Vistaprint Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Vistaprint Interview Questions

Interviews at Vistaprint

3.1

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vistaprint in June 2014.

Interview

I originally applied for a different position at VistaPrint. About a week later, I was contacted by a recruiter asking my interest in the Associate Analyst position. I showed my interest and an interview was set up a few days later with the hiring manager. The interview was pretty straight forward. However, after learning more about the position during the interview, I became aware that this position was not a good match for me. I was pretty bummed out, especially because the recruiter reached out to me for this position that I did not originally apply for.

Interview Questions

• There was no curve balls asked during the interview. Every question was very straight forward about my experience and skill set.   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA (US)) in December 2009.

Interview

Let me preface this that it is not the interview process I had a problem with it was the fact that 4 professionals could not agree on what they wanted and, the fact that it seemed that the feedback I recieved on my interview seemed completely out of touch with things that I said during the interview.

Vista print contacted me about an opportunity they were looking to fill (and had been looking to fill at that point for about 5 months). In a bad economy with a lot of people out of work this shouldn't have been a problem to fill the job slot, but because it was right around the Christmas Holidays they wanted to get me in ASAP otherwise I might miss the opportunity.

A lot of hurry up and wait.

The interview consisted of meeting with 4 individuals including my would be boss. At that point I was asked a broad question about how I would come up with the answer and to present a possible solution.

When I heard back from the HR person I was completely floored when she said that the feedback she received on me indicated that I had never visited their website?!?! I attempted to explain that this wasn't at all the case, I had in fact visited their website but was asked if I had every bought anything from them which, I had not. She brushed it off as being a miscommunication. (I certainly won't be buying anything from them now!)

I liked the hiring manager a lot and I thought I would have worked well with her. It's a shame that in the end things got all jumbled up and that they had spent so much time vetting and looking for the 'right person'. The feedback from HR is what left a really bad taste in my mouth about this company. Shame, really a shame.

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Waltham, MA (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

Corporate recruiter contacted me via email, followed by half an hour phone screen with recruiter, half an hour phone screen with hiring manager, then a 4 or 5 hours onsite interview.

Heard feedback in a week or two. I did great with technical questions, everyone liked me, but felt I need to be more assertive, more ways of handling things as a manager.

This position does not involve leading a team or much technical depth, does require a lot of people skill and management experience. I have moved on to a position that is a better fit for me. I appreciate the opportunity and honest feedback. The interview process is fair and efficient. I enjoyed meeting those who interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Given a situation, what would you do.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

After meeting Vistaprint at a job fair, I had a first round interview on campus with a software engineer. It was a fun coding question to calculate the amount of paper the company needs to print an array of paper products. I got invited to a two-day superday onsite in Boston. They housed us in the Charles Hotel and took us to dinner. The next day, we went back to the company and we did company tours and three separate 1-hour interviews: software design, a coding scenario, and a fun brainteaser

Interview Questions

• How many bottles of shampoo are produced in the world a year?   25 Answers
    • Given an array of paper products in which each product has an attribute name, width, and height, and given a sheet of paper that has width xx and height yy, write a program that returns the number of sheets of paper needed to print out the array of paper products   Answer Question
    • How would you design elevator software?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

How many small size shampoo bottles are produced every year

Interview Questions

• What is the total number of small sized shampoo bottles produces in the world.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter at Vistaprint. It was a brief 15 min interview over the phone and then a technical interview was arranged. I was called onsite for personal interview with atlest 5 of them.
    The first interview the person as late to work so that didnt happen. The next interview I was told briefly about the company and department. I thought the interview was going pretty well until it exploded.. I was told that the job did not have any Microsoft .net work until a year although I was called in for a Dotnet developer position. They had a 'tool' they wanted me to work on. For some reasong nobody in the department wanted to work on it. Now, who in the world would like this job after been told this. Obviously I was not interested and told them that it is very 'dissapointing' We didnt wanted to continue the interview but i was just giving it a shot as drove all the wayto Lexington for 3 hrs, didnt wanted to go back so soon. Anyway I guess they just called in the next person and no one came after that. Then the HR said it is not working for them as ' I' use lot of ' tools' which the company dont like. Infact I was thinking that the ' company' had been using 'tools' other than dotnet for this position was the real issue. Any way I asked why the Job description was not accurate. The HR had no idea about what it is about as far as Hr knows, it is dotnet position. Overall experience was very Dissapointing and I am glad that I conveyed it to them at the interview.

Interview Questions

• Question about how many shampoo bottles the company need to market.   Answer Question

It wasnt going to work out anyway. If they retired the tool they would not have the job for me. They had other dotnet people working but didnt have any dotnet work for me. Why did they even call me for this interview? I have over 6 years exp with dotnet working for Big 10 companies and was not going to work on anything else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Boston, MA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied through a referral from a friend.
    Got a quick email from the recruiter as they were interested in my profile. The recruiter and engineers were great to talk to and courteous.
    Interview process:
    1st HR call, went smooth discussed basic HR stuff, then set up first phone interview.

2nd Technical phone screen, mostly describing what projects you did, why did you do them that way, remember to ask good questions at the end as well.

3rd Skype/Zoom interview. this was 2 hrs long. First hour was system design question, more like solving issues in a particular system. Second hour was technical coding interview, in google docs. I probably should've asked more questions and talked more about the problem instead of starting to code asap. I was writing more of pseudo code rather than actual code, I think the interviewer did not like this.
    Then got rejection from recruiter 3 days later. All in all get interview process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA (US)) in October 2012.

Interview

Found them at the career fair, had dinner with them and then a first round interview on campus. Mix of behavioral and technical questions of 45 minutes. Then, I got invited the very next evening to their Super Saturday Weekend Event from Friday night to Sunday. Friday night was a lot of fun and I talked to a lot of Vistaprint employees, and the Charles Hotel they invite you too was very nice. On Saturday morning, they drove us to their office and we had a tour, and then 3 one hour interviews (depends on your group). One of the interviews was problem solving, and the other two were design/coding questions. Interviewers were really cool and worked with you towards your solution instead of trying to stump you. Afterwards, they had a company wide event at a bar/restaurant/bowling alley with free food and drinks! it was really fun!

after 3 days, I heard back from them that I got an offer. The hr is excellent for college recruiting and they get back to you fast!

Interview Questions

• Signed a disclosure form, so I can't say it. There were no "tricky" / classic interview questions though   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, they offer very well for college grads (although the price of living is very high for that area)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vistaprint (Lexington, MA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online, after a week or so I got a call from a recruiter who set up a phone screen. Went over a basic coding exercise, took about an hour. Got called in for an interview which lasted about 5 hours (including a free lunch). One hour sessions focusing on programming, object oriented design, general problem solving, and then a personal evaluation.

Interview Questions

• Write class diagrams for a robotic waiter system.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I interviewed at Vistaprint (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward. I interviewed on campus and was asked a string pattern matching question. Once I answered the question, I was asked to optimize on the method and get a better solution. It lasted for about 30 mins. And then I was directly called on-site for the next round.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.