Western Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Western Digital Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.8

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

They use the hackrank performance data to match you to different team. If you score high on hardware and low on software, expect all hardware and vice versa. It is good to be honest on the hackrank as you will most likely be interviewed regardless of your score as long as you do do decent in one category.

Interview Questions

• Firmware, FPGA, Software, LC Resonance Circuit, MUX Circuit, etc.   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital in February 2020.

Interview

Step 1: Brief 10 minute phone interview with HR.
    Step 2: Do a 90 minute online assessment. Had multiple choice questions involving bit manipulation, and two hackerrank coding questions that both were heavy on string parsing.

RAMP Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview with HR. Got invited to take hackerrank assessment online, with questions mostly about coding, memory, and a little bit of MOSFETs. Got invited to an onsite interview consisting of 3, ~45min, one-on-one interviews. Got offer within 1 week after completing the onsite interview.

RAMP Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

Interview

Invitation message from piazza, and a few weeks later, took a test by hackerrank. It was overall knowledge of basic electrical engineering and some portion of coding problems. After that, I got invitation for on-site interview and it was 4 interviews for 45 minutes each.

University Relationships Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in February 2020.

Interview

Standard 30 min phone call over the phone with a recruiter in so cal. Called a few min late no biggie. Passed it and got called on site for a two hour interview with 2 separate people. Got there 15 min early and m interviewer came 10 min late and had no idea where to interview me. I showed her my email that was sent to me and said it was to far and snuck us into a random conference room. Finished that interview and waited in the room for 10 min for the next interview. The lady seemed very rushed and tried to get it over with. Overall very unorganized interview process.

RAMP(PM) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial stage was a 15-minute phone interview with a recruiter. It felt like a conversation more than a structured interview, although you should expect some general interview questions. I was accepted for the Superday, for which I was invited to come to the campus in San Jose. here were three back-to-back interviews, two of which were behavioral and one of which was technical.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Went to a job fair and submitted a physical resume. The recruiter at the event jotted down notes. Fast response to application, took 1-2 weeks. I was flown up to their HQ in San Jose for Super Day Interviews. There was a quick, initial open question round with a recruiter then four back-to-back 1:1 interviews.

RAMP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Short and very easy phone interview initially. No technical questions, only questions about your college career. followed by a hacker rank exam. Exam had questions about BJTs, data allocation and C coding.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite project that you have worked on so far?   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Overall, it is a pleasant process. People are very nice and welcome. And you can learn a lot from talking to them. I would recommend for applying.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Had an average length interview process. I spoke to 4 individual contributors and 1 manager.
    The tech interview were around storage industry knowledge, data center experience and the manager interview was around customer success.