Interview Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Verizon

What is your 10 year plan with the company - threw me off guard because I hadn't really though that far ahead.

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

4 Answers

Guarantee the interview stops and you're offered the job after this answer or at very least set you far apart from other candidates.. works in every interview even for a corporate job. Hope this helps. In 10 years i want to be in a management position. Leading my own team and working toward challenging targets. To achieve this goal, my short term objectives are to: step 1..establish myself within your team and learn as much as i can about your products and services in order to maximize all selling opportunities. step 2..I'm Naturally driven by achieving financial targets so I want to understand the commission structure in more detail to make sure that i achieve targets consistently. Step 3. I want to make contact with all my new accounts, (a) to understand all my customers and their needs and (b) develop plans for them for the next 2, 4, and 6 years. Step 4.. After consistently achieving targets over a long period of time, I will put together a training plan with my manager, understanding the skills i would need to develop in order to achieve my target of leading and developing my own team. By breaking down the 10 year plan into smaller and manageable chunks, I believe it provides me with clarity and direction needed to achieve this goal.

JK on

There are benefits to keeping it concise, but also to making it lengthy and detailed. If it were me, I might just say that in 10 years I saw myself at the forefront of Verizon in a high ranking management position at headquarters. While I know that I have profound sales and marketing skills, I also know I am good with people and organizing workflow around tasks to accomplish projects both on the macro and micro level.

Dev on

Terrific answer to a dumb question. Their process is lengthy. I believe they are in a hiring freeze at this point. Be persisteny, call/email once or twice weekly until they either hire you or tell you that you didn't get the job.

Anonymous on

I told them I would like to work in sales then move into being a network tech, as I am getting my CCNA soon.

Anonymous on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.