Walmart Staff Software Engineer/Or Similar Level Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Walmart Staff Software Engineer/Or Similar Level Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

1 Interview Review

Staff Software Engineer/Or Similar Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bengaluru) in August 2015.

Interview

Called for face to face interview directly. I reached there on time and interviewer is waiting for me. Initially he asked questions about my experience, current project etc. Then he asked one algorithm question which looks interesting and I tried to solve. I answered the question with some specific data structure and algorithm, but some how he is not convinced with my answer. he try to find bugs in my answer but some how I am able to write pseudo code where he could not find any bug, but still he was asking "can you thing any other solution ?". By the time one hour is over and he left the room. I waited outside for 15-20 minutes and then called for next round. This round the interviewer asked simple questions and I am able to answer all questions with correct answers. I waited outside or another 20 minutes and HR come and told I am not selected.

Few questions in my mind.

1. I believe I got rejected because the first interviewer does not like my answer. But for me at least people ask logical / algorithm questions to understand the thought process of the candidate. Later I found that the question he asked was a standard one and there is a standard answer for that. Since I dont know the answer I think my self and find my own answer which I believe should be considered good. The interviewer could not even find a bug in my code as well, where I believe he was expecting i should study all algorithm questions answer standard answers.

2. If the first person does not like me then why should they go for the second round at all. They could send me home directly.

This was really a bad experience for me.

Interview Questions

• Process a prefix expression.   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.