Walt Disney Imagineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Walt Disney Imagineering Interview Questions

Interviews at Walt Disney Imagineering

2.6

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering.

Interview

Somewhat brief straight-forward process. Applied online and was emailed within a few weeks to schedule a phone screen with HR. Phone screen leads to call back of scheduling in-person interview the same week. Internship offered the next day.

Project Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering.

Interview

I applied for the position online and within two months I got an email from a PM on a project asking me for an interview. We set it up for the next day. We talked, hung up, and within two weeks I was contacted by HR with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work potentially graveyard shifts?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online, and reached out to a contact I had at the company. After a brief screening interview with a recruiter I found out that I had made it to the next round. I completed a 45 minute Blue Jeans interview with two staff members about a week later.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering (New York, NY (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

Interviewer was not a software engineer and was completely unable to answer any questions about the internship experience for software engineers, such as the typical day of an intern, or types of responsibilities.

Master PLanner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering in March 2019.

Interview

One received first-round technical interview over the phone. 15-minute max. Simple questions talked about some projects that you are most proud of, rank your technical software skills. Asked all but 4 questions, one of them was skipped during my interview.
    The interview itself was easy, but make sure you have already a strong portfolio, resume, etc. They are looking for a very niche group of people.

Interview Questions

• Rank from 1-10 skills in AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a project that you are most proud of?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your strengths.   1 Answer
    • Tell me something that we have not discussed yet that you would want your managers to know about you.   1 Answer

Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

I submitted my Professional Internship application one week after the position was posted. The next day my application was moved from "Under Review" to "In Consideration". I then received a phone call asking about my availability for a BlueJeans Video Conference Interview (because I live outside of Florida). A few days later I had my interview and spoke to a team of Imagineers. The BlueJeans video system did not connect so my video conference interview ended up being a 30 minute phone call. The following Monday I received a phone call with an offer followed by an official email. The total process, sending in the application to receiving an offer, took around 2-3 weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering (Glendale, CA (US)).

Interview

Two interviews with HR and three with technical management on the team. Mostly discussed my previous experience and the needs of the position. The process from initial contact to offer was about 5 months. Not much room to negotiate offers.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering (Anaheim, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I applied via their online website. About a month later was contact and asked to come in for a meeting. I lived in Florida and the job and office was in California. I quickly informed them and they were very accommodating to hold a blue jeans (Skype) interview which went very smooth.

They asked me about my work and process for my art, my experiences and jobs I loved the most. They were very friendly and welcomed my questions with open arms and clear answers. Overall was a very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your process when creating a new piece of art?   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a collaborative environment?   Answer Question
    • What previous jobs have you had and out of those which did you find to be the most rewarding?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Imagineering (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online and got initial phone screen notice in early may. The non-reply email provided a link which you can pick the time, but the time limit is just 2 days. I chose the day after. The call was on time and the lady was nice. After questions about starting time and work permit, there were just basic information and several personality questions, like relevant experiences and skill proficiency.

Interview Questions

• Describe relevant experiences that make you a good candidate   Answer Question

Art & Media Pipeline Developer Interview

Interview

A recruiter reached out to arrange a phone screen via email but never called when the time came. He responded to an email follow-up a few hours later, apologizing that he had been in a meeting and asking to reschedule.

After positive feedback from the phone screen, I was told they'd contact me the next week to arrange the first formal interview.

3 weeks later, they reached out to schedule a video interview with my would-be manager. The interview went well and the interviewer was very friendly. After words of encouragement, I was told to expect a decision in the next week.

I didn't hear back so I emailed a follow-up 2 weeks later. There was no reply so I emailed again another 2 weeks later, at which point the recruiter called to say that, although I had received very positive feedback, they were looking for someone to start immediately (my preferred start-date was several months later) so they had already filled the position but would reach out, should a position open up closer to when I'm available. Very understandable but the lack of communication throughout the process was frustrating, especially since I could have started earlier if needed.

Overall, I've had 5 interviews with Disney... two have been rescheduled due to recruiter no-shows, one started 30 minutes late and two were on time. The interviews (and employees)themselves have always been pleasant but their recruiting process is extremely disorganized (and unresponsive) compared to other companies, likely because they are overworked.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.