YRC Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

YRC Freight Interview Questions

Interviews at YRC Freight

2.2

Operations Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Gardena, CA (US)).

Interview

Quick interview and hiring process. Interview was really promising. Unfortunately, did not last at the job. Management wants to change their reputation of strict, but the existing employees need to be schooled first.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Savannah, GA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Quick very detailed manager was very understanding knew that all i needed was an opportunity to show what i can do easy process to learn just take time and practice to learn the job which can make things alot easy it seems like a lot but once you find your rhythm its easy and the day goes fast if you jump right to your task

Dock Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlstadt, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Carlstadt, NJ (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Very simple. They ask you about your work history to make sure you have relative experience. They want you to think of a time you had to deal with someone you disagreed with.

Interview Questions

• What situations have you had comparable in other positions you have held. And name a time you had to deal with someone you disagree with   1 Answer

Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then a 2 hour interview split in to 4 30 minute interviews with various department leadership. Mostly they talked at me while I nodded. Almost no relevant questions asked. No testing on abilities, no requests to further discuss my skill set.
    Next round of interviews was 2 hours, 1 hour with the director and 1 hour with the VP. Still no Excel or SQL testing.
    I asked all interviewers which team id be on, and was not given a clear answer. I found out on my first day the team I was placed on.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read?   1 Answer

Office Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

Phone screen, in person, drug screen/background check, offer! Everyone along the way was helpful, kind and professional. It was an excellent e perience. I would say this even if I had not been hired

Construction Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (San Antonio, TX (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position online. I had a phone interview with the Manager. He offered me an opportunity to attend a training seminar for the position. We discussed several options to work for the company. I have left my options open at this time, but I would like to train and work for this company in the future.

Interview Questions

• What are your people skills and what languages do you speak?   3 Answers

City Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Atlanta, GA (US)).

Interview

They call me two days after applied.
    Showed me some safety videos. How to operate a fork lift,showed me the terminal, trucks.and c get home business just joined just 8 8 I used it just occurred in it on my name means.

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Very nice interview process, meeting with several leaders from different business areas. Met with potential peers, individual contributors and senior leadership. Great overview of organization up front which is not typically common.

Interview Questions

• Based on your knowledge of the role, what do you think the most important quality of a manger should be?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Kansas City, MO (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Last from July 15 thru mid November. I was a "finalist" after 4 interviews. I had other offers pending, they took an additional month after I was a finalist to send form notice I was not chosen. They would not return phone calls or emails. Very unprofessional behavior from District and Regional Sales Managers.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Kansas City, MO (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by corporate office in Kansas City after applying online. The person was professional, courteous and helpful. Outstanding effort on her behalf. Definitely a quick process. If you meet the basic requirements for the position, they will go above and beyond to help you get in the door.

Interview Questions

• Flexibility in shifts and ability to work odd hours.   1 Answer