Vulcan Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Vulcan

2.9

Associate Measurement and Evaluation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Vulcan (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Started with a short phone screening by HR. Mostly questions about how well you knew/admired the company and its work. Then had an in-person meeting with the hiring manager over coffee. Seemed like the organization was going through a lot of transition and a lot of the questions were based around dealing with changes/ambiguity.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Vulcan (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online, and met with the recruiters during the University Career Fair. They contacted me about a month and half later and had a video interview with the team Project Manager and the Lead analyst, and second interview with the Recruiting Manager.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral questions to ask about how do you approach situations in the workplace. Cannot disclose details due to NDA.   Answer Question

Program Advancement and Development Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Vulcan (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Initial screening call by Vulcan recruiter, followed by video call by hiring manager, ending in full day in-person interviews (45 minutes each) with six team members. Phone call placed to let me know I was not selected for this role.

Interview Questions

• Focused on how specific past experiences prepared me for this particular role.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Vulcan (Seattle, WA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The recruiter was very communicative and the time from application through the gamut of interviews to the rejection was fast (a month). Everyone I met was polite and professional. That being said, both the recruiter and I should've done more due diligence during the initial phone call. We went straight from the recruiter call to a 3 1/2 hour onsite. Once I made it to the on-site step and met with all of the stakeholders, it was obvious I wasn’t a fit. My skills and experiences were a semi-fit, but the work statement of their role wasn’t. It was a good learning opportunity on improving my due diligence questioning.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter who gave me an overview of the org, its history, and the role.

Scheduling was very easy, they worked with me to accommodate my work schedule and other company interviews I was trying to navigate. Recruiter and manager were very responsive to my questions and emails.

Met with the manager of the team next to get an overview of the role and learn more about the team.

Third interview was on site, 4.5 hour loop. I enjoyed the collaborative discussions I had with folks.

Spoke further with the recruiter about the org, did a software architecture exercise round, a pair programming code exercise with a future teammate, a algorithm exercise, then got to ask any follow up questions to the manager.

Received an competitive offer shortly afterward. The manager offered to (optionally) schedule chats with two engineers on adjacent teams to learn more about their Vulcan experiences. Took the time to meet up with them to ask more questions about the day-to-day, and then accepted the offer!

Interview Questions

• Pair programming and unit test exercise with a future teammate   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vulcan.

Interview

The interview process was straightforward, efficient, and quite comfortable, which was especially nice from a candidate experience perspective. I received a screening call from the senior recruiter where we discussed the company, the project overview, and any questions I had. A few weeks later I had an on-site interview with members of the team which covered one technical portion and a couple more general personality-type and team-oriented sessions. The contacts throughout the process were responsive and great communicators who made sure I had all the information I needed at each step. I was impressed by how much care they put into the candidates during the process.

Interview Questions

• What would be your ideal style for running a group in this setting?   Answer Question

Interview

Fairly quick process. One phone call with recruiter and one on-site interview. Very personable and great communication from everyone at Vulcan. I heard back within a few days of the on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• What's an example of how you dealt with a disagreement with a colleague?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vulcan (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied online, and within a day I heard back from a recruiter, arranging a phone call for the following day, where I learned about the organization and the position and shared my background and reasons for seeking the role. After that I was invited to do a video phone interview with the hiring manager, where we dived into depth on the job, the project and what I could contribute to it (including my knowledge and skill level). A few days later the recruiter checked in, and invited to me the in-person interview. The in-person was 4 hours including a lunch break, where I met with 4 sets of people, all of whom were very kind and the conversations were illuminating. There were some technical questions, including a pair programming exercise. This was an incredibly smooth and positive interview process.

Interview Questions

• Now that you know more about the various aspects of the project, where would you best contribute?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Vulcan.

Interview

Outstanding. One of the best interviews I have ever experienced. Jason was an awesome recruiter providing updates frequently and always answering questions directly without sugar-coating. Then the hiring manager followed-up with a personal email that made it hard to not accept the offer.

Highlight: they moved quickly - total time from initial contact to offer was less than a month.

Interview Questions

• This was not a very structured interview - just conversations.   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Vulcan (Seattle, WA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

The most pleasant, positive and organized interview process that I have experienced in my 20 year career in the software industry. The job description was well written. The HR department was organized and prompt. I always knew what the next step would be in the process. It was clear who I would be reporting to and also what the expectations would be for the first year.

I especially appreciated the first meeting over coffee with a member from the leadership team.

The engineering team are individuals who are experts in their discipline and are humble and approachable. Immediately, it was clear to me that the job opportunity was like finding a rare gem. The team members enjoy hard work and execute on tasks without unnecessary stress.

I have ranked the interviews as easy because they asked questions directly related to the job description. A better ranking term would probably be fair--they know what they are looking for and asked related questions to the job description. I think that is fair! Which is greatly appreciated.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.