Western Digital Firmware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Western Digital Firmware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for a on site interview, the interview lasted for 3 hours and was interviewed by 6 people, half hour each. The first two of them went well but rest 4 were really bad.

Interview Questions

• even though knowing that i was from Electrical Engineering background they kept asking me core computer science algorithms which i didn't had much answer to.
    I don't remember exactly the questions but it was some hardcore algorithm they wanted me to come up with.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application at the school job fair in the Fall and was offered an interview via e-mail in the Spring. Confirmation was through an HR representation through the phone. An e-mail received was my appointment date and time along with the 5 engineers from firmware engineer to senior principal engineer that will be interviewing me. There is parking with free validation..

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Fundamental questions regarding C programming, static constructors, implementation of methods. Terminologies and description based on resume.   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was six interviewer. Three of them asked technical questions and three of them asked a behavioral question. It was 5 hours interview each interviewer had 45 minutes to interview. It was a hard interview. one interview was during lunch which was relaxing.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview process started with setting up a phone screening over email with one of the recruiters. The phone screening consisted of simple technical questions and also questions about my background and my resume. After the phone screening, I was given a Hackerrank exam in which I was tested on my knowledge of hardware, software, and embedded control systems.
    A few weeks after completing the exam, I was emailed by the recruiter to set up a set of interviews with team members from Western Digital. I interviewed with three members of the same team, which consisted of one technical interview and two behavioral interviews, each lasting about 15 minutes and had no relation to the other. After about a week and a half after the interviews I received my results from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is the Nyquist frequency?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I received an email requesting that I take an online assessment. I was notified a few days later that I was invited for an onsite interview consisting of four 45 min rounds.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you prior experience taken from my resume followed by white boarding   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Chandler, AZ (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview with HR. I took a skills test a few days after. Lastly, I was interviewed by 3 Senior Engineers with an extensive background in Firmware Architecture. They made it clear all they wanted to know was what I don't know. All 3 engineers were kind and understood an intern isn't supposed to know everything. They just want to know if you're a quick learner.

Interview Questions

• If you had to write a software program that took 3 inputs and returns if a triangle can be made with those 3 inputs, what are the requirements for the program's inputs?   2 Answers

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2012.

Interview

It was a very quick one.
    You get 2 phone interviews, 1 from the senior engineer and 1 from the HR.
    You will be first contacted by the senior engineer to talk about yourself, you skills, you goal and motivation.
    Then the HR will call you after 2/3 days to tell you if you are accepted, when you will be available to start, and tell you a little bit about the company.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about yourself.
      What is your interest?
      What is your goal?   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Migdal Tefen (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Western Digital (Migdal Tefen (Israel)) in April 2017.

Interview

two very nice people interviewed me.
    questions about pre proccessing and compilation
    bitwise questions
    asked some technical questions about variables types
    interested in specific engineering challenges that I faced when building my projects

Interview Questions

• how to to count number of 1s in binary representation of an integer (8 bits) without loops   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kfar Saba (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Kfar Saba (Israel)) in September 2017.

Interview

Contacted a recruiter via contact details I've got at an university event and was invited for the first technical interview at the company HQ (SanDisk) after a few days. The interviewer was very nice and polite, explained about the position and offered to ask any questions I had. Difficulty of the questions was fairly standard.
    Unfortunately I got an (negative) answer only after 1 month, which is way too long time.

Interview Questions

• Given a function that generates a random integer in the range of [0, MAX), write a function that gets an integer x as input and returns a random integer in [0, x).   2 Answers
    • Same thing as in previous question just this time you're given a range and the value x should be excluded from this range.   Answer Question
    • Last question was quite complex in details (and I don't remember them now exactly) but basically required you to design an interface of read\write functions to a user supplying virtual addresses and you're given several flash blocks with their own read\write\delete interface and limitations to implement this. Last part is to determine complexity of the operations as a function of the flash storage size.   1 Answer

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in November 2017.

Interview

I have got a phone call from the HR of the company.
    She told me in short about the company and the team that i'm gonna be interviewed for and than she set an interview.
    My interview included two professional questions.
    The interview lasted 2 hours approx.
    2-3 days later i have got an answer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.