Virginia Mason Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Virginia Mason

2.7

Gift Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Applied online via their website. Had a phone interview with a recruiter. Then had a face to face interview with a manager. He was very pleasant and knowledge about the organization.

Interview Questions

• What databases do you know?   1 Answer

Microbiology Support Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Virginia Mason in November 2019.

Interview

After applying online I received an email to schedule a phone interview, which went on for about 30 minutes. It was definitely one of the more thorough phone interviews I've had. Afterwards I was told that they would get back to me within 3 business days, but received no reply past that. I later emailed for a follow up, but had no response.

Interview Questions

• What is a conflict you've had with a coworker, and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • What is a mistake you've made in the past, and how was it resolved?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever gone above and beyond customer expectations?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Virginia Mason?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Interview

Applied online with a resume and letter.
    Unable to speak to anyone about process.
    Was never even contacted although I had worked there previously for several years.
    For a health care organization, they sure don't seem to care. I wonder what Dr. Kaplan would think about this.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

30-minute phone interview with a recruiter. She asked me questions about my employment history (including employment gaps), educational background and some behavioral questions. She was rude and her style was very old fashioned. She almost screamed at me saying, "I just asked you a Yes-or-No question so no need to say anything more than that!" After 2 weeks, I noticed that the job was no longer available on the website and she didn't even let me know about it! Not even a "Thank you for your time" email!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Virginia Mason? What kind of mistakes have you made?   Answer Question

24 Sep 2019 – Strategic Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for taking time to post a review of your interview experience. We appreciate the time you spent speaking with us about the Project Manager position. We are sorry to hear the experience you had didn’t meet with our shared expectations. Our process is to follow up with each candidate after the interview, and we apologize if you did not receive that. While we can’t change your experience we do want you to know we will look into our process to ensure all candidates that interview do receive a status update. Thank you again for taking time to provide us with this feedback.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

I am only commenting on the actual interview process at Virginia Mason and not the mission or the actual position I applied for. I can objectively say this was one of the worst experiences I have ever seen in my medical career: Between the initial phone screens and the panel, there was time lapse of almost 3 months. In spite of following up very regularly, I was never given any information on my status. They just didn't seem to care. Now I understand that perhaps 3 months may seem acceptable for Virginia Mason but the " no news" especially for someone like me that was unemployed was very difficult. The good news is that I was able to put this behind me and have since started a new job in Bellevue where the entire process took one month.

Interview Questions

Virginia Mason Response

8 Apr 2019 – Strategic Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback about your interview experience. Respect for People is at the core of who we are and what we do at Virginia Mason, and we do our best to provide the best experience possible for our candidates. We are sorry your experience did not live up to our shared expectations. We will pass your concerns on to the appropriate team members. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Although I’ve applied to Virginia Mason a few times in the past and hadn’t much luck with their recruiters with actually keeping up with their interviews but this one was easy. The recruiter contacted and did the initial phone screen that Friday and scheduled an in person for that Thursday. I met with the director on Thursday for a very causal interview and then Tuesday I was offered the position. The whole process was quick and simple. I was provided with a lot of communication throughout the process by the recruiter.

Interview Questions

Virginia Mason Response

29 Apr 2019 – Strategic Recruitment Specialist

Thank you for posting your review of our interview process. We are glad to hear you found our process quick and simple. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience as we are always looking for ways to improve the experience we provide to our candidates. Thanks again for sharing your feedback.

New Grad RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Phone interview and then 2 person panel. Both pretty straight forward. They asked questions like "how do handle a difficult family member?" and "why did you decide on nursing?" and "what are your weaknesses?"

Interview Questions

Virginia Mason Response

10 Jun 2019 – Strategic Recruitment Specialist

Thanks for posting your review of our interview process. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience as we are always looking for ways to improve the experience we provide to our candidates. Thanks again.

"NPP" Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason.

Interview

For a fairly big hospital, I have to say that I am very disappointed in VM's hiring process and level of unprofessionalism. A recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone interview and then suddenly fell off the face of the earth. This person never called nor responded to my e-mail. I reached out a second time to follow up but to no avail.
    I get that everyone is "busy" but also please be respectful of our (the candidate's) time. A simple pre-written "we're not moving forward.." e-mail will do just fine and doesn't take up too much time.
    Don't just reach out and schedule something if you are not going to follow through.

Interview Questions

Virginia Mason Response

19 Mar 2019 – Strategic Recruitment Specialist

We appreciate the time you took to provide feedback about our interview process. Respect for People is at the core of who we are and what we do at Virginia Mason, and we do our best to provide the best experience possible for our candidates. We are sorry your experience did not live up to our shared expectations. Our focus on continual improvement means we take all feedback seriously and we will pass along this information to our recruiting team. Thank you for your interest in Virginia Mason.

Pct Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virginia Mason (Seattle, WA (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, then an in person interview shortly after. They ask about your experience before this and why you think you'd be a good fit. They have you come in for a meeting at the corporate office building, get your badge, and they send you to employee health to get your vaccinations verified. Then you can start to work!

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Nurse Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virginia Mason.

Interview

Submitted a resume and cover letter online and received an email from HR requesting to do a phone interview the next day. They asked a couple basic behavioral questions. After the interview I was told by the HR person that were going pass my resume on to the hiring manager who would make the decision about which candidates would get an in person interview. I received an email 3-4 days later that they were going to consider other candidates with more experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a patient?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.