Walt Disney Animation Studios Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Walt Disney Animation Studios Interview Questions

Interviews at Walt Disney Animation Studios

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

2 rounds interview. First was via phone and second was on-site. During the phone interview, we talked about several projects I did before, the reason why I am applying Disney animation studio, programming skills. On site interview included many rounds. They are technical staffs in the studio. They are very friendly and asked about many questions about my professional experience.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is specially difficult. All the staffs are very gentle and nice. Some questions about the technical details are the most difficult ones. I cannot remember the specific questions they asked at that time. Some questions about programming were also very interesting and requires carefully thinking.   Answer Question

CG Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Burbank, CA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Interview was a 2 part , 2 panel, in person interview that lasted one hour total. It took much preparation. For the interview itself, the tone was professional and very on topic with much information being exchanged from both sides. But it was not difficult, was very conversational in tone, and all the panelists were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• The questions pertained to ones personal experiences, so there arent any "stock" interview questions to prepare for, with the exception off maybe one or two typical interview questions , such as " what have you been doing since your last job?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Brief. The offer was good and was accepted because it was very fair.

Web Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Burbank, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied in late February and received a phone screening request about a month later. The phone screening was with a recruiter, and she just went through my resume and asked me for more details about each item on my resume. Mostly technical questions. A week and a half later, I received a request for a video interview via Montage and a week after that I received another request for a third interview (also over Montage, because I was not near Burbank). Both of my video interviews were with my potential employers/supervisors and were more oriented to learning who I was (and less about my technical abilities). They were very conversational. I just was myself and had fun with it and made conversation with my interviewers about Disney. A week later I received a random phone call by my recruiter, who asked me a few follow up questions and then offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness and how would you improve upon it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Interview

I applied online and waited quite a while, and was contacted by a recruiter via email a few months later. I was scheduled for a fairly easy half-hour video interview. They asked a few basic questions about myself and my portfolio. The interviewers were conversational, very nice. The majority of the interview was spent with them giving me information about the company, their department's role, and the projects they're currently working on which I would potentially help out with.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disney?   1 Answer

Low compensation, especially to be living in the Burbank area.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Interview

Phone call interview

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Burbank, CA (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Lots of Disney corporate hoops to jump through before I was able to interview with the studio. Had to fill out multiple forms online and work with a recruiter for 2 weeks before getting an interview date.
    Did 5 interviews in 1 day with and got them all out of the way at once. Interviews ranged from job specific questions to bigger picture of how the departments fit and work together.

Interview Questions

• How experienced are you with rpm spec files and patching software   Answer Question

Negotiation

Took 2 weeks after the interviews to get an offer. I didn't need to negotiate because they offered more than the base I was seeking.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and 10 days later I got invited by HR to have a phone screen. The interview was very conversational and the HR was very very nice, best phone interview experience ever! She not only asked me question, but told me a lot of information about the company, position and the project.

Interview Questions

• who choose this school? why disney? what skill can you bring on table?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Interview

After submitting the application online I was notified about a phone interview. This revolved around discussing different aspects of my resume in more depth. For the next round I had a Skype interview with one team member. For the final round, I had an interview via Skype with entire Marketing team. Questions were around why I would be a good fit, why I was interested in the field, etc.

Interview Questions

• What is a recent ad you saw that you are really interested in and why?   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I asked, showed my work, and the answered back months later. The allowed me to come in in person. It was amazing to meet the staff. I dressed in a nice shirt and jeans. They complemented me on my hair. They said it would be the greatest pleasure having me; I’ve never heard that before!

Interview Questions

• Q: How long have you had experience as an animator?   1 Answer

Production Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Animation Studios (Burbank, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

I had been applying to Disney for years, I had had one other interview for a different position in the past, but it wasn't the right position for me and I'm glad it didn't work out. My first interview was for the WDAS, but the interview was held at Disney Corporate down the street, which I felt was much more difficult, less friendly, and less welcoming.

It wasn't until this position that I felt my resume supported my enthusiasm. I had used CTN as a great resource in meeting and getting to know the recruitment team (Who are a wonderful and very respectable group of people). They were very helpful in reviewing my resume and helping me understand exactly what they wanted in production hires. When the right position was open, my resume was mentioned in the hiring process and I was asked to interview.

I was told that I would have a panel interview by five production supervisors within a half-hour. The day of, however, I received an email with an update mentioning that I might have up to fourteen people interviewing me. In the end I had three back-to-back interviews with a total of nine people in all, over the course of two and a half hours. It was the most laid-back and easy interview I've ever had. I got to spend time with people who shared similar interests, geek out about production, and, well, enjoy being at Disney! I think it's important to mention though, that I'd visited the studio many times previously and so I was comfortable and familiar with being there - which was probably a huge factor in my lack of stress during the interview.

They had a lot of people to interview for many positions similar to mine, so it took them three weeks before I got the call with the job offer. I accepted, couldn't be happier!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in production for animation as apposed to live action?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.