Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Wiley Interview Questions

Interviews at Wiley

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wiley (Orlando, FL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

There were around 10 candidates in the same room. A few employees from Wiley came into the room and talked to us about the different opened internship position such as SEO, analyst and design. After their introduction, we had the opportunity to talk to the ones we like individually or in a small group setting, and they called this "the networking session". Then they gave us a tour of the company. After the tour, they told us that we are done and will receive their decision soon.

Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)).

Interview

went through a very long hiring process during which time met the editors and publisher-- that alone was a nightmare as people there contrary to what one expects 'intelligent' people to be-- are arrogant, and their cultural and educational pedigree aside-- pretentious; uninformed; and egotistical

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

I was contacted by the hiring manager not a recruiter to start the process. The hiring manager gave me "homework" before proceeding to the interview. I was to go to a University and ask professors a couple of questions. I understood the purpose of this project and spent the time doing the "homework". The hiring manager invited me to a face to face interview. The first hour was with the Hiring Manager and the second hour was with two colleagues. The colleagues were coming back to Wiley after leaving the company many years ago. That seemed positive that after leaving they would want to come back. The hardest part of the interview was keeping the attention of the two colleagues. They seemed more interested in chatting with each other and would go on tangents. I felt I was in the middle of these two people reconnecting versus being on the interview. When I was leaving the hiring manager told me I was a top candidate but the other person I was up against an internal hire. I heard nothing after that from the hiring manager or anyone in the company. I spent a good amount of time in the college campus, writing a summary of my findings, attending the interviews and you would think a call or email that they went a different direction would have been given. If they were going to go with an internal hire do not post the job externally. Over 8 hours were spent on doing the homework and interviews to not receive a call or email was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about building relationships and sales. Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wiley in March 2011.

Interview

I received a phone call to go in for an interview. Once I got there I met with someone from HR. After, I was referred to a senior official -someone I would be working in direct contact with.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Orlando, FL (US)).

Interview

Had a phone screen then nothing, had to call the recruiter and press the issue, since they were dragging out the process. Stated that the HR team was in Germany, and would hear something next week, 48 hrs later same week. Got a thanks but no thanks, email...Pretty classless. Recruiters should realize that it’s 3.1 percent unemployment and there are no purple unicorns out there.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter regarding the position. Had a phone screen then invited for an on-site interview with 3 directors/managers. The onsite interview went really well - they mainly asked about my past experience and explained where they are in terms of projects and needs. Strangely, one of the people who interviewed me is the PMO director and she told me she will retire and leave the company in a week. The 2nd interviewer is the portfolio manager and we had a very good conversation. The 3rd is the director of technical architecture. I guess it was because it was towards the end of day, during the interview he kept yawning. I asked if I bored him and he said no. Overall it was an OK experience.

Afterwards i got 1 brief feedback from email from recruiter saying they enjoyed the interview with me. But after this initial feedback i didn't get anything else for more than a month. After several attempts for an update they informed me they picked another person. If they've picked someone else they should just let me know earlier, instead of keeping the candidate up in the air for weeks.

Senior Publicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was a series of three, after an initial phone screening, all within the marketing and PR departments of the company. All very laid back and interesting in hearing about your experience, what you could do for the company and why you chose to apply for the position.

Interview Questions

• What are three adjectives others would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wiley (Malden, MA (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

The HR interview was straightforward, and the HR representative was knowledgeable and easy to talk to. I went into the office for an interview. The receptionist at the front desk failed to call the hiring manager and she seemed to have an understanding that I'd been late (I later noticed she'd called my cell, which was on silent for the interview).

The hiring manager for this position was quite young and seemed to have experience only at Wiley. During the interview, this seemed like a limitation, since she expected some very local knowledge I couldn't provide. I had a great interview with another Product Manager in the group. The office is in Malden close to the Orange Line Malden T station, but it's looking a little shabby. The physical plant has definitely seen better days.

Interview Questions

• Describe competitors and audience.   1 Answer

Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

I applied thru there website online. I got a phone interview from HR and two rounds of technical interview on the phone. Then i was called in for an in-person interview for 2 more rounds.

Interview Questions

• Question relating to my education and experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Sent my resume and CL through their website. Was contacted about three weeks after for two interviews with different departments (Wiley passes resumes around to all the acquisitions/editorial departments). Came in to interview with one team, very laid back and great people. Just looked over my resume and asked me to expand a little bit. Next interview was basically the same - a little more detailed questions, but very friendly environment. Wasn't asked any obscure questions or questions like 'What's your weakness/strengths," they were all based on what I gave them in my resume.

Interview Questions

• I didn't really have any... maybe "What drives you to excel in life?"   Answer Question