest about the process.

Interview Questions
Virginia Mason
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I interviewed at Virginia Mason (United States)

Interview

Normal interview questions, no tricky questions, questions about your past nursing experience, nothing too difficult, plan to be true and honest, be yourself. DO not try to impress. I really don't know what else to say.

Interview Questions
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in Oct 2020

Interview

First interview was asking administrative questions and going over resume. Second interview was asking behavioral questions. There was a lot of questions and they wanted patient care examples for each. This interview was with direct supervisor and they asked a few more questions and I was able to ask more job-specific questions.

Interview Questions
  • Specific examples of how I used time management, overcame language barriers, worked with patients with different cultural beliefs, organization, and asking personal strengths and weaknesses.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Virginia Mason (United States)

Interview

Zoom interview and phone interview. Basic questions about experience and background info as well as decision making. Overall straight forward and direct not much a nurse can complain about. Nurse recruiter is very nice, kind and open. They did not discuss benefits thoroughly at time of interview

Interview Questions
Virginia Mason
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in May 2020

Interview

one phone interview with the HR followed by one on one interview with the manager, it was a pretty smooth process. great people to work with. excellent staff and working environment

Interview Questions
  • what are you looking in this job?
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (United States) in Mar 2020

Interview

Fairly easy process, took a couple weeks from applying online to doing a phone interview with the nurse recruiter, then next a video review with the hiring unit managers. From there I waited about two weeks until I received an offer for a position that begins in late summer. Overall it was an fairly painless process and my recruiter, Jill, was amazing. She was so kind and answered all of my questions and is part of the reason I took the job. If the other staff are half as nice and guiding to new grads I'm sure I'll love this hospital!

Interview Questions
Virginia Mason
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA) in Jan 2020

Interview

Applied online via their website. Had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then had a face to face interview with a manager. He was very pleasant and knowledge about the organization.

Interview Questions
Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Interviews