Western Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Western Digital Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.8

Model Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

2 rounds of phone interview asking about background and job-related skill set. The first phone call was pretty much about the resume, background. The second phone call was a interview with the group, more detailed questions.

Interview Questions

• ask about generally skill set and programming experience   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

I had a total of 9 interviews for this position - 4 phone and 5 on location in Irvine, California. Although the interviews were positive experiences, the length of time waiting for a final answer has not been. This interview process began in July, and 2+ months later, I'm still waiting for HR to notify me of WD's final decision. Each time I call to follow-up, I continue to be told a decision has not been made, and that I'm being considered still. Ultimately, this process has left me with a bad impression of the company. So unfortunate for all parties.

Interview Questions

• This job is demanding. Do you and your husband have kids?   2 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from a recruiter, scheduled an in person interview 1 week later and received an offer by the end of the week. ~2 week process

Interview Questions

• What are your personal strengths and how would those benefit our team?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Fremont, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

I was a temp. so it went well.

Administrative Assistant IV Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital (Fremont, CA (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied through Kelly services was called by the recruiter. Did a phone interview then was asked to come in to meet with the Director of the department.

Administrative Assistant IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Lake Forest, CA (US)).

Interview

A recruiter called me a few days after I submit my application and was extremely professional and really sweet. After speaking with her for just a few minutes she scheduled a phone interview with the executive I would be assisting. The phone interview lasted about 40 minutes and went very well, I was then invited on-site. I met with one of the executives coworkers and he seemed really surprised he was the only person who would be interviewing me, besides the executive. The interview went really well until about 40 minutes in when it ended really abruptly because the executive was in a meeting and wouldn't be able to meet with me that day.

I followed up several times with both the recruiter and the executive and finally 3 weeks later received an email from her saying that they decided to go in a different direction for the role.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle working for someone who can be really tough?   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at Western Digital in July 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was seamless and very casual. Everyone that I met was friendly, informative and provided engaging conversation. This is a great place to work. I have to have at least thirty words, so I am continuing on in this vein of elaborating on how much I enjoyed the interview process at Western Digital.

Human Resources Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

The interview process was good. I interviewed with multiple people on the same day. The interviewers were mindful of my time. The interviewers ask questions that I felt were relevant to the position.

Industrial Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

A Phone Call for the HR to get to know you. 2 more weeks, an WebEx interview with the design team.
    No technical questions really. Just present your portfolio. Be nice be smart be confident.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in December 2011.

Interview

had individual and panel interviews. The interviewers were professional and polite.It took them several weeks after I had applied to finally set a date with the right people in place. At first they said they are willing to accept my salary range, then when it's time for the offer, they totally low balled me and I felt some what disrespected. HR claims it was a disconnect. I had to interview with 6 people, either physically or by phone.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?
      what do you know about hard drives?
      what is your tech background?
      how well are you connected to the semi conductor industry?
      What are your language skills?
      How to do handle working with difficult people?
      You are required to be at work by 9, and may need to be on conference calls into the evening, are you ok with that?   Answer Question