Whirlpool Corporation Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Whirlpool Corporation Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Whirlpool Corporation

2.8

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Knoxville, TN (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

The hiring process has changed dramatically over the last several years which is probably a good thing. Currently, all jobs have to go through HR which previously didn't happen. There were a lot of jobs that were never posted or if they were posted were not really competitive as the hiring manager had already made their decision. My guess is that things like that happen everywhere, but in the past it was very flagrant. At this point HR plays a much needed mediating role in vetting prospects and resumes. No system is perfect, but will likely provide a more balanced road to promotions than previously. In my experience depending on the job there may be multiple levels of interviews or one singe interview with the hiring manager. It really depends on the position.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions asked during the interview are fairly typical interview types of questions. "Tell me about a time you had a particularly difficult challenge and how you overcame it? How about a time you were not able to overcome a challenge?" etc. Use the STAR method of answering (Situation, Task, Action, Result), but be sure to ask questions. You need to find out what the hiring managers hot button is. Is it being trainable? Is it previous experience? What is that manager looking for. If you don't have it, ,or can't get it then maybe that job isn't for you. Don't worry about it...just move on to the next posting.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made one offer and I countered with a number about $2500 higher. They didn't hesitate and agreed.

Other Interview Reviews for Whirlpool Corporation

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Knoxville, TN (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview took about an hour. Spoke with 2 groups of 3 people and each asked questions off of a sheet of paper. It was very scripted and no questions were that difficult. After the interview it took about 40 days to hear anything back from them. It was a long and dragged out process.

Interview Questions

• What do you believe is the most difficult task for whirlpool.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Knoxville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Knoxville, TN (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview first, asked basic information about resume. Asked where do you see yourself in 5 years? why Whirlpool? Why leaving current job? Strentghs weaknesses. if you get past the phone interview, then a face to face to scheduled. there were two interviews, back to back. the first interview was with three sales managers it lasted about an hour, then they left. aout five minutes later, two more managers came in and interviewed me for about an hour. I was told that they notify you either way. I was called about a week after the interview and offer the position.

Interview Questions

• all of the questions were off of a script, but were mostly behavior based. Tell me about a time.... the questions were pretty basic, you could look over commonly asked behavior interview questions and have a good idea of what to expect. No trick questions. Come prepared with a few storys to tell based on your past jobs. htye mostly focus around Leadership, Teamwork, and Sales.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Whirlpool Corporation (Knoxville, TN (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Standard online application that takes a good chunk of time. Requests all info that should already be on a resume. Got an email 'inviting' me to submit a 'virtual interview'. Basically they record you answering a few questions then review it. Very silly and a total waste of time. Received a call for a face to face interview with a panel. One was in HR, the other was the positions direct supervisor and have no clue who the other was. Received the 'thanks, but no thanks' email on a Saturday afternoon (of Memorial Day weekend none the less). During the entire phase it seemed like I was being lead on that I had the position and they kept trying to 'sell' me on why I would want to work there. The direct supervisor for the position didn't interact much and was a bit dry (so be warned...it's not you, it's him). Total waste of a few hours for a call center job.

Interview Questions

• What about your experience makes you feel you'd be right for us?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.