Walmart Product Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Walmart Product Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

2.9

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Both manager interview as well as panel interview was not very stressful. They prepare you well with the questions that will be asked. Most questions are situational / behavioral based questions. Be sure to use the STAR method for responding.

Interview Questions

• What would your most recent manager say your strengths and weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

You can expect standard Product Manager interview questions like estimation, product improvement, and behavioral questions. Nothing too difficult. Gather information about the company that you can use in the answers.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Somewhat easy but worked through a Walmart recruiter and there was disconnects on meeting times. One phone screen, one skype interview and one in person. Everyone I met with was friendly and excited to work at WM and be involved with a growing part of the business.

Interview Questions

• What would your current employer say about you that is positive and negative.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I had applied online and got a mail from the HR regarding telephonic interview schedule. I received the call on stipulated time, interviewer was very clear with the questions. It was around 25 mins call. I cleared the telephonic round and I am scheduled for face to face interview next.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the role of product manager? His work in collaboration with other cross functional teams like - product designer, UX team, test team etc   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

it was ok I thought everything was interesting about it. pretty much standard. it was what an interview was they ask question and then you answer them. very enjoyed it.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in November 2017.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me and scheduled an HR phone screen and gave me the Job ID. During the interview, she said the job is at Arkansas location. I told her that on the career page the location is listed as San Bruno. She said she will confirm the location via email after the call. She asked standard questions like tell me about yourself, why Walmart, salary expectation etc. She said she will pass my information to the hiring manager and reach out to me if I get selected for the next round. An hour later, she called me and said that the job she interviewed me for was in fact located in San Bruno and has already been closed. She added that since she already did the initial screen, I can move forward for other openings that she is working on. I asked her if she could tell me which ones they were and she said she has a lot of openings and cannot tell me which ones fit my profile and that I should just go and apply online.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, Why Walmart, Salary expectation   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Not well organized. On-site meetings were setup without inviting the right folks.

The questions that folks asked were vague at times.

At one point one of the interviewers raised his voice, which I thought was incredibly rude.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The interviewer was cordial and made sure I feel compfortable. The whole experience was ok. Inital questions were focussed on the Latest acquisitions and any technological developments. Make sure to read news regarding the company the day of interview. I could not answer one acquisiion that happened the day of my interview. Next, some Work prioritization cases followed by Favorite products - why and improvements, Worst products - why and improvements.

Interview Questions

• Latest acquisitions and technological developments. Work prioritization case. Favorite products - why and improvements. Worst products - why and improvements.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

The first step in the process was a phone screen of roughly 30 minutes. After that, there was a series of interviews with different members of the team I'd be working with.

Interview Questions

• What were the highlights from my past experience as a product manager, and in each case, what did I learn/achieve.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Bengaluru) in April 2020.

Interview

I was approached by the HR and was provided with a case study. I was given 5 days to solve it. Then a case presentation was scheduled. I took my time to do the case and had a case presentation with one senior PM and a junior one. The overall experience was negative.
    - The HR was not on time with communication. When first round was over, I was told the HR will contact me with further details but they didn't. But I had read other negative reviews before, so I call them myself and got the feedback.
    - The senior interviewer was not polite. The person did not introduce himself. He joined 10 mins late. He started the discussion saying that we do not have enough time. It seemed to me he was less interested in the approach ( usually that is what is looked for in PM interview). He looked for specific things but did not contradict or asked me deeper questions either
    - No questions were asked on the work that I do, any questions asked me by was countered by saying we do not have much time.
    - I wanted to know more about the role, if even the interviewer has decided to reject, he should try to sincerely answer the question. I felt his rush there as well.

I had seen many bad interview reviews for Walmart and hoped I did not have to face the same. But I faced exactly that.

Interview Questions

• What metrics will the feature impact?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.