Walmart Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 23 May 2019

2.8

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The interviewer was cordial and made sure I feel compfortable. The whole experience was ok. Inital questions were focussed on the Latest acquisitions and any technological developments. Make sure to read news regarding the company the day of interview. I could not answer one acquisiion that happened the day of my interview. Next, some Work prioritization cases followed by Favorite products - why and improvements, Worst products - why and improvements.

Interview Questions

• Latest acquisitions and technological developments. Work prioritization case. Favorite products - why and improvements. Worst products - why and improvements.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Not well organized. On-site meetings were setup without inviting the right folks.

The questions that folks asked were vague at times.

At one point one of the interviewers raised his voice, which I thought was incredibly rude.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in November 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and scheduled an HR phone screen and gave me the Job ID. During the interview, she said the job is at Arkansas location. I told her that on the career page the location is listed as San Bruno. She said she will confirm the location via email after the call. She asked standard questions like tell me about yourself, why Walmart, salary expectation etc. She said she will pass my information to the hiring manager and reach out to me if I get selected for the next round. An hour later, she called me and said that the job she interviewed me for was in fact located in San Bruno and has already been closed. She added that since she already did the initial screen, I can move forward for other openings that she is working on. I asked her if she could tell me which ones they were and she said she has a lot of openings and cannot tell me which ones fit my profile and that I should just go and apply online.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why Walmart, Salary expectation   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Somewhat easy but worked through a Walmart recruiter and there was disconnects on meeting times. One phone screen, one skype interview and one in person. Everyone I met with was friendly and excited to work at WM and be involved with a growing part of the business.

Interview Questions

• What would your current employer say about you that is positive and negative.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I had applied online and got a mail from the HR regarding telephonic interview schedule. I received the call on stipulated time, interviewer was very clear with the questions. It was around 25 mins call. I cleared the telephonic round and I am scheduled for face to face interview next.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the role of product manager? His work in collaboration with other cross functional teams like - product designer, UX team, test team etc   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

it was ok I thought everything was interesting about it. pretty much standard. it was what an interview was they ask question and then you answer them. very enjoyed it.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

You can expect standard Product Manager interview questions like estimation, product improvement, and behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult. Gather information about the company that you can use in the answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Bengaluru) in December 2014.

Interview

- Applied through a 3rd party consultant.
    - Broken processes
    - No contact for 4 weeks after telephonic round
    - They call you suddenly asking for an interview slot
    - After indicating +ve feedback verbally, their budgets go down and say cant extend offer
    - Mum for 2 months
    - Again suddenly they call saying they have a opening in a new team
    - Takes 1 more month to roll out the offer with no info shared during that 1 month

In all it was 4 month frustrating experience. True indication of elephant sized org's and how process is king compared to agility.

Very easy interview.

- Business case
    - Guesstimates
    - Situation based questions
    - Behavioural
    - Questions based on current work experience

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart (Bengaluru) in July 2015.

Interview

HR, 2 technical and 1 managerial round. 1 round from Walmart US. HR first will send resumes to technical panel for screening once it is selected then interview will be scheduled for telecom round and follows as mentioned above in first line.

Interview Questions

• Why do want to join Walmart not a consulting firm.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Walmart India never negotiates after generating offer. Better you clearly mention your expectation during HR interview

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart in May 2010.

Interview

I only went through 2 phone interviews - ending with the hiring manager. HR was not well prepared and decided that we had already conducted an interview, despite never contacting me. The organization is very hierarchical and has a reputation for burning its workers out. It is a great brand and looks great on a resume. Pay is below the rest of the Valley.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.