WhatCulture Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

1 Interview Review

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at WhatCulture

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WhatCulture (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was invited to conduct a Skype interview, which I assumed would be a video chat. It was actually a text chat conducted with a faceless profile. They asked me basic questions about employment, salary, location etc, but on subsequent occasions, I was asked the same questions again.

I was told to submit another article, and if they liked it, I would be invited to go to WhatCulture's offices to meet the team and integrate. Once I was hired, however, this offer was rescinded with no explanation, and I was told that I could just work from home using text chat contact.

I was also hired as a 'Content Creator', not a 'Magazine Writer', and was given no opportunity to write for the magazine. This was never explained to me throughout the interviewing process either.

The whole affair was deeply impersonal, and came across like the interviewer didn't really care about the person they were hiring, only that they could generate content efficiently.

Rather more baffling, I had already been working for WhatCulture as a freelancer, and had written about 6-7 articles for them up to that point, but the interviewer seemed to have no knowledge or recollection of this.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.