Western Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Developer Or Firmware Validation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Mysore) in August 2019.

Interview

It was good overall. 2 technical rounds based on C, arrays. Some output based questions.Operating system, networks were also asked. Questions from data structure & algorithms were also asked. In OS scheduling was basically asked.

Ramp Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter that reached out to me and had a quick behavioral interview and told me to do the coding challenge as soon as possible. Not knowing that the coding challenge was kind of hard, I did it as soon as I can without preparing.

Interview Questions

• Online coding challenge with a lot of multiple choice and two coding problems.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Went through phone interview and took the online assessment. Phone interview was about 10 minutes. Asked about why do you want to work here and are you willing to relocation. Online assessment has questions regarding bit manipulations, solving simple programming problems, and circuits.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

phone interview. This takes me 40 minutes. Totally technical questions, no BQ.
    The procedure goes fast. I received the invitation a day after I applied online. I applied for RAMP intern program.

Interview Questions

• Talk about the projects on your resume   Answer Question
    • Describe Spring framework, CRUD, AJAX, how to connect database in Spring Boot   Answer Question

Industrial Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

The interviewer was a very nice lady, and was really approachable. I would say this would have been a very nice company to work for. There seems to be many growth opportunities.

Electrical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

They first scheduled a phone interview with me and then wanted me to complete this online hackerrank assessment. If you did well on this you will be invited to their Super Day, which consists of four interview back to back.

Launch Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied back in Oct. 2019.
    Had a great phone interview with HR in November 2019.
    Standard 30 minute phone call. Questions about design, why did you get into it, standard stuff.
    Received an email mid Feburary asking for onsite interviews.
    Travel, hotel, and food all paid for, that was very nice.
    Had onsite interviews March 5th. 4, 30 minute interviews back to back.
    Two with Design heads, and two with project managers.
    Lots of questions about collaboration, teamwork views, conflict resolution, and taking criticism.

Overall, super positive experience. You can take a lot of priceless experience with you from the interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

The experience was positive. Interviewers were friendly, but interviews themselves were fast-paced and direct. Process was a little disorganized - did not hear back from company for some time.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe certain experiences/projects on your resume.
      Q: Challenge you've overcome   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter on the phone for an initial screening interview, then interviewed on site the following week. On site interviews were conducted by four full time employees in thirty minute blocks.

Interview Questions

• What line item from the financial statements best describes your personality?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

They use the hackrank performance data to match you to different team. If you score high on hardware and low on software, expect all hardware and vice versa. It is good to be honest on the hackrank as you will most likely be interviewed regardless of your score as long as you do do decent in one category.

Interview Questions

• Firmware, FPGA, Software, LC Resonance Circuit, MUX Circuit, etc.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital in February 2020.

Interview

Step 1: Brief 10 minute phone interview with HR.
    Step 2: Do a 90 minute online assessment. Had multiple choice questions involving bit manipulation, and two hackerrank coding questions that both were heavy on string parsing.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.