Visa Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Visa Inc.

1,275 Interview Reviews

2.8

SWE Intern Interview

Interview

Behavioral interview at career fair which led to an accelerated hiring process, 2 hour Hackerrank (with around 5 questions), one technical interview. Entire process took around 4 weeks to complete.

Internship Interview

Interview

I applied online and received an email that I made it to the next round. I later had two 30-min phone interviews with members of my team. The interviews were of average difficulty.

Interview Questions

• Why Visa? How has your previous experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Foster City, CA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

30 minute interview where the hiring manager talked for 20 minutes, and didn't have any specific questions. The recruiter didn't advise on any unique characteristics for this interview. They may have had their mind set on someone else and just going through the motions?

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

It was hacker rank test at first with 3 coding questions and multiple choice questions. They are pretty easy. Next there is a phone round with Hiring manager who is a Director. I interviewed with an VISA org called MAPPD. The phone call lasted for 15-20 mins. The director told me that they would call me in couple of days but I never received the call. The recruiting team don't respond to emails. It felt like the position was already fixed and provided to some internal candidate.

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc. (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

1. Recruiter called and setup a hiring manager interview
    2. I got Hacker rank questions which are very basics. cleared it with ease
    3. Hiring manager spoke for 30 minutes with template questions and very easy to clear
    4. I got Interviewed with the team of 4 people (templated questions again, no challenging interaction)
    5. After 3 weeks, i got an email saying i am rejected with no reason provided (as there is no reason i guess)

Seems to be an internal filling position. I would be cautious next time to watch out for these positions.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions and situational questions
      system design
      integration design   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

went to office and introduce myself. She is very friendly and tells me about the company culture and the relationship between coworkers. Good experience. I was rejected in the final round since do not fit for the position;(

Intern - Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

There was an technical interview and then a coding challenge, oddly in that order. The man interviewing was professional, helpful, and easy to talk to. Coding challenge was quite difficult.

Associate Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

There was an initial phone screen and then a three hour on-site interview with a presentation, an office tour, and three 30-minute interviews with the systems team.

The email inviting me to the on-site specified: "These interviews will be a mix of technical questions (although not whiteboard/coding) and behavioral." The very first interviewer had me up and using the whiteboard, writing code. From there, it got worse. At one point, the interviewer asked me to recite, from memory, every possible error code (403, 404, etc.) I could. There were behavioral questions in the second interview, but in the third we were back to insulting vocabulary exercises and rude interviewers. I felt lied to in the initial email. At one point, because I couldn't verbalize an entire program effectively, the interviewer condescendingly asked me to write a Python print statement. I did so, for both Python2 and Python3, and he said "that doesn't sound right." and just looked at his phone for the rest of the interview.

Director, Internal Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Visa Inc. in April 2020.

Interview

Took about 2 weeks from the online application to schedule a phone interview with recruiter, which took 2 more weeks to arrange. The recruiter simply asked me to tell about myself. They did not inform me of the duration of the interview and after 20 minutes, the connection was dropped on their side. They called back and said they'd like to spend 10 more minutes to hear the rest of my story. They called back after 2 weeks and scheduled an inter view 1 week out. At this point we are 5-6 weeks into the phone interview process. The second phone interview (10 minutes duration) went well and the recruiter indicated that they wanted me to interview with hiring manager right away. That took 2 weeks to arrange. It went very, very well. They said they had other people to interview and that "nothing is done quickly at Visa." They also indicated that our conversation went very, very well and I was very well qualified. No contact information was provided. That was 6 weeks ago. They told me early in the process that due to the corona virus situation this would be a delayed process, but they were committed to filling the position.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview

I had an interview with behavioral and general technical questions following a career fair. I got a link to apply to a specific position afterward but a couple weeks later that program got cancelled.

Interview Questions

• What is a RESTful API?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.