Wiley Editorial Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Wiley Editorial Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Wiley

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Takes a while for them to get back to you, but once they do the ball is rolling.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a higher salary based on my position at the moment and I was explained I was already in the higher range.

Other Interview Reviews for Wiley

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

Phone call. Then in-person. I took several tests: grammar, proofreading, and e-mail writing. (The last was a case study wherein I was given a situation and I had to craft an e-mail to someone about it.) Then,I chatted with the hiring manager, who corrected my tests in front of me and commented on my work. And finally, I talked with the HR professional, who told me a little bit more about the company at large. The whole process between first e-mail asking to schedule a phone screen to the actual offer letter took less than 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Mr. Joe Schmoe is a senior editor for one of our publications. His submission is 3 weeks late. Craft an e-mail asking for the submission, keeping in mind that he is very high ranking in the XYZ community.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Met with 4 people - 2 editors I'd be working for, the Senior Assistant, and the product designer. One editor worked off-site so we had a phone interview alone in a conference room. Everyone was very helpful and spoke to me as if I already had the job. They asked questions about my personal life, such as school, what I did for fun, etc.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Networked to find someone within the company to recommend me. The HR department is understaffed and quite a few people have recently been laid off so they prefer referrals and internal candidates. I finally met with my future manager two weeks after the screening call, but from there, it was a very quick process. About two days after meeting my manager, I received an offer. They liked that I asked a lot of insightful questions and knew a lot about Wiley's legacy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation for amount. I brought it up but was told there was no wiggle room. They did meet my last salary even though it was higher than what most people make as editorial assistants.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied before the holidays and started working at the very end of January. I had a phone interview, then an in-person interview with my manager. I was called back for a second interview with the other person I'd be supporting, and HR invited me to interview for two other positions they thought I'd be a good fit for. I was made an offer the day after that 2nd visit to the office.

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate, which was a mistake. It was my first job out of college, so I didn't really know any better.

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume in February during a job fair. Received a call in August on a thursday for an interview. Interviewed on Monday. Got the job on Tuesday.

1) Did proofreading and grammar tests.
    2) Did a business letter writing case study: "Dr. XYZ is late on his manuscript by two weeks. Address a letter to him asking for his work."
    3) Spoke with the hiring manager. Many behaviorals.
    4) Spoke with HR about salary requirements and the company as a whole.

Interview Questions

• "What would you do if an author started yelling at you on the phone?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Uhm, i was young and stupid. I just accepted their first offer. :/

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Oxford, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Online Interview
    6 questions asked - 2 minutes given to respond to each
    - Why have you applied to this role?
    - What specifically interests you about academic publishing?
    - What subject areas or departments interest you the most?
    - What environment and culture do you work best in, and what do you hope to achieve in this role?
    - What experience do you have that suits you to this role?
    - Anything else to say in support of your application?

Interview Questions

• What environment and culture do you work best in, and what do you hope to achieve in this role?   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Oxford, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Video interview that consisted of 4 questions -
    What was the last book you read and how did it affect you?
    Why do you want to work for Wiley?
    What department interests you most?
    Tell us anything in support of application.

Interview Questions

• Grammar and spelling test.
      Excel test.
      Hour long interview with two managers asked what I thought the job entailed and about how different roles worked together. Then lots of behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley in January 2009.

Interview

Everyone is super nice and informative.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.