Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Wiley Interview Questions

Updated 24 Mar 2019

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wiley (Orlando, FL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

There were around 10 candidates in the same room. A few employees from Wiley came into the room and talked to us about the different opened internship position such as SEO, analyst and design. After their introduction, we had the opportunity to talk to the ones we like individually or in a small group setting, and they called this "the networking session". Then they gave us a tour of the company. After the tour, they told us that we are done and will receive their decision soon.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Bowling Green, KY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The i terview process wasnt bad. They asked for my skills, experience, what i co tribute to the job and my previous experience supervising my previous company. I was also asked during the i terview if i had ever been released from a job

Senior Production Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

There was a video interview first through a third-party app where you record yourself answering basic questions like why you want to work at Wiley. Some time goes by and I think that's that (I was very awkward in the video) but I get an email from HR saying that they tried to contact me before (I still can't find this contact attempt). I go for an in-person interview with two hiring managers that goes on between the 2-3 hour range, one of the longest interviews I've ever been on. After that, I'm ghosted. It's very unusual to go in for an interview for 2-3 hours and receive no follow-up one way or the other, which is why I'm giving this a negative experience. I hope this is not how they treat their full-time workers.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager not a recruiter to start the process. The hiring manager gave me "homework" before proceeding to the interview. I was to go to a University and ask professors a couple of questions. I understood the purpose of this project and spent the time doing the "homework". The hiring manager invited me to a face to face interview. The first hour was with the Hiring Manager and the second hour was with two colleagues. The colleagues were coming back to Wiley after leaving the company many years ago. That seemed positive that after leaving they would want to come back. The hardest part of the interview was keeping the attention of the two colleagues. They seemed more interested in chatting with each other and would go on tangents. I felt I was in the middle of these two people reconnecting versus being on the interview. When I was leaving the hiring manager told me I was a top candidate but the other person I was up against an internal hire. I heard nothing after that from the hiring manager or anyone in the company. I spent a good amount of time in the college campus, writing a summary of my findings, attending the interviews and you would think a call or email that they went a different direction would have been given. If they were going to go with an internal hire do not post the job externally. Over 8 hours were spent on doing the homework and interviews to not receive a call or email was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about building relationships and sales. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Media Solutions Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Straightforward, personable and frank discussion of role, culture and day to day. Looking to see what type of candidate and how management of paid campaigns are viewed from a print/digital perspective.

Senior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wiley (Noida) in July 2018.

Interview

It was smooth however please don't believe on whatever commitments they are doing as these guys have an expertise in breaking their commitments so if u still wants to join try to take everything in writing.

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Korolëv, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wiley (Korolëv, Moskovskaya Oblast' (Russia)) in October 2018.

Interview

The interview consisted of three parts: HR questions about my work experience, trial assignment and skype interview with tech lead. The trial assignment is not restricted by the time, but it takes about few hours. The skype interview covered my previous projects and there was technical questions about SQL, Git and concurrency.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between merge and rebase in Git?   Answer Question

Assistant Managing Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Multiple interviews but when I did my fourth interview in office, they seemed to think I was doing a round 2 interview. Employees seemed anxious and uncomfortable. I was called for a group interview but met with only peers doing the job initially. I was prepared to answer questions, but didn't expect to ask all the questions.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online in April 2017 and was invited in a week later for the Interview Super Day. There were around 50 candidates, and each department that was hiring an intern had a separate table in the conference room. Candidates were able to walk around and talk to all of the hiring managers they wanted to. It was very informal and conversational, and questions were all about interest in Wiley and past experiences.

Event Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter, then with hiring manager. Hiring manager said they would make a decision within the week for next round of interviews, and 3 weeks later, I still haven't heard a thing. I did reach out to the recruiter but didn't receive a response.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.