Vrbo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Vrbo

2.8

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Get phone interview

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Met them at the university recruiting fair. I was asked a bunch of C questions on the spot and got called for a technical interview the next day. There were more of JAVA questions asked during the one on one interview. Got the rejection a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

Not too bad. They asked me about Java class, polymorphism, Java interfaces, and some networking questions. It wasn't too bad but I wasn't able to answer a couple of the networking questions. The easiest part was the coding question. I had to find the total sum of the numbers that are divisible by a given input. Simple little method. The recruiter was really nice. I thought I did well in the interview but got an email about three weeks later saying they were looking for more qualified students. Don't know why....

Interview Questions

• The question I was most surprised by was the Java Interfaces. I was not expecting that at all.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vrbo.

Interview

Met them at a college career fair - had one interview on campus
    Got a phone call a wk to two wks later, asked to come out.
    Came out, had 4 interviews. Everyone was really nice
    Got a call following week with the offer

Interview Questions

Not sure if I will decline yet, but I didn't really get to talk to the ppl much and figure out the atomsphere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Got a call next day after the career fair at my school. Set up a one-on-one on-campus interview the following week. After more than a month, they got back to me and said wanted to do a phone interview. After the phone interview, they asked me to come to their headquarters the following week. During the final rounds, I had 4 interviews of which 3 were technical, one was mainly behavioral. Technical questions: basic OOP questions, subset problem (but with pairs of numbers)), duplicating a twisted linked list, recursion in a multi-threading scenario. I did decent and provided solutions. After 2 weeks, they got back to me saying they won't be making me an offer. A long process finally came to an end.

Interview Questions

• Duplicating a Linked Link where each node had an extra pointer that could point to itself, to any random node in the Linked List, or be NULL.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

four round on-site, one question is to transfer integer to Roman, one question is about prefix tree, one question is for cyclic linked list. But interviewers always expect you to come up with a better solution after you write down the answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied for a job thru LinkedIn. I was contacted by a recruiter offering a different job which I still liked so I decided to move ahead with it. After an hour talk with 2 directors they decided to flight me in. A lot talks about how the company is awesome. While onsite I had 4 interviews of about 45 mins each. Only 2 were technical, one was about a puzzle question and the other on was about multithreading. There was never a chance to show real programming skills. If you do something wrong, they wont tell you or try to get you to think about the problem differently. I couldnt do the puzzle question, but I did well on the other question. The recruiter called me a couple of days later to tell me that they werent going to make me an offer. They seriously need to revamp their interview process to include more relevant questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vrbo.

Interview

Had an initial phone call which asked about my skills, and the second round was a technical interview with the architect.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to implement a java program to get the column name in excel given a column number. (eg 1 -> A, 27 -> AA)... The solution involved recursion   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Met them at the campus career-fair. I got a phone interview in a week. Phone interview consisted of a breadth of technical questions ranging from data-structures to algorithms to web technologies. Got invited to interview on-site the next week.

On-site visit started with lunch on their rooftop, followed by a tour of the offices, then the interviews. Four, 45min interviews with a 15min break after the first two. Half were algorithm/data-structure related, the other half was design/behavioral.

Got contacted the week after the interviews with the offer.

It wasn't easy, but it wasn't impossible either.

Interview Questions

• A question asking you to solve a real-world, Homeaway related problem using Java. Don't remember the exact details of it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recent graduate so I did not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vrbo (Austin, TX (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process is well organized. They organized a welcome dinner in downtown Austin for you to network with employees and the interview take place next day.

There are 2 45 minutes interviews and they are painfully easy. I ended up writing about 10 lines of code. I believe it depends on interviewers but the difficulty should be tuned up because challenging interviews do give the candidate the impression that the company is prestigious.

Interview Questions

• Describe how would you design recommendation system for HomeAway   1 Answer
    • Design a card, a deck of card in OOP and write shuffle method assuming you have a random function. Write the code   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.