Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Wiley Interview Questions

Updated 24 Mar 2019

2.8

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Oak Brook, IL (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

This was the longest interview process I had ever been a part of. I had numerous interviews with quite a few levels of managers. I was even interviewed by my peers, which made it a little awkward after the interview. I was offered a salary below fair market value and accepted for the experience.

Interview Questions

• Who is my preferred learning scholar.   1 Answer

Assistant Managing Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Multiple interviews but when I did my fourth interview in office, they seemed to think I was doing a round 2 interview. Employees seemed anxious and uncomfortable. I was called for a group interview but met with only peers doing the job initially. I was prepared to answer questions, but didn't expect to ask all the questions.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online and recruiter reached out about a week later. Recruiter was professional and very responsive throughout the process. Had 1:1 interview with hiring manager, then 1:1 interview with overall Director. Was asked to prepare a presentation around job functions. Gave presentation via video (was originally asked to travel to HQ to give presentation but hurricane presented travel problems). Provided 2 references, and received job offer about a week later. Gladly accepted! While I selected "Difficult" for interview process, this is only because Wiley was very thorough - not because people were difficult in any way.

Interview Questions

• Researchers are historically difficult to engage; how would you go about engaging them to become advocates for Wiley?   Answer Question

Deputy Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (New Delhi) in November 2016.

Interview

They took 3 rounds
    System test
    Techical
    HR
    It was difficult round in system test and technical interview. The overall process took around 4-5 hours. After 1 month i got the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• About Digital Analytics they took system test and technical interview.The overall process take around 4-5 hours.
      They were 3 rounds
      System test
      Techical
      HR
      After 1 month i got the offer letter.   1 Answer

UK Student Recruitment Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Online application, followed by attempted telephone interview.

No questions asked as the HR staff failed to attend for the phone interview that they organised. This happened twice, and no apology was made.

The company also did not willingly call me from the USA and therefore the cost for an international call from the UK is passed to yourself.

The HR staff member gave a poor impression of this company, even including poor grammar and a casual email manner, and I therefore do not intend to apply again.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Oxford, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Online Interview
    6 questions asked - 2 minutes given to respond to each
    - Why have you applied to this role?
    - What specifically interests you about academic publishing?
    - What subject areas or departments interest you the most?
    - What environment and culture do you work best in, and what do you hope to achieve in this role?
    - What experience do you have that suits you to this role?
    - Anything else to say in support of your application?

Interview Questions

• What environment and culture do you work best in, and what do you hope to achieve in this role?   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Medford, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

5 Star Experience - the recruiter communicated well and has been very up front about expectations, and willing to answer questions. Everyone on the interview panel was friendly even as they asked direct and difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are qualities of a good leader?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of your experience handling clients?   Answer Question
    • Describe a recent successful marketing campaign that you worked on?   Answer Question

Journals Publishing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Took a video shortlisting interview, and then went to the offices in Oxford from London for a face-to-face. The interview invitation was weirdly formatted and looked like an edited stock letter. On arrival, I discovered that there wasn't one, not two, but three interviewers for what was an entry level job. They grilled me for an hour and a half, often rephrasing questions in a way I felt was meant to catch me out, before leading me into a cubicle to do an email writing and excel test for '40 minutes'. After half the time had elapsed, one of the interviewers returned and was visibly annoyed that I hadn't finished as 'the room was booked'. I was forced to close the documents early (incomplete) and I offered to use my laptop to complete the task, but she wasn't interested in letting me finish. Was led out and haven't heard from them since (even for a rejection), despite being told I should hear around a week ago. Left feeling as though I'd decline the job even if offered. Extremely bureaucratic, slightly accusatory, very high pressure interview, and a terrible reflection on the company.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley (Oxford, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Video interview that consisted of 4 questions -
    What was the last book you read and how did it affect you?
    Why do you want to work for Wiley?
    What department interests you most?
    Tell us anything in support of application.

Interview Questions

• Grammar and spelling test.
      Excel test.
      Hour long interview with two managers asked what I thought the job entailed and about how different roles worked together. Then lots of behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weinheim, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wiley (Weinheim, Baden-Württemberg (Germany)).

Interview

Test over email to lanugage-polish a manuscript. Then an invitation to the office. This involved two one hour interviews in the same day. Included was a test to language-polish a manuscript and a casual chat over lunch with other newly-recuited editors.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.