Wipro Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Updated 20 Nov 2018
3,836 Interview Reviews

2.8

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, OR (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Dallas, OR (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

They will contact by email and schedule the Interview.If you clear the Phone interview then you will be called onsite. Interviewer mainly asked about the IC compiler and design Compiler placement and routing tool.They also want us to know about the cadence Encounter tool completely.

Interview Questions

• how do you Implement blocks using IC Design Compiler?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Interview

the company came on campus for recruitment. First the students had to go through an IQ test consisting of quant and verbal problems. Students clearing the aptitude test were then made to go through face to face interview containing few technical and few HR questions. The process lasted a day

Interview Questions

• describe yourself..why this job..what are your strengths and weaknesses..where do you see yourself in future..   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

I was interviewed for 45 minutes by an HR employee and asked the standard list of behavioral questions ("tough situation", "ethical situation", "leadership situation", etc). This was followed by a "surprise" GD consisting of about 10 fellow applicants. The topic of the GD was pretty vague and HR did not intervene at any point. At the end, we were asked to choose the "best" contributions.

Interview Questions

• In the interview, I was asked of a situation in which Wipro's values would be tested. Not knowing what Wipro's values were, it was tricky to answer   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

process was easy and all related to customer and communication skills to guage your ablity to talk to customers and your presentation style. the rounds were focusing on logical approach towards problem solving

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

The interview was pre scheduled and very well conducted. There were three rounds including one HR round. The process was over in less than three hours. The technical rounds were pretty good and the interviewers were knowledgeable.

Associate Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Generally only 2 interviews, one on the phone and one in person. Client might require an additional interview as well, it really depends on the client.

Main portion of interview is to test business acumen and knowledge of IT project processes. It's in your best interest to make sure you have an example of how you have applied the process in a certain situation, it makes it much easier for them to relate to your experiences.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to draw an example of a database for a video sales company, complete with foreign and primary keys.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much in terms of negotiation. Since Wipro is a low cost consultancy firm, they only offered me 2k more than my previous employer.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wipro (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

They Don't waste much time in entire hiring process. But they don't schedule the interview in advance. If you miss a call from them, don't expect a VM . I had Skype interview

Interview Questions

• How to find the Total no. of objects (of a particular class) created by any means of object creation.   1 Answer

Java Developer Interview

Interview

It was a Telephonic round
    He had a default set of questions
    Interviewer was not very interactive
    Question range was not intuitive
    Covered topics on Java Selenium Agile Devops
    Not interested in sharing client info though i had known already from the recruiting firm

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wipro (Boston, MA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

Initially telephonic round followed by two webex interviews. It took 2 week of process to get interview scheduled. four people in the interview panel. mostly asked about back-end java development.

Lead Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Atlanta, GA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of one general interview from a recruitment specialist followed by a technical specialist and rounded out by a lead recruitment specialist. The questions were all standard. Each person representing the firm seemed rushed and impatient, really not the best vibe when interview prospective candidates. My gut told me that these folks are just looking for a body to throw at a contract and have no concern. Over time my feelings were justified.

Wipro wanted me to relocated from RI to Atlanta, GA to support a new contract as their full-time employee. I was eager to move and it was explained to me that HR would present an offer and we could negotiate salary and relocation assistance. I negotiated a very good salary but the relocation assistance wasn't enough for me to move my household. Additional the assistance was reimbursable but that didn't help with the substantial cost so, I negotiated a signing bonus that put me in the neighborhood of a DiY move. To make the move I asked for 5 days paid vacation during my third week of employment to comeback to RI for the DiY move. At that point things started to disintegrate. I was told that such a request isn't standard and I asked for the HR lead to ask management to consider my request. The recruiter openly laughed but told me that she would ask and get back to me. I understood that the home office is in India and that there was an upcoming holiday in the US so, I padded my expectations of a response by a couple of days.

Days went by and I thought to contact the lead recruiter via email, phone, text Skype but it was evident that I was being stonewalled. Contact was made to members of her team I was promised by another recruiter that both she and he would call me only to find that he didn't. When I called him back I was told that he was ill. When speaking to the lead I was told that she was very busy and would get back to me. It was a week away from my proposed start date. I was suppose to report to Wipro's East coast HQ the following Monday, stay for two days then fly to Atlanta to start on Wednesday. My perception was that Wipro expected me to parachute into the site with a fractured living arrangement. I made a point that my request would enable me to be better productive and benefit the customer and Wipro's contract. Apparently, Wipro disagreed.

I don't want this to seem like a rant so, I'll close my write-up with this...

HR, you have some work to do. This was the least professional interaction hiring and interview process of my 22 years in customer service. HR / recruiting is the first experience a person will have with your company. As I look through some of the employee comments, I can see similar experiences and I hope that you take this to heart and change the culture.

Negotiation

Salary, bonus and relocation were easy but when I asked for 5 days paid vacation to reduce my out of pocket expenses as relocation didn't cover the expense, I was asked if I was open to move even farther (to LA) with the same money. When I declined the LA offer I was stonewalled for my request and the offer withered on the vine.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.