Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Wiley Interview Questions

Interviews at Wiley

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by Wiley's recruiter then I was interviewed twice via Skype because I was not in the country at the time. After that I was hired by the company for a summer internship.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Oak Brook, IL (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Three interviews with three different employees. All were very friendly. Lots of basic behavioral and skills related questions. All interviews were over the phone and took place over a couple weeks.

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone call with HR first then phone call with the person who was eventually my manager. If you're in state, an in person interview will most likely happen. Since I was out of state it was just over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Walking through previous experiences, discussing the position, general Q and A at the end   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone call interview with HR and department supervisor. General interview questions, cheerful, engaged. The interview probably would have been in person at their headquarters had I not been away at college at the time.

Interview Questions

• mostly general questions, some specific to the department.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

A couple rounds of interviews, but they were very friendly and looked for a good fit. I highly recommend researching the company ahead of time.I first talked with an HR representative and then with the hiring manager.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online in April 2017 and was invited in a week later for the Interview Super Day. There were around 50 candidates, and each department that was hiring an intern had a separate table in the conference room. Candidates were able to walk around and talk to all of the hiring managers they wanted to. It was very informal and conversational, and questions were all about interest in Wiley and past experiences.

Internal Communications Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Submit resume and writing sample. Received an email and then follow-up call requesting video interview. Interview consisted of written question with one minute to read, then recorded your 2-minute response. Interview consisted of six questions, none of which were "standard" questions (e.g., strength/weakness, why the company/role). Received canned rejection letter with no interview feedback or indication that letter was personally written/addressed.

Interview Questions

• Other than email, what communication tools do you like to use for a team? Why?   Answer Question

Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley in January 2015.

Interview

2-3 weeks after applying online I was emailed and asked to come in for an interview. The HR person also attached documentation for me to complete a background check. I was to bring the paperwork in with me when I arrived for the interview. I met with the HR person. The conversation was more about my experience and my career goals. The conversation lasted about 30-35 minutes. Next I met with the person that would be my boss. She spoke mostly and told me how inexperienced I was, but that she could teach me a lot. I appreciated her sentiment. I did not speak much and she told me about how she liked to do things in the office. I just did a lot of nodding and smiling. Next I met with another manager in the department. The conversation flowed nicely.

I emailed shortly after the interviews thanking them for taking the time to meet with me. 3 weeks later I received an email indicating that they had chosen another candidate.

Market Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Minneapolis, MN (US)).

Interview

One phone interview with recruiter, one phone interview with hiring manager, one writing sample, an online personality assessment and one in person interview with 5 interviewers. It was a fast turnaround between phone interviews but the in person was uncomfortable and it felt like they were actually testing their propriety personality assessment for hiring software. I don't think the interview was for an actual job of that makes sense.

Market Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Applied online, got an email confirming interview date. They asked me to fill out a background request form and bring it with me. Met with HR and hiring manager. Both interviews went well, but heard nothing afterwards. its been almost a week.

Interview Questions

• Didn't really get any difficult questions. They seem to be really nice people.   Answer Question