Western Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Western Digital Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.8

Program Manager Interview

Interview

initial screening via phone interview. high level review of resume - to clarify responsibilities and years of experience. second level of interview involved four different people. interviewers included hiring manager, peers of the position, a new hire, and the director of the group,

LAUNCH Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed in November 2019 for the Irvine location.

I applied online and got an email from about 2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview with a different recruiter. This recruiter did not call me at the scheduled time so I had to reschedule. The second time around, I was actually able to have the phone interview. Interviewer seemed very disinterested and sounded like they were reading from a script.

The next step was a online assessment that the interviewer said they would email me a link to by the end of the next day. That entire week goes by and I do not hear anything. I try to get in contact with the person who originally emailed me as well as the person who interviewed me but hear nothing back. Another week goes by for a total of two weeks of no contact. At this point, I assume the worst and move on. I go on LinkedIn to search for new jobs and see the person who interviewed me started a new role at a different company.

Very frustrating experience for me and very unprofessional behavior from Western Digital. If they were going to let me slip through the cracks because of someone's incompetence, they could have sent me a rejection email at the very least.

Interview Questions

• Talked about my resume. Prepare a STAR matrix for the phone interview and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

I applied online and after one month a phone interview with a manager and another engineer was set. They were majoring form electrical engineering and asking some mechanical engineering questions and didn't understand it.

Launch Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Digital in August 2020.

Interview

Was contacted by a university recruiter on Piazza, asking me to apply for the Launch program because they were impressed by my Piazza profile (yada yada, typical recruiting stuff). Took about 2-3 weeks after applying before they responded asking me to set up at time to speak with a recruiter for 30 minutes.

Had a pretty good conversation with the recruiter, they just ask basic stuff like "Why did you get into computer science?" and then answer questions you might have. They also mentioned other positions (that weren't even posted) and asked if I'd be interested in them. Ends with being told it should take 3-4 weeks for the teams to look at my resume and decide to go into the next round of interviews.

Firmware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter did a short phone interview then was scheduled for an onsite on Webex halfway during the interview I was told two of the interview panel could not make it then waited for final interviewer but they never showed up then never heard back from them

Interview Questions

• was questions about my resume during phone interview but signed nada for onsite   Answer Question

Data Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in June 2020.

Interview

Recruiter was rude and unprofessional. No greetings or closing in emails, During the interview, he cut me off when I asked how he was doing in the beginning. Ghosted with no response after interview.

SDR Interview

Interview

The Interview process was great. It was a three step process, first was with an outside recruiter who asked preliminary sales questions. Move to step two which was a virtual interview with an SDR lead (potentially the leader of your team) and the third step was a virtual interview with the manager of Inside Sales.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Went through phone interview and took the online assessment. Phone interview was about 10 minutes. Asked about why do you want to work here and are you willing to relocation. Online assessment has questions regarding bit manipulations, solving simple programming problems, and circuits.

Ramp Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter that reached out to me and had a quick behavioral interview and told me to do the coding challenge as soon as possible. Not knowing that the coding challenge was kind of hard, I did it as soon as I can without preparing.

Interview Questions

• Online coding challenge with a lot of multiple choice and two coding problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

phone interview. This takes me 40 minutes. Totally technical questions, no BQ.
    The procedure goes fast. I received the invitation a day after I applied online. I applied for RAMP intern program.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the projects on your resume   Answer Question
    • Describe Spring framework, CRUD, AJAX, how to connect database in Spring Boot   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.