Virtusa Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Virtusa Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 10 Apr 2019

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Virtusa (Windsor, CT (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an HR screening, a technical interview over the phone, a panel interview onsite, and a followup panel phone interview.

The interview questions themselves were very simple. Virtusa isn't looking for a person who knows everything but more for someone who can learn quickly.

Interview Questions

• Can you reverse a string, in any programming language you choose?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Virtusa

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied on LinkedIn and Recruiter called to do initial screening. It was told that the opening was for one of their clients.
    Recruiter scheduled a telephonic interview round. This was an hour long video interview.
    Interviewer asked details about project, technologies and Java/J2EE application developement process.
    Recruiter scheduled a client interview which was similar and went well.

Got the offer however, rejected for other opportunity in hand.

Interview Questions

• Typical Java/J2EE interview questions.
      REST API design questions.
      Database connection pooling.
      Development process and latest framework related questions. No coding rounds.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Interview consists of 5 rounds.
    1. Written test (100 qns - 1.30 hr time)
    2. F2F - Technical round (45 mins)
    3. F2F - Technical round (30 mins)
    4. F2F - Managerial round (30 mins)
    5. HR discussion

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Virtusa (Chennai) in September 2015.

Interview

A scheduled interview where 70-80 candidates reached the location. They had 1)Computer-based written interview(They even made 5 years experienced candidates take it to screen the number of candidates) 2)Technical Telephonic round from the interview location itself(Interviewers were not available at office as it was on a week-end) 3)Manager Telephonic Interview 4) HR round.
    5)Client interview after joining the organization.

Interview Questions

• 1)Explain Spring & hibernate Configurations
      2)Explain how Solr to be used in integration with the application
      3)Collections and data-structures   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Colombo (Sri Lanka)) in January 2014.

Interview

First telephone interview over the phone about technical questions, Then face to face interview, finally HR interview. Phone to phone was pure technical questions with a Sofware Architect. Then face to face interveiw with another two architects. Finally HR asking what is your salary expectation.

Interview Questions

• .Net and SQL server related questions, design patterns, sofware architecutre, Linq, Entity frame work   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Hyderabad) in February 2008.

Interview

I had 2 techincal Interview which were telephonic
    then i had a management 1:1 interview
    then i had HR interview and salary negoatiation round

Interview Questions

• What is the prpose of Dual inheritence in the PRPC   1 Answer
    • if there are 6 people in a team, how many handshakes will be there   7 Answers
    • How to get the count in side a loop   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was rigrous negotiation however if they have made up their mind hiring you, you can do some bargain

Anonymous Employee in Chennai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Chennai) in June 2012.

Interview

There will be totally 3 rounds. 2 technical and 1 HR rounds. Both the technical rounds will be almost of same level and almost same questions will be asked.

Interview Questions

• None , all questions will be easy, at least in my case.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Virtusa (Colombo (Sri Lanka)) in October 2013.

Interview

One written exam, one practicle test , two technical interviews, final HR interview

Interview Questions

• You have a light bulb inside a closed room, you are outside the room. Some one can either on or off the bulb from outside before you enter. If you are allowed to go inside the room. How you can possibly check weather the bulb was lit or not before you enter the room   1 Answer

Low salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Virtusa (Bengaluru).

Interview

Virtusa, Bangalore has the worst HR and recruitment department, they call you on a weekday if you are looking for a job change and when you say yes, their HR pushes you to come for an interview that day itself. Ask her to reschedule, she will hang up and call back after ages with the next day schedule. Then irritation starts, you go for an interview, perform well , technical interviewers are pretty good actually but when you come back and wait for an offer, then your wait will never end.

Same HR who pushes you for early interview, even pushes you to join asap, will stop replying to emails, stop attending your calls, end of story. I understand that sometimes position are on hold, but at least you should communicate guys, isnt that the HRs job?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Virtusa (Bengaluru) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview, 2 Technical and 1 Manager round. The first round was pretty straight forward covered almost all important basic concepts in java. second round was more concentrated on Multi threading, Coding skills, Angular JS basics and all. Third round is about architecture and design of the projects I have worked on in detail. Questions were based on various modules present in my projects.

Interview Questions

• Implement a thread pool with 10 threads in Java?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.