Workday Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

Workday Interview Questions

Interviews at Workday

2.8

Social Media Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

I had a phone interview that went fairly well. I was told I would receive a follow-up email within a few days of interviewing. After following up with the recruiter about my application status (and receiving no response), 2 weeks later I got an automated email that they were pursuing others for the role. I'm disappointed that for a company that prides itself on its culture and openness, I was left in the dark for 2 weeks after interviewing, and when I reached out, I got no response. The automated email so long after the initial interview was disappointing, not because I was not moving forward, but because of the lack of communication and incredibly long wait time. I would advise the recruiting team to rework their application process and make sure they stay communicative with potential hires. As someone who has lead recruiting and interview processes before, I recommend Workday not wait two weeks with no additional communication to send results.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite part about social media?   1 Answer
    • What's something you require in your next role?   Answer Question

Associate Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday in February 2020.

Interview

Two zoom interviews. The first was supposed to be technical and the second behavioral. The technical interview was supposed to include a short coding challenge but I had a software engineering internship the previous summer so they asked more why I want to work in security questions instead.
    The second interview was with the manager of the team and was very chill. We chatted about CTFs and our interest in security.

Interview Questions

• What is your involvement in your clubs?   2 Answers
    • Why do you want to work in security?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Workday in February 2020.

Interview

I interviewed for a position with the Workday Next team.

I had two interviews. The first interview was a technical phone screen. Basic understanding of data structures will get you through this part. I would not expect anything more challenging than binary trees. For each problem, you were also asked to write your I/O handling and test cases.

The second interview was a 45 minute behavioral phone interview. This was more difficult than the technical phone screen. My interviewer emphasized that cultural fit is very important for Workday, so I would try to study Workday's values and make sure you are able to speak to them in your answers.

Interview Questions

• Given a text file, find the 10 most common words in the dictionary.   1 Answer
    • Implement a singly linked list.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to resolve a conflict between yourself and a colleague.   Answer Question
    • What is your approach when you learn a new technology or programming language?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult project you've worked on?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience at this position on your resume. What is something you wish you could have done differently at this position if you knew what you know now?   Answer Question

Director, Talent Programs & Coordination Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on LinkedIn. We set up a call for a few days later to discuss the role.

Our initial phone conversation lasted about an hour, which flew by. I was able to share a lot about my background and learn a lot about the role and Workday culture. At the end of the call, the recruiter told me she'd like for me to speak with the hiring manager next.

I had a 45 min video call with the hiring manager a week after my initial call with the recruiter. I was really impressed with the hiring manager; the conversation flowed easily, and we built a nice rapport and were easily transparent with each other. I left that conversation feeling very excited about the opportunity & Workday overall.

10 days after my chat with the HM, the recruiter reached out to tell me that they wanted someone with a bit more experience for the role we'd been exploring; this was very fair feedback, and I wasn't too surprised. The recruiter added, though, that they'd like to continue conversations for other potential opportunities, and I was thrilled. I told the recruiter that I'd love to continue conversations as well. I didn't hear back, so followed up a couple of weeks later, and never heard back from the recruiter. It's disappointing because I was (and still am) genuinely interested in the company and opportunities there.

New Hire Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

Great Interviews with many upbeat and genuine people; however, there was an unnaturally long Process Time (4 month interview process) for the entire process of interviewing. 4 rounds of interviewing: 2 people on campus, 5 people on big interview day, 1 person as final, and HR conversation. approximately 3-4 weeks between each interview.

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

On campus interview involving basic programming concept. Couple operating system questions. Simple leetcode easy after. Behavioral phone call the next week just checking to see if you’re a nice person.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

It consisted of multiple online interviews with live coding. They also asked about my stage in school, and they seemed turned off as I was looking for an internship in-between my junior and senior year.

Interview Questions

• What area within computer science interests me the most.   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Workday.

Interview

It’s terrible. It was the worst and most unprofessional recruiting experience I have had in my 15 yr career. Not sure how a recruiter process run by a company claims to be a leader in "Human Capital Management (HCM)" can be this bad!

I spoke to two different recruiters, first one set 2 x 60 min video interview with hiring manager and his boss which went well. I've been invited for onsite interview, so I blocked my schedule, booked flight/hotel via workday travel coordinator. Then, a day before third round of a panel interview with hiring team, first recruiter handed me to another recruiter for further coordination. Here fun part began, this last min second recruiter was a real piece of work, the moment I spoke to her I sensed she could mess up everything. She was totally unprepared and had no clue how far I was in process already and started asking random questions. During these random questing, she raised concern over visa transfer which is totally prejudiced based on her own “personal” experiences and rumors – you are a recruiter not a visa adjudication officer, so you’re no one to judge what could happen to an individual case purely based on what you were “hearing” lately! This self-pity recruiter didn’t have any clue about the “equal opportunity employment” either for sure – well that’s the whole different issue.

Nevertheless, she promised to check it with concerned immi team internally and get back to me by end of the day and confirm to go-ahead or not with that third interview call with hiring team. It is despite the fact the all correct information has been provided to the first recruiter and fed into “workday” portal at the beginning of the process almost a month back. Obviously, the first recruiter didn't pass any notes and/or so-called market leading HCM software "workday" don't have simple workflows to manage candidate information at all. Go figure out who’s more incompetent!

As expected, this second recruiter didn’t get back by end of the day as she promised. I was keep preparing and investing my time for the scheduled third interview the day after. It was scheduled early morning at 7am – 8am CT with Dublin based hiring team. I dialed in as planned and waited for half an hour and then sent an email to hiring manager asking if there’s any change in schedule or so. He in turn might have alerted this unprofessional asleep recruiter that I am on call and waiting. So, she finally called me to inform that they had decided not to continue with the process. Worst part, instead of being little empathetic, she was rude enough to come up with excuses like she had day off the other day and she’s calling as a favor so not to waste any more time/efforts further with onsite travel etc. Such a waste of time on both sides (candidate and hiring team) by two lousy recruiters. Absolutely rude and unprofessional “HCM” process Workday! You can do better.

I will never consider or recommend Workday again!

HR Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Workday (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Phone screen then video interviews then onsite. Everyone was awesome. People were ontime, prepared, and engaging. Not one bad interviewer. Really enjoyed the entire process. Recruiter stayed in contact thru the winter process.

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Discovery Bay, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Workday (Discovery Bay, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Recruiter was great. Hiring manager woefully inexperienced. Surprised this person given any responsibility to manage others. Noticed this department has had certain openings for months. Tells you a little something about this group. Felt I dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions

• Tell my about a project you we’re most proud of and why   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.