Western Digital Validation Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Western Digital Validation Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Western Digital

3.2

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (Irvine, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

slow long process took a long time. five people on the phone five people in person. lots of technical questions sprinkled with generic questions. met with HR personel then with staff and then lastly with hiring manager. people are nice and enthusiastic and have a great interest in who they will work with. fast moving company.

Interview Questions

• Is this what you want to do for the rest of your life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

straight forward

Other Interview Reviews for Western Digital

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital (Milpitas, CA (US)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received an email requesting availability for on-site interview. No response after after that. I sent three emails, 1st to confirm availability, other two asking for status updates leading upto the tentative interview day. Haven't gotten a single reply.

Validation Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Western Digital.

Interview

Applied online via their website and got an invitation for an interview a few days later. The interview was located at their office in Irvine, Ca.

The interview consisted of 3 30-min interviews:
    1)The first was with the Code director. This was the most difficult of the 3 because he asked mainly technical questions to find out what you knew.
    2)The second was with an Applications Senior Staff Engineer and the Firmware Principal engineer. They asked a couple of easy technical questions and mainly talked about the job.
    3)The third was was the Senior System Design Principal engineer. This was the easiest of the 3 and we mainly talked about my resume and Powershell commandlets.

Overall it was a great experience. They had great communication throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• 1) What is the difference between struct and class.
      2) Difference between call by value and call by reference.
      3) What is a doubly link list and name some methods and attributes.
      4) Write a function in whatever language that accepts an integer(decimal) as an argument and will return how many 1's are in that integer's binary counterpart.   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kfar Saba (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Western Digital (Kfar Saba (Israel)) in October 2018.

Interview

Interview-
     the HR called me after 1 week. pretty good and usefull proccess, comfortable feeling
    there was 1 round of phone interview.following that I was called to meet the team for face to face to interview
    The questions were about the projects in the resume

Interview Questions

• sort dictunary according to number of appearance elemts in dictunary   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Western Digital in August 2017.

Interview

There were 4 rounds. The first round was an online test with 15 aptitude questions and 3 coding questions. The coding questions were based on permutations, string manipulations, and analytical reasoning.

The first technical interview focused on problems about linked lists and bit manipulations. They seemed to be checking basic problem solving skills. Interviewer was friendly and professional.

The second technical interview focused on optimising the storage representation of a sparse matrix. Also, questions about storage devices were asked. The interviewer also asked about test cases for which my approach could fail.

The HR round consisted of questions about the company, as presented in the pre-placement talk. Also, the HR asked me to showcase a skill I had mentioned in my resume. It was unusual and exciting.

Overall, the process was moderate-difficult.

Interview Questions

• Clone a linked list into two different linked lists such that one list contains the first half of the existing linked list, in the same order, and the other list contains the other half. Time complexity should be minimum.   1 Answer
    • How would you represent a sparse matrix using minimum space complexity such that all elements can be accessed through their row and column indices?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.