Western Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Western Digital Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Western Digital (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied during Career Fair and did fairly well speaking to the recruiter. He/She informed me that there would be a Super day where many interviews would occur and would receive a programming challenge. Due to logistic issues my entry that day was lost and I was not contacted again, despite completing the programming challenge. I reapplied online and found my local position was filled and thus would have to relocate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Three back to back onsite interview with an about an hour for each person. Two people are mainly interviewing you for technical skills, while the hiring manager tells you more about the job

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Met with the hiring manager at their corporate office in Irvine. After a brief one-on-one interview with typical behavioral questions ("How do you deal with difficult people?"), I was taken into their test lab for a hardware test. They had "broken" a computer and the test was to get it running and to Google. Test was simple with typical troubleshooting techniques.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Met with recruiter at a career fair at CSUF, they brought me in for an (all day) interview with many groups, and with a long test.

Interviewed with 4 groups, 9 people total, lasting a little over 2 hours. Some questions were:
    -What is normalization (database)
    -How would you design a bowling scoring system?
    -What is the difference between an abstract class and an interface?
    -Write a function (on paper) that will multiply two numbers without using multiply.
    -Write a function (on paper) that will divide two numbers without using division.
    -Draw a state diagram of a vending machine

The test (90 minutes) included:
    -Written portion – if you were to design / implement an application, what questions would you ask to the client?
    -Logic – lots of hex conversion, write a function or psuedocode that determines the change needed from $1 & $0.53…
    -C++, what is wrong with this function, write a function that does this, know pointers, abstract functions, classes… what is difference between struct and class
    -Java – look at code, determine output at certain lines, know how to extend & implement an abstract class or interface
    -HTML – name 10 html tags, write the tags to make this table, write the tags to create this form,…
    -Javascript – difference between QueryString and Form? something like that…
    -SQL – write an sql statement that gets the count where.. blah blah
    -.Net

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. i was busy with my project when i received the phone call from HR. therefore, i didn't prepare anything for the phone interview. its not hard. HR just simply asked you some common questions regarding your major, your projects, what classes you've taken. the phone interview was pretty short.

Channel Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western Digital (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Very Straightforward - Typical STAR questions - The company is great and was looking for new candidates to fill newly created positions. Managers were receptive to new ideas and new feedback for awhile.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I wasn't able to agree with a co worker   Answer Question

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and got an email for in-person interview. I was scheduled for 1 hour with marketing director and was told we would be going out to lunch. She was 15 mins. late so we went to their "cafeteria." Met in her office over sandwiches (disgusting, BTW)

Interview Questions

• How did you do lead-generation at __ (my former employer, a Fortune 100 company)?   1 Answer

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interview by 3 groups of people. The 1st group gave me a technical questions. The 2nd and 3rd asked behavioral questions and my past experience. It did not went well when a director asked me to form a kind of presentation out of the problem he gave me.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you dealt with conflict in a team.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

I had one 1-hour phone interview and a five hour on-site interview session with four back-to-back one on one interviews and a 90 minute written exam. The staff was very friendly, relaxed, easy-going, and helpful. Enjoyed the process. The technical questions were pretty straightforward (some coding problems, performing SQL queries, basic HTML). They asked a few conceptual questions too about basic data structures (linked lists, arrays, hash tables) and search algorithms.

Negotiation

I didn't realize I could have negotiated until later.

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Round 1 - telephonic ( technical - sorting, complexity, situational questions), Onsite 6 rounds - HR, written, lunch out, 3 technical ( data structures, problem solving, puzzles, OOPs concepts)