Interview Question

The Home Depot

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

6 Answers

As the Supervisor, it is your job to lead , educate and direct your employees. But the key is communication and follow up to ensure the assigned task were completed timely.

James Godwin on

As a supervisor, accountability is of the upmost importance. As such, I would hold myself accountable for any existing inefficiencies, staff development, or training, that may have contributed to the failure and would hold the staff accountable for failing to complete assigned task.

Anonymous on

As a leader it's my job to communicate with employees to get the best of there ability not to make them feel useless

Anonymous on

I would take responsibility as it is my concern to motivate and coach subordinates in a way that prepares them to complete given tasks.

Anonymous on

It would depend on the failure in question.

Another Candidate on

Would you place blame on underlings for not completing a task, or take personal responsibility for their failure? .... Is this question really going to include the word "underling" .... Its too bad people need jobs and choose to work there. Why would associates be referred to as underlings in the first place? The way that question is asked clearly delineates how unfair the management is at Home Depot and the work place culture, or lack thereof.

lj on

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.