YRC Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

YRC Freight Interview Questions

Updated 2 May 2019

2.2

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Kansas City, MO (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Last from July 15 thru mid November. I was a "finalist" after 4 interviews. I had other offers pending, they took an additional month after I was a finalist to send form notice I was not chosen. They would not return phone calls or emails. Very unprofessional behavior from District and Regional Sales Managers.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Iowa City, IA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Iowa City, IA (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Interview process was very formal with lots of questions. Completed by local Area Sales Manager. Was very personable, offered to buy coffee. Process lasted about 1 hour. Asked questions regarding P&L reports and general sales questions. Asked what I would be doing if I didn't have to work every day. Described my best day off scenario. Seemed interested in listening to the details.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest sales accomplishment? Have you ever had business to business sales? Have you ever done cold calling?   Answer Question

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with four pricing managers, the pricing director, and the VP of pricing. Some of the PMs interviewed me, some seemed to assume I was a shoo-in for the job and just started briefing me on the company. In any case they were standard, pleasant interviews.

The Director asked some tougher questions and had me fill out a self-assessment which we then discussed. Don't BS this guy, be honest about your competencies and weaknesses, ask good questions, and you'll be fine. He said he likes to leave the decision largely to the PMs, so they're the ones you want to impress.

The VP made me kind of nervous-- I felt like I was swimming with a shark. DEFINITELY don't BS this guy, because he's smart and will hound you until he unravels your answer. Obviously I know this from experience. Know that your screw ups will ultimately make him look bad, so try to give him the impression that you know what you're doing and he will be able to safely ignore you.

If I have one beef with the process, it's that nobody told me that I didn't get the job. Three weeks after the interview I contacted the PMs and they said I'd be informed yea or nay. Three weeks later, I contacted the PD and was told they found a better candidate. So it goes, I guess.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you failed, and how that went for you.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview process was very in depth. The company takes good measure to hire the right people. Once your in, its a great opportunity. There was a 3 stage process. Phone interview, one on one interview and a panel interview. I met with the Vice President of the division, the Regional Manager and District Manager. Prior to the panel interview I did a ride along with one sales representative to get a good perspective of what the responsibilities include. The company does a background check and drug test. The do follow up with your references.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all about typical sales opportunities. Tell us your typical sales day?   1 Answer

Line Haul Driver Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

As a truck driver line haul,city driver and haustler all you need is a good work history and keep in mind this is a very safe concious environment .This is a customer service industry and we mean it.The managers are understanding ,patient and listen carefully .
    Your driving record should be clean "some exemptions can apply" your work history should be solid, no preventable accidents recently, a team player ,and positive attitude

Interview Questions

• Explaining preventable accidents.   1 Answer

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

There was first a test - emailed a problem statement and asked to send source code zip back. there was a phone interview that asked about javascript, java, SQL, etc.

Interview Questions

• Javascript stack questions, java basic OOPs questions, SQL questions   Answer Question

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Savannah, GA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick very detailed manager was very understanding knew that all i needed was an opportunity to show what i can do easy process to learn just take time and practice to learn the job which can make things alot easy it seems like a lot but once you find your rhythm its easy and the day goes fast if you jump right to your task

On-call Casual Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tracy, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Tracy, CA (US)).

Interview

You apply, hiring manager calls you sets up interview time and date. You have a 1:1 interview with hiring manager. If hiring manager thinks you maybe a good fit they give you a tour of the work area. If you and hiring manager think it maybe a good fit you are offered a probation position. First day will be HR paperwork and safety training material.

Interview Questions

• Would you be ok with working graveyard shift?   1 Answer

Technology Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with HR. From there, I interviewed with both the Infrastructure and the Application VP. Then, I came back and interviewed with my 'to be' direct manager.

The actual interview process wasn't too bad. But, after the verbal offer came, it took about 2-3 weeks for the formal written offer to be presented.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me your knowledge/experience with Agile and how would you transform your team from Waterfall to Agile?   Answer Question

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Louisville, KY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

A quick phone interview followed by a secondary interview. I was asked pretty typical interview questions, and was contacted fairly quickly after applying. The whole process took about three-four weeks total.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.