Wipro Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 22 May 2018
3,402 Interview Reviews

2.8

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

It was on campus. All questions were asked from resume. Just prepare your resume properly. And answer all questions confidently. Maintain good sitting posture during interview. It went well as expected as I prepared well for interview.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

I had very good interview experience. First round was Verbal and quants exam, second round was a technical interview, and the last round was HR interview. I got my acceptance letter in a month after the interview, but I got to know their decision in a week or so.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java questions were asked like inheritance, polymorphism. And asked me to write a Java program to count the number of particular letters that appear in a word.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wipro (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

1. There is no proper communication between recruiter and security guards.
    2. To escort candidates from one building to another guards and HR took 4 hours.
    3. After waiting for 4 hours still recruiters were not sure when and how to take interview process.
    4. 3 to 4 Recruiters just come take your resumes call out your name, goes away and never came back and didnt even conducted 1st round after waiting for 5 hours.
    5. Recruiters doesnt even asks candidates for lunch and snacks.
    6. Security guards are too rude as if they are ceo's of wipro.
    7. I would suggest not to go interview process and never think about getting hired in wipro. Fill pity for wipro employees.
    8. Recruiters tell lies alot, from the email JD mentioned till you get down for interview.
    9. After waiting for 5 hours without any single round 5 out of 19 candidates left because of their hiring process and behaviour.

Interview Questions

• They just ask your name and they will say just have a seat   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro in May 2018.

Interview

Phone interview with two people on the phone. There was a lot of technical questions. Some basic as well. Overall it was an easy phone interview. Asked me how many languages I speak and explained a lot about the company and if I am comfortable working with users in person.

Interview Questions

• What do you do when the computer is stuck on the configuration page?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wipro (Mountain View, CA (US)).

Interview

Referred by a former colleague. Interviewed with the department manager. HR seems to be a last step to check salary requirements. I liked that they explained a lot about the company to me. I didn't like that they required my last two years of W2s to set my salary.

Interview Questions

• Would I mind travel to India.   1 Answer

BI Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

So Unprofessional..For Skype video call.. The Interview Person never show their faces but ask you to start your video & tells you that they are recording the interview for their Proof.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, But they just ask in way where u feel they dont even know how to do interview process or not even paying attention to what you are saying and leave in a hurry within 25 minutes ( thats my experience with few of wipro interviewers)   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wipro (Plano, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Was given a tour of the Plano facility and then put in a room with a tech lead. We spoke about my work experience and the projects I completed in school. Was asked why I picked my major and what I want to do in the company. The interviewer was very pleasant to talk to and made me feel comfortable. The interview was more of a conversation than a technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you pick your major?   1 Answer

IT Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Waited at least a year for them to contact me. Very minimal contact and extremely unorganized. Hiring manager have very heavy accent, extremely difficult to understand especially over the phone. Lastly, make sure you have a phd in what ever you are applying for because they will grill you like you have been doing the job for years.

Interview Questions

• everything about cyber security   1 Answer

"IT Engineer" Or Ascent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Plano, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied online through a campus resource. I was contacted and a 30 minute screening interview was given by the recruiter. I was informed in the phone screen that I would be moving on to a technical round. The process through the initial phone screen was great, however afterwards, I was set up to fail. Being remotely and finishing up school, I wasn't given ample time to schedule a visit to Plano for an in person interview. For the first round of technical interviews that I was invited, I received an email less than 22 hours before the interviews would start. In their email they said, (i'm paraphrasing) "We understand this is last minute...if you can't make this round we will invite at a later date, you can pick either in person or virtual interview" I asked to be given a larger notice for the later date so I could make the in person meeting, but was only given less than 72 hours notice (this is unreasonable being both remote and a student). I was forced to interview virtually.

For the technical interview I was set up to fail. I was assigned for an interview 4pm on a Friday with an interviewer who clearly had no interview skills and didn't want to be there. Also, I was interviewing for the Plano office, but they gave me an interviewer from the Austin office who couldn't ask answer my questions specific to the Plano office. The interviewer asked me to turn off my webcam video during the virtual interview (skype) which was unusual. The interviewer asked me moderately difficult questions but I never felt like I was interviewing for the Ascent Program that the recruiter "sold me" or described to me. There was also no detailed information on the Ascent program online. I was being asked questions that more aligned to a tech support role rather than the program which I was told had tracks for web developer, programmer, etc. I wasn't given an offer but walking out of the interview I wasn't surprised that this happened. For those enticed by the news they are hiring a bunch of college grads, read other reviews carefully. Recent reviews from people who received offers and started, say the company doesn't follow through with what they say, and the program isn't what they signed up for.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Plano, TX (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I got a call from the interviewer after working hours and asked me if I had few minutes to answer some questions. That lasted for about 20 -25 minutes. After that I was called in for a in person interview. I was interviewed by two people. The in person interview was horrible. One of the interviewer made sure I was not as smart as he was. When you are offered a job I would expect your superior to help you to be successful ,not make you feel dumb. The interview itself was not hard, but the way the interviewer asked and explained to me was unbelievable. I never had such a horrible interview experience.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.