Western Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Western Digital Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

interview with 5 ppl and one project leader. the question is not hard, few is difficult

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in April 2015.

Interview

Very brief and concise, did not waste time with small talk, the interviewer was friendly and had an approachable personality, helpful and patient when questioned, provided detailed answers, friendly, on time for interview, invoked enthusiasm in me to work for the company, asked basic questions to get to know me on a deeper level.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself as an employee   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask for more pay

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

It was 3 interviews 30 minutes each. Two technical interviews and the last one was HR. They ask you basic algorithm questions such count the amount of 1's in a byte. Then you have to write the code on a white board. The first part of the interview was pretty good but the second involved a guy who just talk for the whole 30 minutes about what he does. Didn't ask one question. The last guy just asked basic interview question like "what do you like to do", "why are the best fit for WD". Overall, I wasn't happy with my experience due to the fact that there was a guy in my group that was wearing flip flops and untucked shirt who got the job. He got the job because he knew someone (that's what he told us). I might of not been the best candidate for the job but at least give everyone a fair chance.

Interview Questions

• Q: Count the amount of 1's in a byte   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied through employee referral for internship position for post silicon validation of chips
    Western Digital took only one phone interview for intern position.
    Conveyed decision on the phone on the same day.
    Received offer within few days.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital in August 2016.

Interview

It was a pretty standard interview process. They were really nice and seemed very genuine in person. There was three interviews. Every interview was with different team members. They asked the standard interview questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a situation when you don't know the solution.   Answer Question

IT Tech Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Interview with supervisor (job briefing) - took about 30 minutes

Interview with 2 potential co-workers (technical interview) - took about 30 minutes

Interview with Manager (personal interview) - 1 hour

All the interviews were really casual and chill. I was only nervous because it was my first interview after graduating college. Even though I felt like I didn't do great on the interviews, they were still willing to give me an opportunity. Most new hires will start off as temporary-to-perm conditions, unless they really want you.

Interview Questions

• Typical technical questions relating to IT.

What are your future goals in this field?   Answer Question

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

You have three rounds of interview. First is the supervisor, engineers, and then technicians. Know what are your strenghts and weaknesses, hardest problem you solved, know how to solve different IT problems when they are asked you. Understand different technology concepts.

Interview Questions

• If someone gave you a laptop and asked you to fix it how would you fix it? Nothing wrong with battery or power cord, and it doesn't start up.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Interview

one 20-minute video interview, the video conferencing software Cisco WebEx did not work (was sent broken link). Interview was informal and mostly behavioral, pleasant experience besides the technical issues. There was no mention of an onsite process or super day

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in April 2018.

Interview

Got referred by someone at the company and had a phone screen scheduled with someone who was previously a market analyst. I did behavioral questions and a case. The interviewer never responded to my emails about following up and I received no official information from the company (the person who referred me ultimately told me I was not selected). Very unprofessional experience.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

3 week process, basic questions, strengths/weaknesses/previous experiences etc. The process was smooth and good communication between the recruiters and the hiring managers. The interviews were about 30 minutes on average.