Western Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Western Digital Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.8

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Round 1 - telephonic ( technical - sorting, complexity, situational questions), Onsite 6 rounds - HR, written, lunch out, 3 technical ( data structures, problem solving, puzzles, OOPs concepts)

Analyst II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Interview with potential boss / team members for 30 minutes each. There was a quick test on technical skills. Everyone were friendly. Feels more like chatting than interviewing. Overall: great experience

Interview Questions

• Common questions: why do i want to join, what's my outlook for next 5 years, who's the competitors, previous experience   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

It took about six months from the application to getting an interview. The interview was 4 "technical" interviews which just was vague questions about what I have done. Nothing much technical. After a month and a half of waiting and no response to any email or phone call, a generic form without my name was emailed to me explaining they didn't hire me. I was annoyed they ignored my emails- I wanted to know the status of the hiring process so I could decide whether to proceed with another job opportunity or not.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Incredibly unorganized. I applied through my school's website and was immediately asked to answer some behavioral questions. The woman I first spoke with had just learned about the internship program and couldn't answer a single question I had about the actual position itself. Further, there were 5 different, tangentially related, positions and the call was for a different one than had I applied to. I had to fill out 3-4 different sets of forms, with the same exact information (work experience, personal info, etc...) before the onsite, which was incredibly annoying. The onsite was very long - 6 back to back interviews, most of them asking the same questions again and again. The questions were all very basic, behavioral questions and were not stimulating in any way. The recruiter said she'd get back to me in 1 week. No response. I emailed her after 2 weeks. No response. I emailed her twice more regarding the reimbursement for transportation we had previously agreed on. No response. Thanks WD for agreeing to pay my $100+ uber rides, only to completely ignore my requests.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Came to college career fair and got and received an email to the a 1 hour test online. Then got a call for an on-site interview. 2 half-hour interviews, one software related, asked about my resume, and other technical questions. Then was asked to solve two coding questions on the board. The other interview was on hardware and was asked to draw a diagram of a buck converter since I mentioned it in my resume.

Interview Questions

• Relationship between voltage, current, and capacitance.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Jose, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Rapid pace interview. They clearly wanted to see how you worked under pressure. This on top of asking whiteboard coding questions. As my primary project were java based, they had me write code on a whiteboard, per the the tasks they wanted.

Interview Questions

• Mid coding question: How would you move mount Fuji?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I got a referral from an employee. Immediately got contacted by HR and was then given a Hacker Rank test. Following the test, I received a phone call interview during the end of the process. I felt like I was not prepared for this position. Hacker Rank test was nerve-wracking.

Interview Questions

• What sorting method is the best option for the given situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (New York, NY (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

HR, online test, then face to face technical interview. Everyone was very friendly and informative. The first screening interview had a few easy technical questions. Then there was the online test which was harder. Then there was a face to face skype like interview where more technical questions were asked.

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Western Digital in June 2013.

Interview

HR is very good and following up with you regarding all the interview requirements and also for the results.
    Interview was a total 3 hours long, 5 engineers interviewed me for 30 minutes each and half hour for HR representative.
    The Interview was mostly to discuss resume, work experience, academic project and skills that they would like to use in their project.
    A couple technical questions on C++, one electrical circuit problem and a few logical problem solving questions.
    Overall- a good experience

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)).

Interview

Phone interview was fairly short, asked about work/project experience, what you expect to get out of an internship. Basic questions, nothing too demanding in the phone interview.
    Following the phone interview, had an onsite interview. Onsite interview consisted of basically resume questions. Make sure you are able to answer any questions in detail (theories, steps, layout/schematics) on anything you have listed on resume. Simple technical stuff were asked, just need to know your basics.

Interview Questions

• If you were working part time and doing part time graduate school, but you could not successfully manage your time. What would you drop?   Answer Question