Walt Disney Animation Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Walt Disney Animation Studios Interview Questions

Interviews at Walt Disney Animation Studios

2.9

Color Designer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Interview

It was a remote video interview with an art director. It was much more like a conversation rather than the traditional interview questions. Other than asking me about my experience with the programs they use in production, there wasn't anything else. Super nice and friendly, but was very honest with me. I was in the middle of finishing my degree and was not already in the area to begin as soon as possible, so the timing just wasn't quite right.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

To quote Scar himself - Be prepared!

This is a multi step process, with multiple visits to the office. I had around 7 interviews that consisted of calls, 1 on 1s or up to 6 people panel interviews. The panel interviews were nice and very easy because the teams were really down to earth and easy to speak to, the 1 on 1s were a little more intense because they were with senior staff.

The process takes weeks, mine was roughly around 4 weeks and had I not pushed for an answer sadly maybe even longer. Unfortunately, some internal changes prevented me from being right for the role and they hired someone else.

It's a hard process to go though and some what emotionally draining but if things go well you can gain some really good experience and leave a lasting impression for future roles.

Interview Questions

• What is your super power?   Answer Question
    • What is your style of leadership and how do you want to be led?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you felt someone was being treated unfairly by a senior member of staff?   Answer Question

, Technology: Research Summer 2018 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

HR contacted me via email and then two weeks later a tech lead called me for a phone interview. We talked about 30min. The phone interview was quick and direct.

Interview Questions

• The phone interview was mainly on two programming projects I did in courses. Questions include why do you do this project and how to implement.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Interview

After submitting the application online I was notified about a phone interview. This revolved around discussing different aspects of my resume in more depth. For the next round I had a Skype interview with one team member. For the final round, I had an interview via Skype with entire Marketing team. Questions were around why I would be a good fit, why I was interested in the field, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent ad you saw that you are really interested in and why?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

You meet with about 4-5 managers to talk about your background and some situational questions. If you make it to the top 2-3 then you have a second round of interviews with HR and Sr VP Finance

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Interview

I applied online and waited quite a while, and was contacted by a recruiter via email a few months later. I was scheduled for a fairly easy half-hour video interview. They asked a few basic questions about myself and my portfolio. The interviewers were conversational, very nice. The majority of the interview was spent with them giving me information about the company, their department's role, and the projects they're currently working on which I would potentially help out with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disney?   1 Answer

Low compensation, especially to be living in the Burbank area.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and 10 days later I got invited by HR to have a phone screen. The interview was very conversational and the HR was very very nice, best phone interview experience ever! She not only asked me question, but told me a lot of information about the company, position and the project.

Interview Questions

• who choose this school? why disney? what skill can you bring on table?   Answer Question

Management Position Interview

Interview

Casual interview. They are getting a pulse on your true convictions with regards to the project and working with the team. Be sincere and eager to embrace a collaborative environment.

Web Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Burbank, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied in late February and received a phone screening request about a month later. The phone screening was with a recruiter, and she just went through my resume and asked me for more details about each item on my resume. Mostly technical questions. A week and a half later, I received a request for a video interview via Montage and a week after that I received another request for a third interview (also over Montage, because I was not near Burbank). Both of my video interviews were with my potential employers/supervisors and were more oriented to learning who I was (and less about my technical abilities). They were very conversational. I just was myself and had fun with it and made conversation with my interviewers about Disney. A week later I received a random phone call by my recruiter, who asked me a few follow up questions and then offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and how would you improve upon it?   Answer Question

Character TD Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Burbank, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I had been applying for 2 years for their internship program. So the dept leads were aware of my progress. After graduating, I decided to apply for the Character TD apprentice position, a full time paid position for upto a year at Walt Disney.
    I was selected for an interview. While the interview slot was for 1.5 hours, my interview lasted only 8 mins, start to finish. My panel had 3 interviewers: 1 rigging supervisor who knew my work well and had given me valuable tips to improve my work in the past. the second was an animator and the other was a technical animator.
    They saw my reel and asked me just one technical question about the reel. Once I explained what they had asked, they wanted to know in which part of the pipeline my technique would fit. My third question was... "do you have any questions for us?"
    And that was it... I got a call in a couple of days conveying their decision to bring me on as a character TD apprentice.

This interview was far more relaxed and easier than any other interview I had attended. Very casual mood, but also technical and very specific to my demo reel.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us? (the face that this was the third question, 7 mins into the interview)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I left the expected salary lank as this was my first job after graduation. I had no idea how much to put there.
    The final compensation is on the lower side. I wish now that I had put in a number there and left it to them to decide how much to pay me.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.