YRC Freight Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.in

YRC Freight Interview Questions

Interviews at YRC Freight

2.2

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Kansas City, MO (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by corporate office in Kansas City after applying online. The person was professional, courteous and helpful. Outstanding effort on her behalf. Definitely a quick process. If you meet the basic requirements for the position, they will go above and beyond to help you get in the door.

Interview Questions

• Flexibility in shifts and ability to work odd hours.   1 Answer

Road Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Jackson, MS (US)).

Interview

The hiring and interview process was rather painless if you had all your ducks in a row, you have to have all endorsements: hazmat, doubles,tanker plus at leastt 1yr VERIFIABLE experience... they set up a phone interview to ask you to tell them about yourself as a person, to basically find out if you are competent and everything else is basically done through email, your W-4, and direct deposit and background consent paperwork...

Interview Questions

• They asked me to briefly talk about my past employment history   2 Answers

Negotiation

There really was no negotiation phase

Road Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

Interview was professional, line haul manager explained all aspects of job in clear detail including the starting pay, schedule, benefits, etc. He explained what was needed on my license, and active Class A CDL with Doubles/Triples, Hazmat, and Tanker endorsements. Also asked about my driving experience. Showed me around terminal and discussed various different aspects of what goes on around terminal.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a flexible schedule?   2 Answers

Road Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

Easy bring yourself cdl class A with doubles and triples endorsement hazmat also of course ,and your safe driving experiance and good work ethics .I understand that now you must apply online and submit app.

Interview Questions

• None, explaing that I needed a very good job that provided for myself and my family in exchange for a responsible and safe driver was enough.   Answer Question

Negotiation

All pay and benifits are already negotiated top pay and benefits are provided ,negotiated by I.B.T. .62 cents a mile for All miles and 24.75 per hour for All time spent regardless of what for detention , wating on paperwork, repairs on tractor trailer starting from minute one. Drug testing , layover pay , meal allowance if layed over in foreign terminal ,and even for state inspections on units. Sick pay paid out every year if not used ,vacation up to 4 weeks on top of earned time off.Home time is the best in the industry i believe from homeevery day to staying out for several days much of that is up to you.

Road Driver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Fast, spoke with foreman, he asked a few questions about where I went to school, how was the training, how did I hear about the company, the level of experience required after 5yrs, information about the company and very little about the union, who I report to.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at YRC Freight.

Interview

Easy standard questions - asked some about sales metrics, work history, types of sales closed, salary requirements & bonus structures - also went over insurance. Seemed like a good company to work for - concerns about financial stability & future of growth of the company & sales. Lots of traveling

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

Very quick decisions made. Rapid offer.

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Overland Park, KS (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

A technical phone interview was conducted to ask questions on Java, Javascript and Spring framework. The hire manager would introduce himself and asked some general questions and projects done in the past and technologies used. Then he would introduce the rest of technical interviewers and get you ready to answer their questions. Those interviewers are pretty nice and respectful. They won't put any pressure on you if you can't answer it. Most of those questions are basis, but some of them are hard.

Equipment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at YRC Freight (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Very impromptu, was just a simply Q&A , lots of questions about DOT and equipment knowledge. Person doing the interview had the personality of a mud fence. A quick walk around the facility and was offered the gig.

Dock Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at YRC Freight in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. Nothing out the ordinary. Although it was a phone interview. Made a strong impression vs a weak candidate pool. Passed my second interview with flying colors and got selected.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to dish out discipline to an employee? If so what was the outcome of the discipline, Explain in detail.   Answer Question

I was interviewed and offered by the Denver terminal in Aurora. But was offered to stay in Dallas to avoid the relocation at the last minute and accepted that option.