Vrbo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Vrbo Interview Questions

Interviews at Vrbo

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vrbo.

Interview

First a phone screening very simple questions, more like just check if you are a good fit. I passed to a second intreview that was cancelled and rescheduled after holidays. Tried to contact them back but they didn´t answered.

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I was referred to a position by my friend. Recruiter scheduled a call and it was 15-20 minutes. Later I was scheduled for the telephonic round.

Telephonic round: first half hour was behavioral and some high level spring related questions. The second half was the coding exercise on the codepair. It was about spiral matrix.

Onsite: NDA

Had 4 - 1 hour interviews with 1 person each hour.

1st Interview, 15 min conversation about vrbo and my work. Then jumped to the technical question. It was a question i would never have expected. It makes you think how you can make use the basic data types for efficiently storing data. I think i did alright on this one.
    2nd Interview : leet code medium Array question
    3rd Interview: small system design, algo about trees, Several tech questions java/spring etc.,.
    4th Interview : Behavioral in first half. OOD in the second half. I wish i had more time to understand this, the interviewer did not give me much time on this one. I think i lost on this one.

Interview tips: They are not looking for correctness of a solution, they are looking to understand your thought process. Please ask as many questions as possible before answering the interview and don't jump to solutions even if you know. Explain as many solutions as possible and why you chose the solution.

Interview Questions

• Spiral matrix, Arrays, Trees, memory utilization using data types, system design, ood   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Interview Questions

good experience, 3 rounds , all with senior management, case based questions, on white boardgood experience, 3 rounds , all with senior management, case based questions, on white board   Answer Question

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I don't know what is with the analytics side of the Vrbo recruiting team, but they don't leave a good taste in your mouth. I applied 3 times over the last year and the one time I did finally get on a call with a recruiter, he went and acted like he didn't want to be there. Maybe he didn't but that shows and leaves a negative experience with candidates. In addition, I hear of other candidates just being stonewalled by the recruiting team and how the company is a mess internally with recent changes. None of that stays internal for long so the current state of the analytics department is not shining so bright right now.

Interview Questions

• Do you use Python and/or SQL? Describe your experience with them.   Answer Question

Senior Data Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

My overall experience has been good.
    But I'd like to share a feedback which I think is very crucial.
    Please note that this is not coming because I was NOT offered the role, but a genuine room for improvement.
    I interviewed for "Sr. Data Insight Analyst" role in ADI.

I loved the overall process- it tests candidate for every single of their skills.

First round- HR
    Second round- HM video conferencing- This call was brainstorming and problem solving question and was a great first FILTER
    Third Round- SQL technical coding. This was rigorous and time bound. This does test candidates with "high" SQL skills. Great Filter again.

Final Onsite round-
    This is the round where there are feedback for.
    The case interview was exhausting, time taking and lengthy- the organization needs to realize that for FT employees looking for a change this is hard.
    Above all I was told the presentation to be prepared for 30-40 mins and leave the remaining time for questions.
    Now, 30 mins is a LOT OF TIME and a lot of hard work goes into it and there is no way, this presentation can be just a summary with no deep dive into the details.
    I was also asked to know that my audience is non-technical, so it was challenging to have 30-40 of material with balancing depth and summary.

One of the constructive feedback I received was, "she touched on all the points but conclusion was given less time". I'd like for the organization and hiring team to understand that meeting all the requirements, a candidate is bound to spend more time in "touching all the points" and then concluding.

2) Another key point- I was told since I have cleared the tech screening, most weightage, that is 60-70% of the weightage will be given to case interview and not so much to the technical onsite interview.
    However, I was later informed I was rejected only because of feedback from the "technical" interview held onsite.

3) Talking about technical ONSITE interview- After performing LIVE coding in your screening, most onsite technical interviews focus more of thought process, algorithm design and not so much on LIVE aspect of the coding. (Companies like apple, amazon, google and microsoft also fall in this category).
    However, this was different, in a 40 min interview, the interviewer came with 1-2 printed pages of the questions. It can take 5-10 times to just ready those questions carefully.
    The time was limited but I wanted to make sure I read those questions and also ask all the "clarifying" questions before proceed to solve it. For most of the employers, this is a good thing. However, the reason I was rejected was stated to be "took help and asked questions to come to the final solution".
    I was also asked to create tableau charts on the fly on interviewer's laptop. I took a bit of time to adjust to a new computer, and understand the ask of the question and was confident and vocal to let the interviewer know that it was slow because of a new computer. However I was given a feedback that "Needed help to reach the solution"

Please note, that i was able to reach the right solution. That too in the limited time I had. Also, both these questions were very simple- I get to work on more complex problems using SQL and Tableau. Infact, the technical SQL screening was tougher than this question.
    But what I want to stress- is that a candidate is rejected even if they are able to arrive to the results.

Most employers understand that interview settings are always not optimal, in terms of time, etc. And typically never reject candidates just for the reason of asking questions.

Recommendations:
    1) If getting some calculations on Tableau is important, please get those done as a part of techinical screening. Live coding is not best performed in person but take home, or tech-screening.
    2) IF you want the candidate to work extremely hard to impress the team in the case interview (citing it to be most important), please stand by those words.
    3) Please review the candidate thinking not just as a head, but also an an analyst (role). It's not possible to do a 30-40 min presentation, without touching all the points.
    4) It might a problem in communication, but make sure that HR and Hiring team is aligned.

Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vrbo.

Interview

Got a call from the hiring manager , within two hours they replied they wanted to move forward with the next video interview round . The day of my interview I get an email 30 minutes before my meeting saying that they are moving forward with other candidates

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vrbo.

Interview

One telephonic round followed by one onsite interview. The Onsite interview is with 5 people and took around 5 hours. Phone interview has HR questions and Onsite interview is Technical round.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vrbo.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a recruiter phone screen, hiring manager phone screen, technical SQL interview, and on-site interview. The on-site interview included 3 behavioral interviews and one business case. For the business case, they provided the data and prompt 4-5 days prior to the interview, and asked me to give a presentation on my findings and recommendations.

Interview Questions

• Given the following data, what can you conclude about the A/B test and what are your business recommendations?   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

Easy and relax. The interviewers are all very supportive and friendly. No crazily difficult questions like leetcode medium or hard. Was on a tour to see their new building, which is very fancy inside and at a great location in Domain. Free snacks and drink everywhere.

The level of the offer doesn’t match my experience so I decline it.

Interview Questions

• Typical leetcode easy questions   2 Answers

Partner Success Manager Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Vrbo in June 2019.

Interview

Had an initial phone screen with recruiter who talked through job description, pay, and listened to my my work experience. Then talked to hiring manager for the team who went through a lot that had been covered with the recruiter. Ended up reaching out to the recruiter about being more interested in a new position that had just been posted, and got a really short email about language requirements that weren't on the job posting. Emailed back with the new listing to confirm, and just ended up getting ghosted.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.