Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Interviews at Wiley

2.8

Legal Assistant/Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I interviewed twice (for 2 different positions). First Interview was on phone, followed by an in-person 1:1 with a test; then a 2nd 1:1. I didn't get the job and was notified by email. My Second application was by by an online interview, followed by an in-person 1:1 with no test. I never heard back since (to date, it has been 8 weeks with no status)

Enterprise Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The first step was a one way recorded video interview. It was pitched as: "a great way to get in front of the team before the formal interview process". Sure it is. HR sent a link to a portal where it asks about 5 questions and it records your responses via your webcam to be submitted for review by.....someone. This takes the place of an interview with an actual person - why should they be inconvenienced by real interaction when it's easier to treat you like a number in a cattle call?

After submitting the video there was a lot of....nothing, My follow up with HR resulted in the following:
    1. Video not yet reviewed it, but will be soon
    2. The "hiring leaders" have been out and they're just catching up (they're so darn busy!)
    3. After 1 month: There is a new Senior Director in place and we'll have input soon. (I thought the video was "a great way to get in front of the team", then we segued to "hiring leaders", but now it looks like it's really just 1 person?)
    4. A few more weeks pass, and I've forgotten about Wiley
    5. But then....an email from a different HR staffer, congratulating me for being selected to record a video interview !! You know, the one that I already completed. This was sent in error. Who could take these people seriously ? How many people does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    6. And finally after 9 weeks after recording my audition, a rejection email.

The email said that they decided not to continue "After a thorough review of your background and skills" Yes, very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?   Answer Question
    • You're well behind on your goal for the quarter. Should you:
      a. Start calling a lot of people
      b. Develop a new process and strategy   Answer Question

Editorial Assistant Interview

Interview

It was a pretty relaxed, standard interview. They asked me questions about my strengths and weaknesses. My writing skills. How I would approach a conflict. The interviewer was really nice.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colombo (Sri Lanka)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Colombo (Sri Lanka)) in September 2019.

Interview

Joined via employee referance, called for interview at WTC short interview not much of technical questions asked only about the experiance i have and about some basic java operators and methods , they offered almost the job on the same interview

Interview Questions

• Expected Salary, Joining date   1 Answer

Wiley Future LeadersProgram Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was great, it was a full day of interviewing which included an introduction program and positions available . The schedule of the day allowed for networking with the managers and than it there were individual interviews based on interest.

Interview Questions

• Q: How would you go about planing for a company integration?   Answer Question

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wiley in January 2020.

Interview

It was less than a week from when I initially applied to when I was contacted to conduct the computer prompted recorded interview.

Once passed that stage, I had a relatively relaxed phone interview that lasted about 30 minutes just going over my resume, why Wiley, and what I’m looking for.

Next round was an in-person interview with the supervisor and head of the department, one after the other. Both of them were super nice and the interview felt more like a conversation than a grilling. There was also a writing assessment that lasted about 30 minutes, but it can be completed before the time limit.

Lastly, there was a demonstration over Skype with basic instructions given via email and some time with the software to familiarize myself. The demonstration lasted about 20 minutes followed by a quick reflection.

The whole process took about 2 months. With a good amount of prep, the tasks were totally doable.

Editorial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

After applying online, I was invited for a short online interview and then invited for an interview at their office in Hoboken. The interview was pleasant, not very challenging. The HR department was not involved with the process. They never contacted me afterwards. I was not very interested in the position after the interview, but I think that it is the right thing to do for a company to send an update to candidates interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to work with a difficult co-worker. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Korolëv, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Korolëv, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)) in February 2018.

Interview

Recruitment process consisted of two steps - test assignment and on-site interview with project manager and tech lead. Interview questions considers only background review and stack technologies i'm familiar with.

Interview Questions

• Which parts of the J2EE did you use in your previous jobs   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a recruiter contacting me about the open position. The beginning was a phone call interview from the recruiter, she described the position and ask was I interested. The next couple of phone calls resulted in getting me an interview with Wiley. Once the interview was set up, I prepared myself for the interview. During the interview I was made to feel comfortable and at ease. Two days later the recruiter gave me a call with news that Wiley was making me a job offer. I accepted the offer, however Wiley had to perform a background check and a drug test. Once the background check and drug test had been completed, Wiley sent the job offer via email. I downloaded the documents, signed the documents, and sent the documents back via email.

Editorial Assistant (Scientific) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wiley (Oxford, England (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

I was invited to complete a video interview for Wiley two days after I applied. The application process involved the submission of a CV and a cover letter. I was given a day to practice interviewing via the method that would be conducted in the actual interview. The interview was conducted by recording yourself answering questions similar to those that would be asked.
    The actual interview was straight forward and I was offered to attend the site for the final stage. However, since I couldn't start the job immediately if successful, I was rejected.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.