Wiley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Wiley Interview Questions

Interviews at Wiley

2.8

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medford, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Medford, MA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

5 Star Experience - the recruiter communicated well and has been very up front about expectations, and willing to answer questions. Everyone on the interview panel was friendly even as they asked direct and difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you think are qualities of a good leader?   Answer Question
    • Can you give an example of your experience handling clients?   Answer Question
    • Describe a recent successful marketing campaign that you worked on?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received invitation for phone interview about a month later. No one ever called or followed up. Another month went by, someone different contacted me again for a phone interview, then set up an in person interview. Took weeks to secure the in office interview, had to take an SAT like online aptitude test prior to the in person interview. In person asked 10 pages of "tell us about a situation when....". Overall thought it went well and was told they would get back to me either way. Followed up with person i interviewed with and HR coordinator after the interview multiple times, never heard ANYTHING. No response, completely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Please complete online aptitude test (felt like i was taking the SAT)   Answer Question

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wiley (Oak Brook, IL (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied through an agency, and the response was quick. Set up a phone interview for 3 days later. Interviewed with young director of department. Didn't seem to know what she was doing. Did not receive an offer, though skills were aligned with position. Feedback from interviewer was "question answers were too long". Well, someone had to keep the interview going...

Interview Questions

• Hypothetical scenario questions, "how did you handle this situation"   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Got an email from recruiter regarding the position. Had a phone screen then invited for an on-site interview with 3 directors/managers. The onsite interview went really well - they mainly asked about my past experience and explained where they are in terms of projects and needs. Strangely, one of the people who interviewed me is the PMO director and she told me she will retire and leave the company in a week. The 2nd interviewer is the portfolio manager and we had a very good conversation. The 3rd is the director of technical architecture. I guess it was because it was towards the end of day, during the interview he kept yawning. I asked if I bored him and he said no. Overall it was an OK experience.

Afterwards i got 1 brief feedback from email from recruiter saying they enjoyed the interview with me. But after this initial feedback i didn't get anything else for more than a month. After several attempts for an update they informed me they picked another person. If they've picked someone else they should just let me know earlier, instead of keeping the candidate up in the air for weeks.

Internal Communications Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wiley.

Interview

Submit resume and writing sample. Received an email and then follow-up call requesting video interview. Interview consisted of written question with one minute to read, then recorded your 2-minute response. Interview consisted of six questions, none of which were "standard" questions (e.g., strength/weakness, why the company/role). Received canned rejection letter with no interview feedback or indication that letter was personally written/addressed.

Interview Questions

• Other than email, what communication tools do you like to use for a team? Why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by Wiley's recruiter then I was interviewed twice via Skype because I was not in the country at the time. After that I was hired by the company for a summer internship.

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley in April 2017.

Interview

Went through one phone screen with HR recruiter, then one phone interview with hiring manager. Both the hiring manager and recruiter were knowledgeable about the company and the position. Each seemed to go well and was very promising, then shortly after learned I was not moving forward in the process. No explanation or feedback given, so is disappointing and not very helpful. I did appreciate how quickly the process moved - recruiter was prompt to respond, gave accurate timelines and was generally pleasant.

Interview Questions

• A few standard questions, but most others were behavioral (i.e. tell me about a time..., how would you handle xyz..., etc.)   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Oak Brook, IL (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Three interviews with three different employees. All were very friendly. Lots of basic behavioral and skills related questions. All interviews were over the phone and took place over a couple weeks.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoboken, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Hoboken, NJ (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online in April 2017 and was invited in a week later for the Interview Super Day. There were around 50 candidates, and each department that was hiring an intern had a separate table in the conference room. Candidates were able to walk around and talk to all of the hiring managers they wanted to. It was very informal and conversational, and questions were all about interest in Wiley and past experiences.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowling Green, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wiley (Bowling Green, KY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

The i terview process wasnt bad. They asked for my skills, experience, what i co tribute to the job and my previous experience supervising my previous company. I was also asked during the i terview if i had ever been released from a job