Western Digital Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Western Digital Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital in November 2013.

Interview

Process was easy, 2 interviews in the row, great people, great atmosphere. Served food during 2 interviews, questions was easy, no surprises. I personally request to ask me more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• None, everything was expected   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Met at the career fair on campus. Then received an email from recruiter to take a skills test - coding and multiple choice questions (hardware stuff) and then you have an interview at their Irvine headquarters. They will brief you then you go into your interviews and get asked about your resume and some behavioral/technical questions (similar to the other reviews)

Interview Questions

• How would you design a website?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in March 2012.

Interview

So initially I submitted my resume to Western Digital. Western Digital then usually emails you to setup phone screen with the hiring manager. In the phone screen the hiring manager asks questions about projects that you have worked on and also some technical questions. Make sure you know your resume. If that goes well then an onsite interview will happen. In that onsite interview you get to meet with the hiring manager along with some engineers on the team. First they usually give you a test to take within an hour time frame. This test material is related to the job itself. After the test is done then you sit in a conference room and get drilled with technical questions from multiple engineers. These questions usually consist of standard programming questions along with testing questions etc. These questions will depend on the position

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question had to do with a programming question I was given.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Once you get the job you will get email stating base salary you will be given. This depends on your level of education and job experience. Generally salaries are non-negotiable unless you have an offer from another company. If so then WD may or may not match the offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Digital (Orange, CA (US)) in February 2012.

Interview

Received phone call and asked to go to the company the next week.

Asked many on my resume about my past experience,

then some easy sorting array problems.

Interview Questions

• Resume experience?   1 Answer
    • Soring array ...method. Asked to write on white board.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I received an email from University recruiting and I applied through my school. They make you take a test to test your knowledge of many engineering subjects. Then later they take you to have live interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a college career fair. Submitted resume and briefly talked to the hr lady. Got a phone call shortly afterwards to setup an interview. Interview was a 5 hour process. Two one hour interviews with two software engineers. Then lunch (food was provided) followed by two more one hour interviews (one by a manager another by a software engineer). Questions ranged from technical programming questions, to basic hardware questions, stock hr questions and questions about my resume. Got contacted later that week with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Hardware questions for a software engineering position   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)).

Interview

Applied through my college career fair. Got called in to take a test and then again for the in person interview. The interviews started with breakfast with a group of other candidates. My group consisted of mostly UCI students so the conversation seemed geared towards them. I quickly felt left out and sometimes picked on for being from a different college. By the time for the one on ones, I could see that the culture did not fit with me and only continued for the interview practice.

Interview Questions

• Write code to check if string is a palindrome.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Western Digital (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied during Career Fair and did fairly well speaking to the recruiter. He/She informed me that there would be a Super day where many interviews would occur and would receive a programming challenge. Due to logistic issues my entry that day was lost and I was not contacted again, despite completing the programming challenge. I reapplied online and found my local position was filled and thus would have to relocate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Three back to back onsite interview with an about an hour for each person. Two people are mainly interviewing you for technical skills, while the hiring manager tells you more about the job

Software Engineer () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Was asked two technical questions over the phone, and then was brought onsite for a behavioral interview and lunch with the team leads. The atmosphere was affable, and they seemed eager to provide resources and mentorship

Interview Questions

• Determine if two strings are anagrams of each other.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.