Wells Fargo Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Wells Fargo

7,028 Interview Reviews

2.8

Personal Banker I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Three total Interviews. First interview is over the phone with n HR rep. Second interview was a group interview with some higher-ups. Third interview is with the manager of the branch you will be considered for hiring.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer and exceded their expectations."   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

Series of group interviews, if you are chosen you then move to a one on one interview with the branch managers at the branch that you are going to work at.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time you dealt with an unhappy customer and turned their mood into a positive.   Answer Question

WIM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

Applied in November. Interviewed over the phone in March and April and was offered the day after my second interview. Also had to complete a short answer question in December.

Interview Questions

Interview

One interview and very nice people to talk to. They want to know if you really want the job. I would
    Recommend them to others. Interview was not hard but just need to prepare

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chandler, AZ (US)

Interview

Recruiter screens and makes recommendations to hiring manager. Hiring manager interviews in a panel style interview.
    Recruiter follows up to make an offer.
    Communication was vague during the process, and the timeline continued to change. No one let me know that I was being declined even though I had spoken to the hiring manager several times. I got an automated rejection email.

Corporate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wells Fargo.

Interview

I understand this is a large organization and that the interview experience will be different depending on the role and business unit. The position I interviewed for was a more specialized senior level back office role in a somewhat specialized business unit. The process started with a simple phone screen where I did most of the talking. This was followed by two video conferences (during the pandemic) which turned out to be the most ridiculous interviews I have experienced in my career, prompting me to write this harsh review. First, instead of coordinating a convenient day and time for the second-round interview, the business unit leader emailed me directly with both the day and time this person wanted to speak, and asked me only to confirm I would be available. The lack of courtesy and regard for my time was concerning, but I went along with it and adjusted my calendar accordingly to accommodate the request. The business unit leader and someone from this person’s team spoke to me in the first conference which lasted 90 minutes. There was a strict “script” that had to be followed and I was asked boilerplate questions throughout; however, the business unit leader kept interrupting me, kept “going off script” and made bizarre statements throughout. This person kept reiterating that the company is “highly regulated” and therefore the script must be followed for audit and other purposes, yet this person kept going “of script”. This person also harped on the company’s and the team’s diversity which, as a person of color, I found disingenuous. Regardless, I felt I may not be the right candidate for the role given my understanding of this person’s needs – so you can imagine my surprise when I received a second request from the same business unit leader to speak again for a third round interview on a date and time already selected for me. I again adjusted my calendar to accommodate the request, and again, it was more of the same. In fact, this same person cut me off repeatedly and even got loud with me at times while the other participant remained respectful. By the end of this conference, after 3 hours of interviewing with this person, it was clear I wanted nothing to with this role or working with that individual. I never followed up and did receive a boilerplate rejection email several weeks later. The fact this company allows certain managers to go unchecked and conduct interviews in this unprofessional manner was disturbing, and I will certainly take this into account should I ever decide to apply for a position at this organization in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in your career where you have had to handle an time-sensitive emergency.   Answer Question

Bank Teller Interview

Interview

Manager was nice and polite. Sat down asked simple questions like what skills do I have to bring to this job. In total they asked 7 questions briefly described they're position and thanked me for the interview. The total interview was probably 25 minutes.

Customer Success Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wells Fargo (Sacramento, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied online, got an email the same day to schedule an interview. Had the phone interview the next day. It was super easygoing, just your basic questions about your experience, why Wells Fargo, etc. Got an offer two days later.

Risk & Compliance Interview

Interview

Very behavioral based questions. Interviewer was nice and easy going. Felt like a conversation rather than an interview. Be confident and be your self, I think that all they want to see.

Interview Questions

Interview

Superday-- over the course of two days. Case study/presentation. Technical questions were straightforward (high-level markets predominantly). More holistic interviews. Personable interviewers as well. Overall, positive experience-- very standard for summer analyst interviews.

Interview Questions

• One/two brainteasers, some technical, mainly qualitative, personal/resume related questions.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.